Search results

1. CoastinHome

The Recorded LIVE Playlist

Aerosmith Paul's Mall Jazz Club March 1973 (pre-first-album WCBN FM Broadcast)
  2. CoastinHome

Packard Bell Console

Bob Carver : "When this small amplifier appeared on my doorstep one day, I found myself holding a very worn and tired vintage console amplifier, typical of units found in 50 year old console stereo systems. These consoles were built by the millions in the 1950s and 1960s, and I ordered this...
  3. CoastinHome

Packard Bell Console

I'm not familiar with the different model numbers -- but from appearances this is certainly the amplifier. The console only had the covers over the speakers -- It never had a back over the amplifier/tuner/changer underside.
  4. CoastinHome

Packard Bell Console

@stobin I notice that yours has a different sticker behind the changer. This is the one I remember. "FM Stereo Multiplex Included" implies a 1962 model (perhaps mfg late 1961) -- or newer model - as the Zenith FM Multiplex standard was adopted late in 1961.
  5. CoastinHome

Packard Bell Console

I had earlier commented: "Probably the weak link in these consoles (as far as what's practical to upgrade) is Packard-Bell's use of a high-output ceramic cartridge with flip needle. Even as a kid I wanted to replace that with a moving magnet cartridge and pre-amplifier -- and I think the AT-6...
  6. CoastinHome

Packard Bell Console

Brought back memories that our console came with a demo record marketing "Command Stereo":
  7. CoastinHome

Packard Bell Console

My formative years of music and hi-fi involved many hours sitting in front of my parents’ ~1963 Packard Bell (model RPC 205) console. With my nose to the pilot light in the middle of the console I would “Get [my] Ya-Ya’s Out” listening to Mick Taylor and the best of his backing bands (the...
  8. CoastinHome

Handmade Audio Furniture

I also like the idea of components being protected in a wood cabinet. Barzilay Furniture Manufacturing Co. was founded in the late 1940s by Ira S. Barzilay. They were best known for their production of stereo equipment cabinet kits for audiophiles and for mid-century modern wall units. They...
  9. CoastinHome

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

I think you meant Ronnie Wood. :beatnik: That was probably from the Steel Wheels Tour...
  10. CoastinHome

Sandy Denny

Always remembered her name from sharing lyrics with Robert Plant on "Battle of the Evermore" but never listened onward from there. So thanks for the inspiration to listen!!...Listening to Liege & Lief now.
  11. CoastinHome

Unknown 8'' wide range

My first impression was Jensen. Thought I'd use AI to see if I could match the image. The cones and baskets look very similar to those used by Wilder:
  12. CoastinHome

JBL D208 Cabinets?

I’m interested in the lineage of these Ampex/JBL drivers - so I tend to pay attention to postings and ads when I see them. I’ve saved a lot of pictures but haven’t had reason to look at cone numbers -- so I may revisit this posting with more info. To my knowledge: Ampex had their own version...
  13. CoastinHome

Identify this Ampex 6973 tube amp, Please. (Now new schematic !)

I’m glad that @gadjet73 weighed in here...he's your expert. While he was doing so I was reviewing RCA’s Application Note for the 7199 phase splitter. Their app notes show a direct coupled design -- but with both plate load resistors at the same B+. RCA 1958 AN-173 High-Fidelity Audio...
  14. CoastinHome

Identify this Ampex 6973 tube amp, Please. (Now new schematic !)

Hello to all! Ha!... So I'm the Ampex guru! I did get obsessed with the details for a while there... I shared by PM to @Rapide that it doesn't appear that Ampex ever gave the single-chassis stereo 6973 amplifier a model number -- and that this amplifier was introduced for the 1961 model year --...
  15. CoastinHome

Interesting Tinnitus situation

I've been actively reading through this thread because of my own experience with tinnitus. I've tanned in front of these three computer monitors for too many hours a day for several years -- with a rackmount PC about 3 feet away in a 2 o'clock position behind the right-hand monitor. I generally...
  16. CoastinHome

Not uplifting but I thought I would comment... I thought this might have been the sign near the California Men's Colony in San Luis Obispo… and decided to do a search for those keywords. I never knew much about the Men's Colony when I attended college nearby, but I do remember a sign along the...
  17. CoastinHome

Wow! A bustle with a hedgerow! :rolleyes:
  18. CoastinHome

If the STAGE II option included a shaker hood...
  19. CoastinHome

I must really be a packrat.

What NH-MAN said. Probably pretty tough to get the lighting you're looking for using LEDs while still displaying the entire tube. If you can place the tubes such that they are viewed from a limited angle (the bookends was a neat idea), then you might have some success with the internals of a...
  20. CoastinHome

We all do.. they were widely publicized at the time. Tragic... So many innocent lives Shattered. :oops: Shidoobee.
Back
Top Bottom