Search results

1. audiobliss

MDA200 internal pics for those interested.

The top cover rang like a bell when you tapped on it, so I decided to add some damping, and I was curious to see the inside anyway. I committed the sin of not buying from an authorized dealer, so not worried about voiding any warranty. So here is what you get for four grand plus taxes if you...
  2. audiobliss

Loving this MDA200

It's been a week since I got this as a replacement go my c47. I have it driving my 7270 directly , which I was kind of concerned about before getting it, as McIntosh wasn't calling it a digital preamp like they called the D100 and D150. However that concern was blown away with the first note...
  3. audiobliss

Got a sweet deal on a mint MDA200

I have been watching and waiting for a real user review, or a deal so good, that I would just get it. I almost gave up a few weeks ago and just order one, when I saw dealers was shipping them with a sixty day trial. then suddenly last Saturday morning one showed for sale at almost 25% off. I...
  4. audiobliss

Mcintosh seems to be now shipping

I noticed that Music Direct and Crutchfield now not saying in store only for McIntosh, and now just says free shipping and 60 day returns. Very tempting, so now your only risk is the return cost.
  5. audiobliss

Trying to make sense of McIntosh sales policy

All the McIntosh pieces I have had were bought used, but I have been seriously thinking of buying my first new unit. So why is a dealer not allowed to ship a new unit, but they can ship a used one. Not everyone lives near a dealer to walk in and buy what they want. Then, even if you are near...
  6. audiobliss

Got a dud for a CD transport

The Cambridge CXC v2 I ordered off Amazon came today. Looked brand new in the box, but who knows, couldn't even tell if it was really a V2. Nothing I could find said V2. Anyway I hooked it up with great expectations. The first thing I noticed that I thought odd, was that as I plugged it in it...
  7. audiobliss

Anyone heard the new MDA200 yet

Interested in knowing how it will perform as a preamp. Been thinking of changing my c47 for a c49 for the better DAC, but I could go for the mda200 since I have no analog sources in that system. It's also less than the c49 which I was surprised to see.
  8. audiobliss

My c47 has a memory issue

Ever since I upgraded my dedicated power line a few weeks ago, and disconnected all the power, my C47 will not return to the last input or volume played day after day. I use it on opt 1 every day, and the next day when I turn it on , it's on opt 2 and very low volume. All the other settings...
  9. audiobliss

Is my C47 upsampling, or is the Sony putting out 88.2khz

Playing my Sony UBP-X1100ES using coax into my C47, the display on the TV shows 44.1, while the C47 shows 88.2khz. Is the Sony actually puting that out, or is the C47 upsampling it?
  10. audiobliss

Suspicious McIntosh deals on Audiogon

Have anyone noticed a few too good to be true for sale adds on Audiogon lately? Right now there is a MC 302, with free shipping, seller has no feedback. Earlier this week there was a 452 for the same low price, same free shipping, and no feedback. Last week I saw a intergrated amp for even less...
  11. audiobliss

For those with vintage Macs with barierstrips

Have you ever think if taking the little screws out completely and cleaning the threads, and that little metal plate that it looks the spade down on? Not the plate that's stuck to the screw,, the one that's stuck to the barierstrip.Well I never thought of it either, until I went to use the...
  12. audiobliss

Just a thought, would it hurt the amp in anyway

If I was to run my Rel sub from the 8 ohms taps of my 7270, simultaneously while running the main speakers from the 4 ohms taps. Right now they are both on the 8 ohms, but I will be getting Maggie's that will probably be on the 4 ohms. If that could work with no problems, it would simplify my...
  13. audiobliss

Can anyone see the upgrade on my 7270 ?

They just came in the mail.
  14. audiobliss

Mcintosh solid state amp with autoformers, driving Magnapans.

Anyone here done that , or currently doing it that can say how well they work together? Just curious how my 7270 would do. I have had Maggie's before that I liked, but just never heard any with a McIntosh amp.
  15. audiobliss

Marantz 30N, the downsizing continues.

Hi guys, I received my Marantz 30N a few days ago. It replaces a preamp, a Marantz na6006 network player and a Sony 1100es Universal player. Well I will be keeping the Sony to play DVD videos. I am very impressed with the 30n so far. I had a hard time deciding between the silver or the black...
  16. audiobliss

Outboard speaker connection box for my 7270.

I built this a few months ago and forgot to share it with you guys, so here it is. I much prefer bananas over spades, so back in November I tried some of those banana adapter on my 7270 amp. I soon found that although they worked, the little screw on part where the banana plugs in always gets...
  17. audiobliss

Heard a MC452 last night

Driving Kef Reference 1 monitors, they were both jaw dropping great. The amp is simply a gentle beast, both in size and performance. The KEFs are amazing, such good bass from such small drivers. It was at a new found friends house, he was using a C2600 pre like mine so I was particular...
  18. audiobliss

Can the newer, wider endcaps fit on the 7270 ?

Just thinking it would match up nicer with my C2600.
  19. audiobliss

Could someone tell me how to edit

The stuff below my post, that shows my equipment. I have edited my profile, but can't get that to change.
  20. audiobliss

7270 back from Audio Classics

Those guys really impress me, if all service companies were as efficient and paid attention to detail as them, wouldn’t things be great. They did everything I asked, and returned the amp looking like new, and packed like new, in another new box which they didn’t even charge me for. Looking at...
  21. audiobliss

When will I hear from Audio Classics ??

Just wondering, as this is the first time sending anything there for service. Tomorrow will be two weeks since Fedex delivered my 7270 to them for a service, and haven't heard anything. So, do they usually acknowledge that they got it ?, or when they are ready to actually start the work. I...
  22. audiobliss

Shipped of the 7270 to Audio Classics. .

Got the boxes from them and shipped it yesterday. Triple boxed, what a job to pack it, but I bet it will be worth it. Told them to change or upgrade anything nessesary, even sent them a LED kit to refresh the front panel. Packed it all myself, the hardest part as getting it in the first box...
  23. audiobliss

Tried the MC 7270 in my system

Well, after a good cleaning, I posted this beast on a few sites for sale. But, you know in the mean time I just had to try it out in my system. After all that was part of my motivation for taking on the project. So, you know the saying, " there is no substitute for power " that is so true. I...
  24. audiobliss

Cleaning up some dirty old Macs

Hi guys, I have been chosen to clean up and sell a nice old Mac system. It belonged to a old relative that can no longer enjoy it. Its so sad, when I was loading them in my truck, he didn't even understand what was happening. I will try to add some pictures of the stuff, but my main question for...
  25. audiobliss

Rolled in some Gold Lions in my C 2600

I have had it for three months, so I figured the JJs were burnt in enough and wasn't going to get any better, which was pretty nice. The Gold Lions are a clear step up however, right out of the box, without any burn in, much better detail and focus of instruments. I only did the two linestage...
Back
Top Bottom