Search results

1. scotlawrence

Zenith replacement bulb, 1982 model R421.

Thanks guys! much appreciated.. Dave says he is out of the office until 1/26..I'll send him an email this weekend.. thanks, Scot
  2. scotlawrence

Ok, I got the manual! The bulb is: Part No. 900-360, pilot lamp, 6V 30mA. Anyone have a suggestion for a modern replacement bulb of the correct size? And anyone know what kind of white paint would be best? Thanks, Scot
  3. scotlawrence

There is a manual! I found it on ebay..should have it in a few days. I dont know if it will have a schematic. Thanks, Scot
  4. scotlawrence

Hey everyone, im working on my 1982 Zenith R421: (I believe the '82 R421 is Zenith's very last table radio.) Ive taken it apart to clean it, and I want to try to replace the bulb.. The bulb for the lit tuner display is dead: It has only the one bulb.. I would like to replace it.. The...
  5. scotlawrence

Zenith Circle of Sound, Mid-Fi or Low-Fi? (in the late 60's)

Nice! I believe there are about 7 different "circle of sound" radios and clock radios. im still gathering the data! ;) Scot
  6. scotlawrence

Thanks everyone! great stuff.. So it seems the answer to my question: "Would the late-60's Zenith Circle of Sound be considered Mid-Fi or Low-fi? during the late 60's?" is: "does not apply"! ;) Because "mid-fi" and "low-fi" didnt really exist then as terms or concepts..thats fine! that *is* an...
  7. scotlawrence

Good point..im sure many people used the term "the Hi-Fi" in a generic sense, referring to any home stereo setup. But thats a different use of the term than what im trying to get at..but its certaintly a good point to add to the mix.. thanks, Scot
  8. scotlawrence

Well..I dont know. I wasnt there, which is why im asking. ;) High Fidelity magazine started in 1951, so people were certaintly talking about differentating the quality of fidelity by the late 60's. But I dont know what the criteria was.. thanks, Scot
  9. scotlawrence

Hello Audio historians, I am starting a new webpage! :) It is going to be all about the Zenith Circle of Sound. I plan to list all the known models, when they came out, how many consoles, speakers, radios, etc. were in the series. The webpage was started a few days ago, its not *nearly* ready to...
  10. scotlawrence

Cleaning plastic radio parts.

Cool, thanks guys..i'll post the results when its done.. This model, the 1982 model R421, im pretty sure is the very last Zenith table radio. Thanks to a post here: http://antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=188683 Scot
  11. scotlawrence

Cleaning plastic radio parts.

Hello everyone, I have a 1982 Zenith model R421 table radio that I would like to clean up. Its in nice shape! works fine, but the plastic shell has some scuffs and dirt, and the top fake wood surface has a smokey haze on it. The whole case is 100% plastic, no real wood anywhere. Im...
  12. scotlawrence

Made the Change From Windows Phone to Android

I also don't want an iPhone..because I use my cell phone about: 3 times a week for texting..one minute each time. 5 minutes a month for talking. I turn on the data or wifi maybe 3 times a year. and I plug it in to charge about once a week..maybe 10 days.. I pay $7 a month for the plan and bought...
  13. scotlawrence

Any Other Good Sites That Sell Vintage Stereos??

can you make "wanted" posts in bartertown?
  14. scotlawrence

Do people think you're crazy when you tell them how much you spent on your rig?

Yes, people have been shocked at how much I have spent for my vintage setup.. they have been shocked at how little I spent! ;) Recreating the system of my childhood (my Dads stereo system from when I was a kid and teenager) The original equipment is long gone, so in the past year I been...
  15. scotlawrence

When CD's first came out

For most teenagers in the 80's, cassettes still ruled until the end of the decade, for economic reasons. ;) I switched from cassettes to CD's in 1989/1990, when I was in college. Scot
  16. scotlawrence

Lafayette Receiver dimensions.

Hey everyone, I have a 1975 Lafayette LR-1100: (which I re-discovered thanks to this forum! same model my Dad had when I was a kid in the 70's) :) And I have an idea for a project..I need another Lafayette chassis of the same size and shape.. There are three other models that used (I think)...
  17. scotlawrence

The cover better than the original

I have always liked this version better than the original: scot
  18. scotlawrence

A Musical Continuity game

TRACK 4: Summer Breeze.
  19. scotlawrence

What radio did you grow up listening too???

When I was a kid in the 70's my "family stereo" (really, my Dad's!) was a 1975 Lafayette LR-1100 receiver, with an attached 8-track player, turntable, and two speakers.. We also used the same system throughout my teen years in the 80's.. All the equipment disappeared decades ago..but I...
  20. scotlawrence

How do you deal with snow?

I am not only into vintage audio, I am also into vintage snowblowers! :biggrin: (yes, its an actual hobby!) Here is my current collection: On the left is my main working machine, a 1971 Ariens. On the right is the "backup" machine, also a 1971 Ariens, partially restored. In the middle is a...
  21. scotlawrence

Making an offer, without haggling.

great suggestions! thanks everyone.. I think I will write up a basic paragraph that I can use over again, then just tweak the details for the specific item im asking about.. thanks, scot
  22. scotlawrence

Making an offer, without haggling.

So here is something I have been thinking about lately..im sure im not the only one who has considered this issue.. Let's say you find something for sale on-line, Craigslist, or an Ebay auction with the "make an offer" option. Lets say its a piece of audio equipment (receiver, turntable, etc)...
  23. scotlawrence

CL pricing rules...

It's not totally clear, the writing was poorly done, but it does imply you need to state a price: I interpret that as: Can I put a link in my for sale posting pointing to an auction site like eBay? No, you can not. And in addition to that, please also post a set price in your craigslist ad...
  24. scotlawrence

Dual Differences.

very interesting! thanks everyone..I was not aware of this.. I think this answers my first three questions: Answer: neither..some came with different wood/plastic bases, and some came with no bases. there are also aftermarket wood bases. Answer: no. Im still very interested in the last two...
  25. scotlawrence

Dual Differences.

Thanks hi*ball.. are both versions original? Scot
Back
Top Bottom