Search results

1. jimhannon

Pioneer sx-850

I Interesting, hifiengine.com says 8ohm. That is not the manual... that is the description on the informative page...
  2. jimhannon

Pioneer sx-850

A friend has a pair of OHM L speakers that are 4 ohms. Can a sx-850 drive them? I believe that they can with not much of a problem but the sx-850 is only rated for 8 ohm. Thanks
  3. jimhannon

AU-999 Bridge Rectifier

Thank you for the tip....
  4. jimhannon

AU-999 Bridge Rectifier

Thank you very much! I'm just waiting for the rectifier to be delivered and then I will dive in... I do plan on testing the old one after I take it out. I really hope this will get it powered up. I've had this on a shelf for a couple of years, thinking I was going to find a tech to look it...
  5. jimhannon

AU-999 Bridge Rectifier

Thanks for your pics and help... Question regarding the 2 purple wires... Does it matter which purple wire goes on which post, other than of course the neg or pos?
  6. jimhannon

AU-999 Bridge Rectifier

You are correct, I tested it while connected to the chassis and with the wires still attached. I will be disconnecting it soon and retest. I did order the $5 part as well.
  7. jimhannon

AU-999 Bridge Rectifier

Thanks to all for your help. I ordered the one recommended by playittwice. Thanks again
  8. jimhannon

AU-999 Bridge Rectifier

Yeah, I'm finding that out. Thanks
  9. jimhannon

AU-999 Bridge Rectifier

So you drilled a new hole for the replacement?
  10. jimhannon

AU-999 Bridge Rectifier

Thank you... but my rectifier looks like this. The one that was recommende by Playittwice is a totally different shape
  11. jimhannon

AU-999 Bridge Rectifier

The bridge rectifier that is in my 999 is a 5b2 2h. Where can I find a replacement? Thanks
  12. jimhannon

AU-999 Bridge Rectifier

Ok, I tested the rectifier while still attached and it appears that it is indeed bad. I want to order a new replacement but I'm not sure what to look for and where to find it. Can you help me with that? Sorry, if I'm a pain....
  13. jimhannon

AU-999 Bridge Rectifier

The main fuse. Can I test the rectifier without removing it?
  14. jimhannon

AU-999 Bridge Rectifier

Thanks, I'll take a pic of which wires attach to which pins and then desolder and remove to test. I just found a video of how to test. I just wasn't sure if I had to remove the Rectifier or not. I'm hoping that this is the problem for the fuse blowing.
  15. jimhannon

AU-999 Bridge Rectifier

Hello, I have an AU-999 that blows the main fuse when powered on. I have read many threads here about this problem but I want to test the Bridge Rectifier and I can't find the correct procedure for testing it. I am a rookie with using a multimeter but am wanting to try to test the Rectifier on...
  16. jimhannon

CR-2020 Potentiometer Access

Hello, I recently aquired a CR-2020 that is in need of a good cleaning. I have cleaned and taken apart many different receivers but never a Yamaha. What is the secret to accessing the Tone Control and Loudness Pots? I've got the top, bottom and face-plate off but the pots are hiding!!! Can...
  17. jimhannon

Pairing a Sansui 9090 with Paradigm Series 60? Or new speakers?

My Sansui 9090 sounds great hooked to my JBL L96's and also my Paradigm Monitor 9's. I love my Sansui's!
  18. jimhannon

Unknown Speakers

Is there a way to know what model they are?
  19. jimhannon

Unknown Speakers

I don't know about the square EV drivers. Here is a couple of pictures of them.
  20. jimhannon

Unknown Speakers

Can anyone identify what I have here? I just bought these and 2 Altec Lansing 803b's with EV 1824M's and EV T35a's. I can't find any stamp or sticker that has the manufacturers name on it. All I could see is what is stamped on the frame and the stamp on the cone. The surrounds are foam and...
  21. jimhannon

Marantz 4430 repair, very rare machine!

Yes, the Faceplate! I took a look at it and couldn't believe it either. However for $80 I went for it. Everything else is perfect. I'll also be looking for a nice cabinet. Sorry to hear about the deaths of the former members...
  22. jimhannon

Marantz 4430 repair, very rare machine!

I know this thread is ancient but do you remember where you got the faceplate for your 4430? I recently acquired a 4430 and a previous owner etched his driver's license number right above the Marantz name. Unbelievable... I'm looking for another faceplate.
  23. jimhannon

SX-780 Protection Relay

Hi avionic, I saw your avatar and the retired Air Force. My brother in law was a RIO in navy f-14's. He flew in the Sundowners squadron. They are now decommissioned. He was also the last Navy Commanding Officer at Miramar Naval Air Station. I had a lot of great times at the Miramar Air Show...
  24. jimhannon

SX-780 Protection Relay

Thanks for the suggestion. I already reflowed the weak solder joints that you are talking about. The receiver wasn't working, other than powering up and lights. I read about the notorious joints that weaken from the heat and after reflowing , sure enough there was music! That's when I...
  25. jimhannon

SX-780 Protection Relay

Well yes they are... but I usually only sell locally. I don't like packing and shipping, you know. My Sansui 9090db and the Pioneer sx-850 are not for sale but the others are.
Back
Top Bottom