Search results

1. armyslowrdr

Any cool audio related Christmas gifts?

We stopped buying presents years ago and just get what we want, within reason, as we think we can afford (read: pay for up front, or possibly a 0% 6 month deal). In 2023 two major upgrades took place: out with the Mytek DAC and in with a Venus II-12th edition from Denafrips. THen got some...
  2. armyslowrdr

Your Last Concert (or two)

Tangerine Dream...last night at the Mohawk in Austin.
  3. armyslowrdr

What tickets are in your pocket? (What's the next concert you are headed to?)

Tangerine Dream next Thurs in Austin, then 3 days later a bunch of local bands at Pecan St Fest.
  4. armyslowrdr

Post Your Desk-Top System

Listening room 2 in the loft...it is still a full 2 chan set up...but my computer is with it. I do Tidal via an audioquest usb stick.
  5. armyslowrdr

Types of listening room

2. But folks probably would think I have too many colors going on. Listening room 2, under the McClock, is a 3 and is from where I type now.
  6. armyslowrdr

Pics of your listening space

I know this place. Looks good, Mark!
  7. armyslowrdr

Review to get upgraded OS for Rendu

So Small Green Computer has just offered up a free upgrade to the SonicOrbiter software for those who post up a Rendu review. I have a slightly older rendu.... been using it a handful of years or more. The ultraRendu. It is Roon ready and supports DSD512. The OS is contained on a small...
  8. armyslowrdr

Mr. Language Here, With a Favor

omgiwentfrompage1atraightto5andstillthisthreadmakesmyheadhurt.
  9. armyslowrdr

New House-New Room

GIK is to the point they just want to sell. You could suggest items to them and ask what they think and everytime the answer will be "for sure that would be an improvement".
  10. armyslowrdr

New House-New Room

Yup in my 10X12 my only problem is a dip between say 60-100 range. But really still sounds good to me, although I have been told some treatment on the ceiling might correct a lot of the dip.
  11. armyslowrdr

New House-New Room

I knew it looked a tad bigger than my 10X12. But yeah the layout of the equipment along with appropriate treatments still allow sublime sound.
  12. armyslowrdr

Old Guy8 Audio Systems

First stumbling into this thread. Cliff looks to have a mighty fine listening room/system there!
  13. armyslowrdr

Any downside to using a high power setup in a 15X15 room?

I have a 400 watt Class D in a biamp configuration with Marchand active crossover and 75 watt monoblocks. Dual Rythmik subs, and relatively inefficient Sonusfaber olympica 1s. Works a charm. Oh 10X12 foot room.
  14. armyslowrdr

How many Watts are your main amps?

75 watts for the tweeters, >200 watts for the woofers
  15. armyslowrdr

Meanest Thing You've Ever Done to Audio Gear?

One of the Creative Zen Ipod things---the one that won all the awards and 10/10 reviews. Was my first touch screen and I could not get the knack of controlling the movements. Gave up very quickly and smashed it to bits with my fist.
  16. armyslowrdr

So far, so good

Wow the forum looks TONs better.
  17. armyslowrdr

Picture from your listening spot right now!

I have a Luxman 505 Ux in my alternate listening room. It has big blue lights...lol.
  18. armyslowrdr

Picture from your listening spot right now!

From my listening chair: Today's Austin Record Store Day haul. All from Piranha Records in round Rock.
  19. armyslowrdr

Best, cost-no-object, two-channel system BUT...

I would be inclined for everything being same brand to say Luxman as well...but does Luxan do speakers? McIntosh makes pathetic streamers and CD units, and relies on outside source for turntables.. Good for amps and pres for a somewhat "reasonable" cost.
  20. armyslowrdr

How much did your system cost to put together?

I have one of those. So north of 40K then..
  21. armyslowrdr

How much did your system cost to put together?

95% confident somewhere more than 25K and less than 50K.
  22. armyslowrdr

Why the hell won’t they give us meters?

I like meters. Makes me want to ditch my MC75s for a used 300 watt, 14K pair of tubed monoblocks that does have them. That is all; pretty simple...lol.
  23. armyslowrdr

Is Audiophilia Primarily a Boomer Affliction?

The discovery of new music is so much easier with a service like roon. I am 60 and have been into hi fi since at least 15. I know of people my age when they see a picture of my gear will ask if it's a server or something...lol.
  24. armyslowrdr

Discogs isn't near a post office

At least they use that----more upsetting are those that don't make contact for 10 or more days because either they are away OR they just have no clue at all to where the record is.
  25. armyslowrdr

Capital AudioFest 2022 - its THIS WEEKEND!!!

Yes I knew I saw it mentioned before and was similar to JBL but not JBL-- JM Labs. >>>>>>>>old ones. JM Labs and Focal were sort of the same with 2 different approaches. Now (since circa 2013) it is solely Focal brand as far as I know, but technically JM Labs is part of official company name...
Back
Top Bottom