Search results

1. Sedge

Technics SB-K915 value

Thanks everyone for the replies. Very helpful.
  2. Sedge

Technics SB-K915 value

I know these aren't top-shelf speakers, but there is a pair locally for $50. Probably could get them for $40. Any opinions on whether this is a good deal?
  3. Sedge

Onkyo TX-5555

Sorry...should be Onkyo TX-8555
  4. Sedge

Onkyo TX-5555

Having trouble finding info on the Onkyo TX-5555. I see one for sale, but don't know anything about it. I don't think Onkyo in general got the respect it deserved as far as quality sound. Any help appreciated. Thanks, -Sedge
  5. Sedge

Scandia

Thanks...pls see pic:
  6. Sedge

Scandia

Hello all - I've been building a vintage stereo brand/equipment index for about 5 years. I know it's a never ending project, but oh well, I'm up to about 500 brands. Anyway, I came across a FB Vintage Stereo group post that features a Scandia J-1 standard box speaker, about 11" W x ~18" H. Never...
  7. Sedge

What cables do I have?

Thanks!
  8. Sedge

What cables do I have?

Well, thanks again. I think I'll use 'em. I've been reading some high-end blogs on super expensive cables, including power cables, and what a dramatic difference they make. But I think my 70 yr old ears wouldn't appreciate them.
  9. Sedge

What cables do I have?

Sorry, last message had a couple of typos: "good" s/b "going", "my" s/b "might"
  10. Sedge

What cables do I have?

Thanks for the very informative and quick reply. I'm in the middle of reconfiguring my stereo with some old components (TEAC and Sony R2Rs, Sony carousel CD, Pioneer CD, AudioTechnica TT, Technics TT, MonoPrice Pure Tube amp, and soon to add Schiit pre-amp and amp, all good to one pair of...
  11. Sedge

What cables do I have?

I'm sure many of you have collected a rat's nest of audio/video interconnects, as I have. Perhaps you can help with a couple of questions: All questions pertain to cables with standard RCA ends. 1. Are video cables the same as audio cables? I've used them interchangeably and cannot tell any...
  12. Sedge

A Basket Case or.......A Satisfying Restore Opportunity ?

I stand corrected. Had it mixed up (sorry for the pun!) with something else. Been looking at too much vintage stuff recently ;-) It was an SE-7 I meant. Thanks for the catch.
  13. Sedge

JVC RD4-1405

Picked up a very rough and cheap RD4-1405. Have not even plugged it in yet. I can find very little about it on the web, so if anyone has something to offer I would appreciate it. I have found a service manual, but not a user manual. The 1974 Stereo Review Tape Recording Guide offers this...
  14. Sedge

Apache

Ah yes, it was a Bantam. My mother went to England and bought it about 1967 and rode it around over there. Had it shipped home and gave it to me. Eventually I sold it and bought a used Honda 305 Super Hawk. Never heard the Heresy, but I'm extremely pleased with the K-horns.
  15. Sedge

Apache

"Aeramacchi"...3rd time's a charm(?)
  16. Sedge

Apache

That should have been "Aermacchi"
  17. Sedge

Apache

Well sorry to get off topic, but it's a beauty. I had a ring-ding BSA 175 2-stroke in the late '60s, but I think it was a re-badged Aeracchi or something. It was terrible, but got me around. I also see you may be a Klipsch-fan. I just restored (internals) a pair of 1969 K'horns. In process photo...
  18. Sedge

Apache

Quite possibly they used a Universal driver. I haven't done the research on that, just compiling an index of manufacturers. BTW, is that BSA yours? -Sedge
  19. Sedge

Braun L810's

Don't have an internal shot, but this may help a little bit
  20. Sedge

Apache

Seller photos from FB Marketplace listing
  21. Sedge

Apache

I'm looking for info on Apache speakers (and/or any other type of stereo equipment made by Apache). There's a 10 yr old thread here with someone also looking for info on Apache IV speakers. Now there's a pair for sale locally on FB. Tag on back of speaker says made in US (Oklahoma City), but...
  22. Sedge

Sonics and Corals

It's a self-assigned (ie: personal interest) project on the history of audio manufacturers of the '50s-'90s.
  23. Sedge

Sonics and Corals

Thank you for the input. I've found info on the products, none on the companies themselves.
  24. Sedge

Sonics and Corals

OK, I've been trolling this forum and the web in general for the last few days trying to find some info on the Sonics Corporation (note the "s" on the end) and the maker of Coral speakers. Both, marketed mid-level quality floor and bookshelf speakers in the late '60s to late 70s from what I can...
Back
Top Bottom