Search results

1. scoville

Toyo 6G-E12-6G-E12A

I have been searching for one of these for several years. Snagged one off the auction site and it just cam in. Works great! This very unique square Magic Eye tops off the restore on my Pioneer SM-Q300. I know they fit some Fisher Gear, and others. Anyway, It's a buy it now, just sending out a...
  2. scoville

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Sep 14, 2014
  3. scoville

Anyone in Central Florida area?

Palm Harbor Tony
  4. scoville

Thoughts on how to finish this plinth?

You should polish the slate. There are numerous brands of battery high speed polishers on the market.
  5. scoville

Recommends to repair water damaged plinth on Pioneer PL-3F

Water down the wood glue by mixing to a consistency that will penetrate, Brush on with a cheap but firm disposable brush, The metal handled ones are best for this, work in the glue, cut 1x4 1/8" shorter than the dimensions of the plinth. Pu wax paper between the blocks and plinth. Slowly apply...
  6. scoville

Accoustic Research XB77

The 77 XB will fit an XA plinth perfectly. There are plenty floating around on the auction site.
  7. scoville

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

This one another Peach. Charlie Musselwhite Ace of Harps. Good Stuff
  8. scoville

Finally came across a nice grouping of Blues albums Garage saleing Saturday. It's been quite a few months since I found anything worthwhile. 50 vintage Blues albums 180. They looked very clean, but some mildew due to storage issues, (Fla). I'm just getting started cleaning, playing. My SO out of...
  9. scoville

Tweeter Array Information Please

Thanks, That sounds like an educated guess, there are no markings on anything. I don't see the passives doing anything but muting the sound of the tweets.
  10. scoville

Has nobody ever seen these?
  11. scoville

DIY solution for cleaning old vinyl?

I've never heard of anybody trying Alkaline water in a cleaning solution. I hear it's a great cleaner, and soap is not necessary. There is a place near in Clearwater that sells it in different strengths for quite reasonable. Any resident chemists know if adding a few drops of soap, and alcohol...
  12. scoville

Fisher Roll Call: Whatcha' Got ?

Thanks Dave, I have a small fan around here somewhere. I'm definitely short on space around here but there is certainly room for that fan next to it.
  13. scoville

Reggae Sunsplash "81
  14. scoville

Fisher Roll Call: Whatcha' Got ?

My Brass Birdie. I'm finally a member of the Fisher Tube club. I might have overpaid, but this beauty sounds fantastic, mates rather nicely with my existing components, tube and otherwise. 1959 I'm thinking? So are my Jensen Stereo Directors. The year before I was born. Now that's Vintage!
  15. scoville

Jerk Chicken

I had a Pimento tree I purchased locally I had in a large pot. I used to trim the green wood and add it to the grill. This is what they use in Jamaica to cook over. The same flavor can be obtained by buying bulk Allspice seeds, soaking a handfull in water, wrapping into a foil envelope and...
  16. scoville

Festoon Dial Bulbs for Mc Pre-Amp, Tuners and Tuner/Pre-Amps

Well, this old carpenter figured out a way to mount flat ended fuse lamps 3 months ago and Now you come up with these!!! I did my MR78 and an MX113. It took hours of practice with my solder iron taped to the end of my hammer to get those blobs of solder centered on those little fuse lamps!
  17. scoville

Dumpster score

I bought my MR78 at a large record store here in pieces, for 3, had to order new glass (lucky they had it!). Got it checked and aligned. I'm still short 2 knobs. I went back for the 2205 the next week for 5. Was missing the bottom cover which I found on the bay. Got a pot replaced. I thought I...
  18. scoville

Since when has a turntable base been referred to as a plinth?

Plinth is the architectural term for the Base of a Column. See Ancient Greece. George Castanza
  19. scoville

Just looking for a short set of headshell wires...

Is it a more Modern Thorens Table? Perhaps if you buy a set with very small (flexible) wires you will be able to roll them and they will tuck under the headshell without binding. Those boots that protect the wires from breaking also make them less flexible. Try some without the boots, and try a...
  20. scoville

Altec Segovia Speakers

Audiosignal, I think the 4 Ohm draw on these is what makes them special. I have them in the bedroom with the Marantz now. They were bumped by my AR 90's. The Kenwood was in bedroom bumped by the Marantz. The Kenwood was my first big receiver, Full Re-cap. Very costly. It's a beauty, sounds...
  21. scoville

Learning about SUT's

I just purchased a used Denon AU 320 on the auction site for my Supex 900 Super e+ for under 300. It sounds great but when I'm able I'll be going the custom made route. I'll be looking up Redboy for sure.
  22. scoville

I'm hoping to get some information on this unusual Array of tweeters. Garage sale find, forgot I had them until cleaning out the back seat of my truck! They are 2 pairs wired in tandem, and the top is some sort of passive unit. I'm getting readings of just under 4 ohms. I've been unable to find...
  23. scoville

Altec Segovia Speakers

I have the Segovias, Sorry to hear they didn't do you justice! My were really roached boxes but I re-veneered Mahogany, re-foamed. They have sounded excellent with my Kenwood Model Eleven III's, my Mc 2100, and are singing sweetly now with my Marantz 2285B. I think they were designed to compete...
  24. scoville

Found a Bigun'

I finally got this cleaned, hooked up and tested. I ended up testing with my Marantz 2285B. It really has some booming, luscious sound. Yes, the tweeter is working fine. I wish I had a larger home! This looks to be a fairly simple cabinet to construct. I even have the Mahogany Veneer and...
  25. scoville

Found a Bigun'

Yes, I found some info. This is the consumer version. 8 Ohm. I wanted to test it side by side w/ my Jensen Studio Directors, but that is 16 ohm tap on my Fisher ST 101. It's in original cabinet and all wired up not going in there. I'll dig out my Bogen AP 30. Can I damage the Bogen with only 1...
Back
Top Bottom