Search results

1. punprankster

Turntable repair

Can anybody recommend a good turntable or general electronic repair shop in the New Jersey/Philadelphia area? My table is acting up a bit and from what I understand, it may be just some gunk that needs clean up. Unfortunately, I’m ham fisted and I don’t want to mess it up. TIA.
  2. punprankster

Turntable Repair Shops in New Jersey

Can anybody suggest a good turntable repair shop in New Jersey? My usual go to shop, Audiotronics in Cherry Hill is swamped and wouldn’t have the time to work on the tonearm of my Sony PS-X65. The tonearm does not always go to the start of the record when I press start although queuing the arm...
  3. punprankster

Can I post this?

This made my day. If this is not allowed, please delete. I do think that this best expresses a lot of people’s sentiments here.
  4. punprankster

Denon DL-103R + Schiit Mani

Borrowed a Schiit Mani to use with my Denon DL-103R. I plugged the Mani into the phono input of my PAS-3 and was really disappointed. Tried it on my Kenwood Model 500 and had the same experience. The sound was muddy, the bass too boomy and the highs were hardly there. Tried changing the settings...
  5. punprankster

No takers

Sad to see these go to the dump but I'm decluttering the garage and they had to go. Normally I wouldn't see anything I put out at night in the morning after but these stayed out there until the garbage truck picked them up. Sad to see them go as KLH 6s were cosmetically still really good and...
  6. punprankster

Kenwood KD-750

Any of you guys have experience with this table? How does it compare with say, a Denon DP-59L or amy Sony PS-X65?
  7. punprankster

Grills on or off

Just wondering. It has been noted countless times by various music lovers that speakers should be listened to with grills off. How many of you actually notice a difference though, when you play your music with or without them?
  8. punprankster

MC Phono preamp/SUT

I am currently playing my records on my Sony PS-X65 with a Denon DL-103R hooked up to my Luxman M-120/C-120, primarily because my Dynaco ST-70/PAS-3 does not have an MC input. I like the warm sound of the Dynaco; however, am using the Luxman at the moment and I put my Audio Technica AT-15S...
  9. punprankster

Abbey Road 50th Anniversary Vinyl

Anybody got their hands on one yet? How's the sound quality?
  10. punprankster

Dynaco PAS-3 Blend Control

Ok, I know this makes me sound clueless, but can anyone tell me what the symbols on the left (stereo) side of the blend switch means? The Operating Manual really isn't of much help.
  11. punprankster

McIntosh C26: your thoughts

This probably should be posted in the Mac forum but I figured I might get more traffic here so if this is the wrong place plesse do move it. I may be in a position to get a C26 preamp in good condition for a reasonable price. How is it in terms of performance? Any thing I need to consider...
  12. punprankster

Essentials for your listening pleasure

What do you consider essential to have in your setup for your listening experience? Aside from the usual suspects, what do you think really helps bring out the best in a system? DACs? Phono preamps? MC carts? Room treatment?
  13. punprankster

New to me Dynaco ST-70

I took possession of my friend's Dynaco set up: ST-70, PAS3, and FM-3. Would just like to ask some advise on setting this up. Should I keep the cage on or off? How far should the amp from my turntable so I don't have to worry about the veneer warping from the heat? Does it matter if the amp is...
  14. punprankster

It's the journey. Not just the destination. My system as it changed through the years.

For all the postings I've done here, I've never created a thread that charted my audio journey (thank God, right?). Here's my attempt at chronicling the changes I've made to my system, and what have stayed and fallen by the wayside in the four years since I started pursuing this hobby with a...
  15. punprankster

What to upgrade

Say you've already got decent components. You want to upgrade but your budget is limited. What wil give you a better return on your investment: an amp or a source component, like a turntable, CD player or even a DAC?
  16. punprankster

Luxman upgraditis

Having tasted the goods... I just recently completed my Luxman stack. C, M, G-120s and T-115. Loving it but also got myself a case of Luxman upgraditis. Would it be worth parting with them to get an M-02/C-02 combo? I am fine with not having a tuner and an equalizer but wondering if higher end...
  17. punprankster

Yamaha NS-690 cabinets

Has anyone refinished their NS-690 cabs? I recently had mine refinished but the results were not to my liking so I'm thinking of doing it myself. What kind of stain did you use to match the original color? Any pointers or a link to instructions on how to do it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  18. punprankster

New Large Advents in Utility Cabs

What would be a fair price for a VG+ pair of refoamed New Large Advents if sold outside Ebay? Thanks for any input.
  19. punprankster

Sony PS 8750

Would you sell your Marantz 2270 for a Sony PS 8750? Is it worth it?
  20. punprankster

Sony Tonearm Issue

My Sony PS-X65 is acting up a bit lately. The tonearm would not pick up at the end of record if I use the Start button but would return to the armrest if I use the tonearm up/down to play a record. The arm would also return if I press the Stop button. Has anybody else had this problem? Is this...
  21. punprankster

Equipment Scratch Protection

Has anyone used any product to help protect their beloved equipment from getting scratched? I like my stuff looking as pristine as possible and looking for ways for them not to get messed up.
  22. punprankster

Which Luxman Tuner

Which is the more vintage correct Luxman tuner that would match a Luxman x-120 set: T-115 or T-400? Thanks!
  23. punprankster

Help With Resiting My System

I don't know if this properly belongs to Listening Space so if it does, please move it there. I figured there's more traffic here and I may be able to get my answer sooner. I want to reposition my system across the end other end of my living room. Unfortunately, the layout of the room is not...
  24. punprankster

B&W 703

Hi all. What's a good price to sell a well cared for pair of maple B&W 703s? I still have the original boxes but I think it may be a bit damaged. Appreciate any input.
  25. punprankster

MP3TAPELESSDECK

No connection, and don 't know if this has been posted before or belongs here, but I just thought this is just really cool. http://www.mp3tapelessdeck.pl/ Good way to keep a tape deck and enjoy digital music at the same time.
Back
Top Bottom