Search results

1. ngcsstodd

i picked up 3 Altec 311-90 horns with 291-16 drivers today!

i thought we did but i must have overlooked it today! how would i get it moved? just repost it there?
  2. ngcsstodd

i picked up 3 Altec 311-90 horns with 291-16 drivers today!

ok i need some help guy's ! i picked up 3 of these Altec 311-90 horns with the 291-16 drives today. now i need some ideals on the best way to clean and restore them? I'm also thinking of using two of them to build some speakers maybe like the A-7's? I'm not sure of what crossover or woofer...
  3. ngcsstodd

New belt for my pioneer PL-41 !

in this pic i was using a SX 850 , i now have a Project One 1500 hooked up on this systems!
  4. ngcsstodd

Yamaha 800/1000s

i will check that for sure, thanks
  5. ngcsstodd

just picked up a PF-800

I just picked this PF-800 up and its supposed to play other then it's missing the needle! to start with i have a AT120E cart i would like to try on it, but there was not a overhang gauge with it. what is the best way to set it up with out the gauge? I'm having a new dust cover made for it...
  6. ngcsstodd

Yamaha 800/1000s

Okay i will have a look at that when i get in! thank you sir!
  7. ngcsstodd

Yamaha 800/1000s

Thanks is that from the end of the plug on the head shell?
  8. ngcsstodd

Yamaha 800/1000s

Okay thanks for the info!
  9. ngcsstodd

Yamaha 800/1000s

lol this is my first Yamaha table! do you know what the others set too?
  10. ngcsstodd

Hello to all the AK's out there! I just picked up an Yamaha PF-800 looking foe info on it.

I just picked this PF-800 up and its supposed to play other then it's missing the needle! to start with i have a AT120E cart i would like to try on it, but there was not a overhang gauge with it. what is the best way to set it up with out the gauge? I'm having a new dust cover made for it...
  11. ngcsstodd

Yamaha 800/1000s

thanks for you help! i was hoping there was some point i could measure from to get it right! but now i will look for a 16mm protractor !
  12. ngcsstodd

Yamaha PF-800 Arm/Cartridge Thoughts, Ideas and Recommendations

i love your work with the veneer ! i have a PF 800 i think i would like to have the would look on, i assume the black veneer needs to be removed to start with?
  13. ngcsstodd

Yamaha PF-800 / 1000 tonearm question

did you ever get an answer on this? i just bought a PF 800 so if there is something i can look at to help just let me know!
  14. ngcsstodd

Yamaha 800/1000s

I have just picked up a PF 800, when you say mount the Cart at 16MM where are you measuring it from?
  15. ngcsstodd

sorry i don't know where you can find one. i would like to see a pic of it!
  16. ngcsstodd

it h ad a M44E but i changed it to an AT120E
  17. ngcsstodd

Just got my belt in for my new PL-41 Pioneer Turntable!! Sounds great! and the speed is spot on! i order it from LP Gere!
  18. ngcsstodd

Pioneer PL-41 sound distorts from middle of LP to end.

i got it from the manual
  19. ngcsstodd

as i understand it VTF=down pressure , the tonearm wants higher VTF because it's not using Anti--skate. the AT120 dose not like that much VTF or down pressure.
  20. ngcsstodd

i'm not following you on this? if the AT120E is only good for 1.8 VTF and the tonearm wants 2 to 3 grams of VTF why would a lighter head shell help??
  21. ngcsstodd

Just picked up a Pioneer PL-41

thanks i will check that out!
  22. ngcsstodd

i checked it today and it is in good shape, and was still lubed. i added some more lube and it's very free spinning .
  23. ngcsstodd

have you found a fix for this? i just pick up a PL-41 myself and was thinking of trying my AT120E on it as well? i wasn't sure if would be a good fit for this TT because i read in the manual this arm needs 2 to 3 grams of VTF and the AT120E max is 1.8. so i would be very interested in hearing...
  24. ngcsstodd

I agree this has always been one of my favorite looking Pioneers ! I had to look hard to see if this one had ever been played! i did find a little black stuff on the motor pulley but not a scratch anywhere!
  25. ngcsstodd

I plan on checking it today, but as it is I can spin the table by hand and it is very smooth and spins along time.
Back
Top Bottom