Search results

1. C

Best/Coolest Looking Tuners

To me, a beautiful tuner and completely underrated.
  2. C

Pioneer sx-535 full restoration

I suppose the before pic's would have told the story better. I had to deal with someone who had formerly been in there. Although the face of the receiver appears to be nice job there were a few dodgy soldering fix's that were done. This included a rather poor job of unwinding the power supply...
  3. C

Pioneer sx-535 full restoration

I just started this restoration project with a sx-535. Distortion would occur in the left channel after the unit achieved working temp. She's got a few issues, but hey who doesn't after 40 years, I know I do. Now it time to get busy and start with the power supply board. Roughly half the...
  4. C

JBL type 99 MSTR

Thanks for the ad, I failed to find that at heritage. Even though the labels moniker says L99 MSTR and not S99 its seems most likely that the "energized" speaker in the ad is the model I have. The only problem is one tweeter is kaputz, after some testing I opened it up to find the voice coil...
  5. C

JBL type 99 MSTR

I don't recall seeing any LE-20-1 at 16 ohm's in a 99 before, I think they were on 77's, but that could be my own ignorance. Nor do I recall the Woofer variant 14A-1. As for the solid state energizer/transducer, perhaps an amplifier was loaded into the speaker cab making them a sort of active...
  6. C

JBL type 99 MSTR

Fair enough, I'll do that this eve and post a few more pic's. The previous owner told me they were a special build, but as to the difference between that and s99's he couldn't articulate.
  7. C

JBL type 99 MSTR

I just scored these JBL's for free, however I'm having difficulty finding specs for them. I've found posts of 99's labeled as different types but not the L99 MSTR label. Does anyone know about these? Or perhaps could point me to a site that has some info on them?
  8. C

Howdy ya'll, from Milford Michigan!

Hello all! I've lurked long enough here and thought I'd sing up. Better late to the party then never. :lurk:
Back
Top Bottom