Search results

1. gonzomeep

Restoring another set of ESS AMT 3 Rock Monitors

Stone stock mint. Wonderful
  2. gonzomeep

Give Oskar a Wedgie and Heil Smooth Out and Won't Be Such a Dip!

That's some cool info Dude. Thank you, Best Regards, Steve G.
  3. gonzomeep

JBL L112 Woofer paint

These were done long ago. I've been a fine finish PRO. for 35 years. A steady hand, patience and care = beautiful white cones. FYI, I used a Purdy 1" brush. KUDOS!
  4. gonzomeep

JBL L112 Woofer paint

I did the original al test on the LHS. I had very positive results. AquaPlas was used by JBL to provide mass/ dampening. The LE14'stock had a cone weight of about 142 grams. Adding full formula 123 to the cones added less than a single gram. My woofers looked gorgeous and the nay-sayers looked...
  5. gonzomeep

ESS AMT 1B CROSSOVER QUESTIONS

Looks like you have some Mighty Altec Model 19's in the mix. Bravo. I've found the 811B/802-8G combo on the top end of that model to be my personal choice of how a speaker should reproduce MR/HF. Lovely . I've owned all the big ESS models. That HEIL on top ; regardless of A,B,C,D's have a very...
  6. gonzomeep

The Best 3-way with 10" or larger woofer

I'm a JBL guy. Love them;......but....., one of few truly great bookshelf models I have owned and love, non-JBL is the Canton Karat 40. 10"-5"-1", 3way. Sealed enclosure, wonderful build quality, powerful output and refined voicing. Sorry I sold them! Audition some or take a chance. You'll not...
  7. gonzomeep

JBL L110 incoming.

Greetings from The Great Salt Lake, U.S.A to The Land of OZ, NZ! My L110's were in much,much worse condition. If you need a second opinion or some how-to's, I'll be happy to assist you. Well done, Regards, Steve G.
  8. gonzomeep

JBL L110 incoming.

here are my L110's with genuine JBL Monitor Blue Grille cloth.
  9. gonzomeep

JBL L110 incoming.

The L110 uses a LE111a I can't remember if they have both Alnico and Ferrite "H" versions. Black pulp paper cone with white AquaPlas on the back of the cone. Not your typical JBL sounding bookshelf IMHO. Very refined voicing and not too much bass. The grilles are plastic two piece frames. The...
  10. gonzomeep

JBL Jubal L65's opinion

Funny, I didn't even notice the original post date. Oh well....
  11. gonzomeep

JBL Jubal L65's opinion

The 077's should have blue diaphragms if they are original . I've heard the difference between newer ferrite magnet woofers as opposed to the stock 122a/126a Alnico type. The stock woofers are curvilinear type, the modern equivalents are much more suited for today's CD quality dynamic range...
  12. gonzomeep

JBL L222 refoamed

13. gonzomeep

JBL L222 refoamed

Sweet! I love these models. Yamaha M Power! MX1000U, MX1000, M80...... I/O...... You'll thank me later...lol... Well done. Regards, Steve G.
  14. gonzomeep

Ess amt 1b

Oh, superb job on the grilles, total PITA! Been there, done that, got the tee shirt. KUDOS.
  15. gonzomeep

Ess amt 1b

I've owned many pair of these wonderful AMT1X series speakers. Try some big Yamaha M series amps for power and if you have $, try at least an M80 paired with a C65, 70, 85 or 1000 preamp. I've owned most of the big AMT's ,along with the bookshelf models. Give the stock config. a good long...
  16. gonzomeep

Amplifier and Speaker pairing = synergy

JBL, Big Yammy M SS power on the woofer/subwoofers and VTL EL34 power on the 076-2421 H92 L94/ 2441 2397 mid and uhf . Electronically crossed via JBL DSC260 and Energy EAC.
  17. gonzomeep

Reminiscing....

Naw...she died suddenly. I'm definitely a better man for having known Terri for 20 years. On the bright side..., when you have that kind of potential wrt your gear, loudness is the last thing you want. It's really about the quality at even super low levels.Don't get me wrong, it could level...
  18. gonzomeep

Reminiscing....

Cool memories.
  19. gonzomeep

Calling all Texans

Enjoy your new digs.
  20. gonzomeep

A Book For Fans Of JBL Speakers.

Hell, just ask member Bowtie427.... That guy knows his Lansing.
  21. gonzomeep

Requesting some info on JBL Olympus C50 S8R

So I was taking my then girlfriend to work and while driving saw a yard sale on the side of the road, and quickly noticed the tell-tale yellow surrounds of vintage JBL's. I pulled around while she yelled 'I'm going to be late now!" I said you'll be glad I did this...... Well, my heart was...
  22. gonzomeep

Oaktron floor speakers

I owned a pair of Oaktron drivers years ago. 8 inch full range. Very nice build quality. Reminded me of Stephens TruSonic. Blue baskets and what appeared to be Alnico magnets. How do they sound?
  23. gonzomeep

Do you miss a particular audio brick-and-mortar store?

Bakersfield Audio. Bought a B.I.C 940 TT with an Audio Technica AT12E . Used to listen to all the good stuff. JBL ,TANDBERG , SONAB, PIONEER, B&O. Super cool. Across town was Casa Moore Stereo. Altec, Technics, Onkyo. RS1500US, M19,15, 9,7 ETC. Those where the good ol' days I miss very much...
Back
Top Bottom