Search results

1. audiobliss

The Topping D50 III is out, Just saying...

Yeah I guess if you already invested in the 5v power supply, you may as well use it.
  2. audiobliss

The Topping D50 III is out, Just saying...

Better go for a E70 or D70 Pro Sabre, if you want a real upgrade.
  3. audiobliss

Media Tablet?

I second the Samsung a7, and it will support bluetooth LDAC if you ever want to try that.
  4. audiobliss

Simple PC Music Playback

Maybe you should ask this in the Digital Sources section.
  5. audiobliss

McIntosh C55 and C2800

They need a downsized preamp, who needs 16 inputs, especially 7 analog.
  6. audiobliss

Odd issues with MR85 Tuner...

$900 was certainly a good price, I have mostly seen them go for between 1500-2000. So you could still come out on top.
  7. audiobliss

Odd issues with MR85 Tuner...

Well, maybe these are the reasons why the price was so great. It seems to be in need of a bit of servicing. You should call Audio Classics and see what they recommend to bring it up to spec. I owned one for a few years and it's certainly worth doing.
  8. audiobliss

Using Wiim Pro Plus timer to trigger other devices

Get one of these, plug a power strip into it for more outlets, and turn everything on and off with the remote. I use one on a second system and it works well. Amazon has it. Fosmon WavePoint Wireless Remote Control Outdoor Electrical Outlet Switch Weatherproof Heavy Duty 3-Prong Plug-in ETL...
  9. audiobliss

Using Wiim Pro Plus timer to trigger other devices

That Emotiva ET3 only works with equipment that has 12v triggers, which neither the Wiim or your vintage receiver has. You may just have to turn them on individually.
  10. audiobliss

Wiim Pro: Playing Amazon Music From Wiim App Vs. Casting From Android Device

I think to get the best quality using the Amazon app to cast to the Wiim, you have to enable Alexa in the Wiim app.
  11. audiobliss

New to McIntosh, need help

I hate that new truck look, I don't know what they were thinking.
  12. audiobliss

Looking for good, reasonable Bluetooth receiver with digital output.

Right Cpt, I know we can always depend on you for a more detailed explanation.
  13. audiobliss

Best Bluetooth settings in Android?

Not sure which wired connection you mean, but I have compared my bluetooth LDAC to my Wiim Pro ethernet wired , and I would say it 95%. Switching back and forth between them, sometimes I forget which ones playing.
  14. audiobliss

Looking for good, reasonable Bluetooth receiver with digital output.

I can highly recommend two, take your pick, both support LDAC. So if you use a Android phone or tablet you can get CD quality. Lavaudio DS220, for less than a hundred. Ifi Zen Blue V2 for less than two hundred. Lavaudio only has optical digital out, the ifi has both optical and coax. They...
  15. audiobliss

Loving this MDA200

With that configuration, just as a dac feeding the McIntosh pre/pro, there are lots less expensive dacs available that will provide a noticeable improvement over the dacs in either of your CD players.
  16. audiobliss

Sansui TU-717 alignment cost? Paying to much?

Anyone knows of a tech in south Florida that does alignment. I have had three or four 717s over the years, starting with the first one the seventies. The one I have now is in mint condition and I have done all I can do to upgrade a few things ,like the inputs and a IEC plug. I think it needs an...
  17. audiobliss

Loving this MDA200

With so much in the chain it might be hard to hear. You might just be hearing the JVC . I bought the one I had used, so any burn in was already done. I used it as a preamp, straight into my 7270, and it performed well. Compare it that way and see. Both CD player analog and coax into the MDA...
  18. audiobliss

Has anyone compared the Marantz SACD 30n to the SA-KI, and SA 10?

No I did not. The Marantz MMM has its own SQ flavor. So you will just have to give it a try. I have not seen any negative reviews of the sound quality.
  19. audiobliss

Yes I am using a separate dac, was using a McIntosh , but now using a Emotiva XDA-3. More feature, more inputs and outputs, same sound quality at a fraction of the price.
  20. audiobliss

Yeah, those were my early days of streaming, so was still in the learn curve, so it’s possible. It is a beautiful machine, well built and smooth operating. I have a Marantz nr1510 receiver setup in the garage that I still play HEOS on mostly for background music, I think I will try the Amazon...
  21. audiobliss

I only used the HEOS app. Maybe some of it was in HD , but it was hard to tell as it didn’t show any resolution on the display. That was one of my reasons for not keeping it longer. I had a N6006 before the N30, it didn’t show any either, you would think that for the price of the N30 it would.
  22. audiobliss

I just used HEOS to stream and it only came through in 16/44 resolution no matter which service. I had Amazon HD also. Its been a couple years now so maybe they have improved the HEOS software.
  23. audiobliss

Streaming FM station on Node vs analog FM tuner - big difference in sound - help me understand

Are you using a good outside or attic antenna? If not a good one may help you lock in the FM stereo. I have also found that Tunein stream is of low quality.
  24. audiobliss

DAC in C48 in the year 2023

Or if you can stretch the funds, go for a nice used C49. The dac should be a improvement over the C47.
Back
Top Bottom