Search results

1. imsjry

Headphone amp?

Is it pretty neutral or does it color the sound at all? Is it very musical or does it sound colder? Just looking for thoughts on the sonics. Thanks and congrats on the purchase.
  2. imsjry

Amp-Vincent SV-500 Turntable-Thorans TD-147 Headphones-Focal Clear & Massdrop 6xx...

Amp-Vincent SV-500 Turntable-Thorans TD-147 Headphones-Focal Clear & Massdrop 6xx Digital-Topping E-30
  3. imsjry

Headphone amp?

Curious to hear your feedback. I've never heard of this model before. I know the Liquid Carbon I purchased to see if it was better than my integrated didn't come close. Some integrated amps have great headphone stages so you may be surprised.
  4. imsjry

Dual 506-1-Super bassy! (Ortofon TKS55E cart/Dual DN155E stylus)

I just inherited a nice very lightly used Dual 506-1. It has an original Ortofon TKS55E cart and a Dual DN155E stylus. Everything works and sounds great except....the bass is almost overpowering via Grado SR225 headphones or my Klipsch bookshelf speakers (neither are known for being bassy)! I...
  5. imsjry

Is high pitched noise in speakers microphonic tubes?

Put the stock 12ax7's back in and all is again peacefully quiet. I will return the 6072's. Thanks all!
  6. imsjry

Yes the original OEM 12ax7s are fine and never make a peep. Not liking this NOS old tube route. I may have to stick with new production.
  7. imsjry

They both have noise but separately and not at same time. And not all the time.
  8. imsjry

The fridge is pretty far away in the next room. That circuit is my entire living room so- TV, router, lamps, stereo gear. I turned off the router so it isn’t that. It has to be the tubes themselves but just not sure why.
  9. imsjry

The old tubes create no noise whatsoever. I did not unplug the power strip as I'm using it for all my sources but ran the amp direct to the wall and the noise returned (this is on any source input and with volume all the way down).
  10. imsjry

Ok it wasn’t the power strip as the noise came back. But as I’m typing it’s completely gone so it’s random. I powered off the Phono Pre as well as Bluetooth device just to see if it was those but it wasn’t. It has to be the tubes or some relationship with them since the stock tubes never did this.
  11. imsjry

So i unplugged the amp from my surge protector strip and went right into the wall and the noise is gone for now. Crazy if that's all it was!
  12. imsjry

Yes you are correct. The goal was to try to give a bit of a gain reduction with the 12ay7 (6072) from the 12ax7. I thought you could swap 12ax7's for any in the "family", is that not the case?
  13. imsjry

It's always high pitched no pops or crackle. And It does stop at times for a bit but comes back. Keep in mind this is only my second day with them. Last night they were dead quiet from the start all night. Today the noise started.
  14. imsjry

Yaqin 13s Amp: Got some NOS GE 6072a to replace my stock 12ax7's. Last night, plugged them in and listened for a few hours and they were dead quiet. Today, after warm up both speakers now have high pitched noise that sounds like interference.It totally comes and goes and isn't consistent. I...
  15. imsjry

Help-New Tube Amp too Loud??

Thanks! So you just do EBay or is there a good reputable source you use?
  16. imsjry

Since my new ones seem to be microphonic, so you have recommendations for 12AY7s? I’d love to try them.
  17. imsjry

Put the RCA Black Plate 12AT7s in today. While it isn’t significant, it gives me just enough headroom that now I can turn down to listenable levels with others in the room without losing balance and dynamics. What IS significant is how much these improved the sound quality. I thought the stock...
  18. imsjry

Tried the Harrison 12db attenuators and it did indeed pad the sound and accomplish the goal of giving me more headroom with the volume control. However, it changed the sound to the point where i won't be keeping them. Much of the energy and magic of the tube sound seems to disappear with these...
  19. imsjry

From all of this conversation and Google searching, what i gather is the previous version of this amp was a Yaqin MC10 which used 12AT7, lower gain tubes. Then apparently they changed models to the MC13 which use 12ax7, higher gain tubes but they didn't change the volume circuit sensitivity...
  20. imsjry

Along with the attenuators, I ordered some inexpensive RCA Black Plate 12AT7s to swap for the 12AX7 to see if it lowers the overall gain. If not, I’ll have some different tubes to roll for fun. This way I can try both potential solutions and see what has the biggest benefit.
  21. imsjry

Cool since those are the ones I ordered! I've read others say they do change the highs and color so I'm really curious.
  22. imsjry

12db attenuators shipping today! I just hope they don’t color the sound at all because this pairing, while obnoxiously loud for my space, sounds amazing.
  23. imsjry

Ok so I just plugged my phone directly in as a source which I hadn’t done yet. With the volume almost all the way up on the phone, I had plenty of headroom with the amp volume. So does this now point to my gain issue being the source input sensitivity levels and not necessary an issue with the...
  24. imsjry

Ok just to throw one other curve into this..... The amp has a VU meter that says "VU meter monitors the average output levels of 2 channels". I have never seen move one tick. I assume this would move if i was able to open up the gain without shattering my windows, but just thought i would...
  25. imsjry

I did not see a specific controller model recommendation. Any thoughts on this one? It would be a cheaper option then 4 pairs of attenuators but ideally the solution would not affect the overall source sound characteristics if possible...
Back
Top Bottom