Search results

1. S

Schematic Diagrams of Crossovers for Jensen Imperial Speakers PR-100

Yes 1.6MH inductor, 8uf cap, and im guessing 20ohm resistor. In the picture with the Jansen SP in the top left corner; The M1131EQ is most likely the parts in front of the mid out. I collected all these pictures from some Japanese websites using google search.
  2. S

ALTEC 604 Duplex in original Residential cabinet 605 for sale

Maybe as a collector, that is a rare piece of history. The 605 cabinet name is probably just using a consecutive number to the 604 driver. The 605A drivers didn't come out till the early-mid 1960s. The 605 residential cabinet was probably long forgotten by Atlec at that point.
  3. S

Official AR Turntable Owners Thread

any recommendations for the foam inserts? I was thinking open cell foam like aquarium foam, Its been ages since I saw the original foam so I can't remember exactly what it looked like
  4. S

Thanks Nashou66 for the link, so 3x 2" discs will do the trick
  5. S

I just verified with Vinylnirvana "When the kit was initially designed by someone else other than me, yes, they were using Linn springs. However, those started to get really pricey, so I had some reverse engineered by a well-respected spring maker here in the us. So they are not technically...
  6. S

thanks AR forum buddies! I will order from vinylnirvana and then order some dive weights for the suspension as another member has mentioned. My original springs are a little bouncy. I had set the table to the measurement between subplatter and plate the original manual mentions and this works ok...
  7. S

now im as confused as before, Jose is saying the Linn springs have the 3lbs a la marcmorin, ChrisP is saying no weight needed for the audionirvana springs. in addition couldn't you tune the springs with 3lbs of weight and added height for the record clamp?
  8. S

interesting why don't the vinynirvana springs mention adding weight? From what i recall Marc said the springs are to stiff without 3lbs
  9. S

I have looked at there store before, they don't carry the linn springs though. I see the original replacements and the heavy duty, but neither to my understanding matches the linn springs that you add 3lbs to in Marcmorin fashion
  10. S

Does anybody have a good source in the US for Linn springs and mounting hardware. I've been looking to do the suspension mods on my XA for almost a decade know but haven't had any luck getting parts
  11. S

Fisher 400 both channels distortion

-12.9v on 3 tubes and -13.2 on 1 tube
  12. S

I have plenty of space to put things in storage when not in use so that wouldn't be a problem, I would love to get more into learning to fix electronics just haven't had the time and or money. I see some newer scopes for as low as 40 dollars online not sure how good they are. I love old...
  13. S

hmm interesting, maybe I should get a scope, I was looking at threads and noticed a thread from a few years ago about updating the power supply again on late model fishers ...as well as possibly other riaa mods. Looks like going further down the rabbit hole
  14. S

interesting what else would could potentialy happen during testing the output power other than the output tubes being damaged? If i were to use the receiver as is for the time being are there any concerns with possibly worn tubes? Would I get noticeable distortion listening to music. I never...
  15. S

I don't have any of those. I rarely do anything that I would use a signal generator or scope for, the only other time I had considered getting them was for tuner alignment but than i would still need even more gear. Im up about as far north as you can get in new york and I don't know anyone...
  16. S

I changed the value to 57k, I have -20.5v on the and 211mv across the cathode resistors. I was looking at the "fisher 400 with EFB,IBAM,PS,PH_INV and control section update_REV7.pdf" I noticed they have a 47k resistor in that position and they show -17v supplying the IBAM? should I lower the EFB...
  17. S

I believe that is the 75k resistor that was originally a 39k before the IBBA boad was installed. I also had that as 150k before
  18. S

So what are we saying here? is there something else to try or test before switching the tubes? My EFB trimmer is maxed out at -13.5v I only can go between -13.5v to roughly -15.4v with that trimmer
  19. S

Final questions for this thread Should I build a bucking transformer to cut the 120 supplied to 110? Will this help things run smoother and what are the benefits? Also what should I be shooting for with the efb trimmer when and if im ever able to find a set of good output tubes for this...
  20. S

yes all between 13.7 - 14v on pin2 and the most I can get is 15-16ma on pin 3. Its possible that the EFB issue helped them fail. Hopefully when I can find a decent set of tubes they last longer with the EFB doubler fixed. I think I have my original set of mismatched tubes they probably still...
  21. S

13.7-14v
  22. S

where do I check that, what pin 1 Screen Grid, 2 Control Grid, 3 Cathode, Suppressor Grid
  23. S

ahh shite, well my guess is my tubes are about fried than, im only getting 165mv maxed on the trimmer and thats with the efb trimer cut all the way down too -23.5v. Im guessing I really messed this thing up, these were decent rca's I bought maybe 1or2years ago they had reading of 9200 written on...
  24. S

so im shooting for 210 mv on each tube. The EFB trimmer should still supply -25v at the tubes? Why can't my meter read ma across pin 3? did I always bias this thing wrong in the past?
Back
Top Bottom