Search results

1. shelbygt

Need help troubleshooting my Sansui BA 3000 left channel

My amp has been in storage a good year or so. Now the left channel seems to have given up the ghost. I swapped the F-2507 channel boards and it didn't help. I'd sure appreciate some help with this.
  2. shelbygt

Panasonic RE-7300 Multiplex

Here’s a long shot. Picked this guy up yesterday. One speaker blown and corresponding channel is weak. Is there a snowball’s chance in hell anyone has documentation on it? I know it’s not high end and is likely on nobody’s radar. I just think it’s a neat piece.
  3. shelbygt

Looking for suggestions on AVR/two channel

I'm more of a two channel guy but I'm looking into surround options. I understand the mx119 is one of the better ones for two channel. Does anyone have any experience/suggestions?
  4. shelbygt

McIntosh MX119 Owners Manual

Is there somewhere to download the owner's manual? I was able to get the service manual from HiFi Engine. The McIntosh Compendium has a two-page brochure but no user's manual. The McIntosh website doesn't have anything. Is it possible to access and change all settings from the front panel?
  5. shelbygt

Yamaha A-760, looking for help with dead power

Howdy. Picked this up off of Evil Bay. Was supposed to be a functional unit but was DOA. I get 120v @switched outlets on back when switched on but no lights or sound. Main fuse has continuity. I’m not seeing anythingobviously blown but the board with the 4 good sized caps has some discoloration...
  6. shelbygt

Yamaha A-760, help diagnose power problem

Howdy. Picked this up off of Evil Bay. Was supposed to be a functional unit but was DOA. I get 120v @switched outlets on back when switched on but no lights or sound. Main fuse has continuity. I’m not seeing anything obviously blown but the board with the 4 good sized caps has some...
  7. shelbygt

Subwoofer suggestions for two channel?

Not sure where to post so I thought I’d pose the question to my Klipsch friends. I’d like to try a subwoofer. I’m mostly two channel so I want a sub that is musical primary that can be used for home theater. I see mixed reviews at best of Klipsch subs. I have a great deal of heritage Klipsch...
  8. shelbygt

cocktail audio n15d installation problems

I picked this up used and can’t get my laptop to recognize it. Does anyone have one?
  9. shelbygt

KG-4 impression

Just bought a pair of these. One had a blown tweeter so I replaced both with Crites aftermarket. While I was at it, I added some mass to the horns using one of the many tips out on the internet. I'll admit, I'm favorably impressed with these speakers. I have Cornwalls, LaScala's, and...
  10. shelbygt

Best caps for crossover rebuild

I'm re-capping my Sansui SP-300's. This is my first re=capping job and I'd like to do it right the first time. Values are: 2 each 24uF nonpolar 2 each 10uF nonpolar 2 each 5uF nonpolar 2 each 2uF nonpolar
  11. shelbygt

Tube tester

I'm looking for advice on buying a tube tester. I bought an EMC Model 213, years ago. I finally have a use for it but it isn't working. I don't see any way to diagnose it.
  12. shelbygt

Kenwood KA-8300 Left Channel dead, Right Channel Pops

I'm running the pre-amp out to a power amp and all is good. I'm thinking it's in the left and right power amps X07-1420-10. Suggestions if I'm way off?
  13. shelbygt

QRX-3500 nothing to the rear speakers

Things were a little scratchy on this QRX-3500 so i decided to DeoxIT. The rear speakers worked prior to the cleaning but now they don't work at all. I checked all the fuses and have good continuity. Any ideas?
  14. shelbygt

Pioneer SX-9930 Tuner Knob

This is the European Version. The USA equivalent is SX-939, I believe. I'm trying to get gain access to the pots for a good DeoxIT. I can't figure out what the heck holds the tuner knob on. I've tried metric and American allen wrenches, phillips, and flat-blade screwdrivers but can't seem to...
  15. shelbygt

FR-3080 4 Channel Questions

I’ve been gathering pieces for 4 channel and just picked up a FR-3080 4 Channel Turntable to complement a QRX-3500 4 Channel Receiver. This is my first foray into 4 channel so excuse my complete ignorance. There is only a white(left) and red(right) cable coming out so I’m trying to understand...
  16. shelbygt

Sansui FR-4060 turntable with SV-27 cartridge

I have a weakness for Sansui. Scored a FR-4060 turntable that seems to have have very little use and is in extraordinary condition. I gave her a good service but am faced with a dilemma. The original SV-27 cartridge has a bent needle. I find little information on it so I’m trying to decide if I...
  17. shelbygt

Sansui FR-4060 motor oiling tubes/wicks

I’m trying to breathe life back into an old Sansui FR-4060 fully automatic turntable. I’m taking things one step at a time. There are two tubes (that I discovered also have wicks inside of them), one to the upper and one to the lower motor bearing. One side was crimped from the factory so I...
  18. shelbygt

How do I remove insulation from tonearm wire?

I need to re-solder a wire I broke at solder joint on one of the tonearm wires. These rascals are thin. How do I remove the insulation without damaging the wire?
  19. shelbygt

Realistic STR-52B re-cap

I picked up an STR-52B. At no-low volume the right channel has noise and popping through both the speakers and headphones( which makes me think pre-amp section?). I’m guessing it needs a cap job since I’ve been pretty thorough in cleaning pots. This is my first time re-capping a receiver. It...
  20. shelbygt

Deoxit D5

Does this Deoxit have a lubricant/protectant in it too? That was my understanding but I’ve recently been told otherwise. Is there another that cleans and protects?
  21. shelbygt

Waveform generator recommendations

Looking for suggestions for a simple waveform generator to work on pre-amps, amps, turntables, etc. The options are endless. I just want something that will do the job for my needs. Suggestions?
  22. shelbygt

8080DB left channel issue

Not getting life out of left channel, regardless of input. Used WD 40 contact cleaner on volume and balance pot while I wait to get Deoxit. Helped scratchiness but Didn’t help issue. I swapped the preamp out from left to right. When I do that, the left side works, telling me the power amp is ok...
  23. shelbygt

Pioneer PL-50A tonearm rebuild/replace

Bought a cosmetically nice PL-50A off of evilBay. It seems to have seen little use but I’m assuming someone had the tonearm apart because it’s really sloppy. It’s almost like it’s missing bearings. Are bearings available and is this something that can be done reasonably or do I need special...
  24. shelbygt

Shure 3X ohm check

I’ve never measured continuity on a cartridge before but I wanted to do a quick test before ordering a needle. I’m measuring approximately 1.5k ohms on each channel. They’re both measure about the same so I’m assuming it’s ok. It appears to be the same as a Shure M97XE.
Back
Top Bottom