Search results

1. Aspen

Rescuing a dead R-700

www.sphere.bc.ca has a nos STK3056 for sale.
  2. Aspen

Wireless Subwoofer Question:

Yamaha has a music cast sub, but it likely won't work with non- yamaha speakers.
  3. Aspen

Yamaha RX-300 problem

Either a battery or super capacitor needs to be replaced. Probably need the service manual to find it.
  4. Aspen

Yamaha R-700 rcvr Powers up but no sound

Source for NOS chip https://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/semis.html#catalog
  5. Aspen

What kind of "Tannoy" is this...?

Tannoy makes speakers in Slovakia, Malaysia and even Canada during the 80s. Might be legit could be fake
  6. Aspen

Best buy stores have no product

Demand is way up too, people are upgrading at home entertainment and office equipment
  7. Aspen

Best FM antenna in area with poor reception

The hills are tough to overcome. Most fm stations stream digitally, you may have to do that instead. An outdoor yagi on a tall tower and a remote rotator would be your best bet. I like the whole idea of capturing FM to make music, but streaming is the answer sometimes.
  8. Aspen

You know you're old when.....

40+ years :thumbsup:. The Cars 1978.
  9. Aspen

Yamaha RX-950: Odd Loudness Control

I use the loudness a little differently based on a suggestion from someone on AK. Loudness flat, turn volume to the highest level that you would ever want, i.e. rock-on dude level, then turn the loudness to reduce the sound level to what you desire at that time. If you want more or less sound...
  10. Aspen

How good an Audiophile are you

I wasn't expecting to do well because I was listening via cheap earbuds from an old iPad, not a very resolving set up. My score was worse than random. I picked the wav once, 320 twice and 128 3 times and was really just guessing. It tells me that a premium streamer is not worth it to me if I...
  11. Aspen

Instruments that you don´t like?

Same, had a neighbour down the bay at the cottage. He used to play the pipes in the evening when the lake was still. Loved it.
  12. Aspen

Yamaha r9

I like mine tuner sounds nice and it has a class A mode so it can double as a space heater. Bonus if remote is included.
  13. Aspen

Yamaha R-7 question

There is a super capacitor that powers the memory, yours is likely old and tired. Sorry I don't know the details, I did buy one for my R-9 years ago but have not installed it as it is kind of hard to get to and I have no skills. Mine will hold stations if I leave on standby with the remote...
  14. Aspen

Vintage receiver + Bose Ac. 8 Subwoofer. Any chance?

That's some good advice right there.
  15. Aspen

I got 22 albums for $375usd and I'm happy. You get what you pay for.

Hey, that looks like my collection circa 1985!
  16. Aspen

SACD output Question

The 5.1 will be downmixed to 2.0 by the player and give you two channel analog into the receiver. If your receiver has a digital input, but only 2 channel you would get a 2 channel digitial feed from the player into the receiver. The receiver's DAC would convert it to 2.0 analog Does your...
  17. Aspen

a cool new toy? soundstage expander

My 1983 Yamaha R-900 receiver in my avatar has a "spacial expander" variable knob. I used it a couple times in the 80's, thought it was weird, and haven't touched it since.
  18. Aspen

3 receivers one input? How to??

This ^^^^ but you would have to find the CCA on ebay or somewhere as Google doesn't sell them anymore.
  19. Aspen

Anyone ever use a non-Yamaha calibration mic on a Yamaha AVR?

I tried using a Pioneer mic with the Yamaha AVR it it failed.
  20. Aspen

Not Loving HDMI...

Lucky, I could never get ARC to work between my Yamaha and Samsung, spent hours and tried talking with customer support from Yamaha and Samsung who just pointed fingers at each other. I too have constant issues with HDMI cables coming undone when you move a piece of equipment or rack. There...
  21. Aspen

Yamaha Goodwill Score Works-... Almost

I had the same issue with the same unit. The tech tried to resolder the chip but it only worked for a couple of week s. He then replaced the audio processor and that fixed it. Cost about $600CDN to fix.
  22. Aspen

R-900 going into protection

Started yesterday with going into protection after playing for a couple of hours. I let it cool off and then started it back up for an hour with no issue. Still sounds fine on both channels. In the past few years I have replaced both STK power amp ICs and a few other bits. Maybe the voltage...
  23. Aspen

Yamaha R-8 Receiver -- Cure for Alzheimer's

Thanks! The one on my R-9 is dead and I even have the replacement. I should swap it out someday. It is not so bad because as long as I only power down with the remote it will stay in standby and keep the presets. Also I really only listen to one station 99% of the time.
  24. Aspen

Mcintosh car audio?

Do you need crossovers for the tweeters? Maybe they were in the doors somewhere? Should be pretty decent if the amp is all ok. Just need a set of decent midrange drivers for the front or skip having rear speakers and run the coax's up front with no door tweeters.
  25. Aspen

Audio company names, many probably pronounce wrong.

Yes French does vary by region. Where I'm from the "e" followed by the double "rr" would be a short e which is a unique sound to French like how "Perrier" water is pronounced. The e sounds like in the English word 'pet'
Back
Top Bottom