Search results

1. R

Picked up a Sansui 7000

Oh my so much good info. Thank you. I also bookmarked the two links. whoa! Just looked at the first page of your restoration thread. Wow can't wait to read through that after work. Also the tone board thread is great. I think I have the larger board, but will have to double check. I'm...
  2. R

Picked up a Sansui 7000

Just wanted to update this thread (what a year and a half later?). I have replaced all the bulbs and restored the wood case. I used my preferred method of restoration on the wood, which I've used on a number of real wood speakers and I think it turned out great. Clean with Murphy's Oil Soap...
  3. R

Pioneer SX-450 restoration

No popping on power off. I realized that the function switch has contacts on BOTH sides of each of the two boards. I cleaned the sides of the boards I could see from the back of the unit, but probably have to get back in there and clean the other sides that are harder to see. Hopefully that's...
  4. R

Hmm ok so it likely needs a recap and maybe new transistors... Are we talking recap in the amp section or everywhere? Also, does anyone have e a part number for bulbs to replace the power and stereo lights? Those both appear out. Thanks for the help! Listening to it now...sounds good :)
  5. R

Hi AK Was visiting my parents this weekend and rummaging around the attic for some carburetor parts when I spotted this SX-450 receiver. It used to run the sound in my dad's office back in the 80s. It was covered in dust and dirt from roof work. My dad still has the manual to it also :)...
  6. R

I built my own speaker stands, what do you think

Very nice! You should make them and sell them. I would buy a pair!
  7. R

Help me restore these PhaseTech PC60s

Thanks! I'll try to get up some pictures. They look great with the oak finish and new woofers. I'm going to keep the original brown grill fabric on there for originality's sake.
  8. R

Just wanted to update this quickly before bed. In short, these are incredible speakers for their size. I got the woofers earlier this week from MSE / Phase Tech, and they looked perfect (even threw in a T-shirt, which is cool). Exactly the same as the originals, except now the surrounds and...
  9. R

I won't be back to be able to install and first listen until Thursday :( So I will probably post back easter weekend when I visit my dad about how they sound once I get a good chance to turn them up. Great to hear your impressions, Billy Oxygen
  10. R

Picked up a Sansui 7000

I've been so darn busy didn't even look into it. Not to mention it has never happened again. So it's not a hugely pressing issue. Unit sounds great with tons of power. Thanks for the post above about the transistors. Great info there.
  11. R

Oh wow I must have measured wrong because those look great. I bet they'll sound great also. I'll have to pick a pair of those surrounds up. That ebay person had them in rubber also. Think that would affect the speaker action? I'd rather do it in rubber for the longevity.
  12. R

Looking for some info on Design Acoustics PS-10A

I have PS-10s and the newer PS-1010s. Unfortunately I'm out of town until late next week or I'd get you all of that info. I will try to remember next week. The woofer is shallow and the mid is sealed off on its own. Not much to the cabinet. The 10a was about 2 inches taller than the ps-10. The...
  13. R

I ordered new drivers. Will be here Saturday. It took them 1 day turn around from placing my order to get them both made and shipped via Fedex. This company keeps impressing me. I can't believe they support their old products like this, let alone have such great customer service. I may take...
  14. R

Thanks can't wait to get them up and running. I will keep my eye out for a sub. Bet it would be quite a set.
  15. R

Thanks for all the advice! Rick didn't have the right foam and a quick google search didn't net anything, so I decided to spring for new woofers from PhaseTech. It is cheaper to just buy a new one than to have them repair your old ones... After some reading of some restoration threads, I...
  16. R

Nice! Do you have specs on the foam or a source where you got it? Will try the Murphy's. Just looked up the stuff...has great reviews. I think that'll do what I need to clean them. Will that get rid of the spots or areas of the finish that have lightened? Or do I have to re-oil/stain it or...
  17. R

Found these in the garbage!

Nice save. Those things are huge! They can definitely upset your neighbors if you want. My older and smaller R24s can put out crazy sound, which means those things can blow your socks off.
  18. R

Scored a pair of these off an auction site. I'm always interested in speakers that have a real wood finish. That's what initially caught my eye. Second, I'm always intrigued by names that I haven't heard of before. After reading a little about these, I decided to bite, despite them needing a...
  19. R

Mission 707 restoration project.

Recently restored a pair of these. Mine are in black...would have preferred your finish! Foam was gone and had to replace 1 tweeter. I replaced both tweeters with a matched pair. I opted to replace the surrounds with thin rubber surrounds from a guy on ebay from the Netherlands, despite them...
  20. R

Luxman M111 - need set up advice

Location is going to be in MA, so this will ultimately be installed next summer. I tested out the 4 ohm Bose on the M111 in my basement just to make sure everything worked. Sounded good. There were no issues, but I wasn't pushing it. After is when I noticed on the back that it said 8 ohm...
  21. R

Luxman M111 - need set up advice

Hey guys. I assume this is the best place to post these few questions. I picked up a Luxman M111 off ebay for my dad for Christmas. It is a slim 4 channel power amp that from what I can tell is 25w per channel. The goal is to run some outdoor speakers with this for the new patio they put in...
  22. R

Kenwood 8300 or should I wait for a supreme 600 indefinitely

Also an 8300 owner. I love it. Sounded very comparable to some of my Luxman stuff in clarity and detail. Power is great. I won't be giving this one up.
  23. R

One speaker brighter than the other?

GoRNR, thanks for the input! I joined the Yahoo DA group and was searching on there also and read similar to what you say (maybe you wrote it?). There were a few other people with similar issues to mine. They recapped and noticed a tiny difference in maybe the size of the soundstage, but...
  24. R

Ok, so I tore into these. Pulled the crossovers out, which wasn't easy because they didn't leave much wire. They are pretty well packed with stuff and seem decently made. Each crossover has one 10uF 50V cap, one 14uF, and two 165uF caps (all 20% tolerance). Also, two resistors: one 5 watt, 2...
  25. R

I don't have a mic. I do have two other sets of speakers right next to these in my basement and none have the disparity that these seem to have. The Mission 707s sound perfect as to the Boston CR9s. Turning 30 this month so my ears better not be the problem lol No don't worry I didn't take...
Back
Top Bottom