Search results

1. Jet Noise

Now in the ADS 910 club

Thanks Glenn. The HK 3490 has the most power of anything I have right now (120 wpc). I’m going to work with what I have for the time being and then work into other options. I will post pictures very soon! Steve
  2. Jet Noise

Now in the ADS 910 club

Thank you everyone! I’m really excited about them. They are truly amazing to listen to and I get the chills every time. I have a Technics SL-5 turntable and a Marantz CD player (something 6000 model....yeah, I suck). The Yamaha RX-395 sounds very good but I have others to try as well. Marantz...
  3. Jet Noise

Now in the ADS 910 club

Okay, I’m waiting for traffic to subside so here goes. Two weeks ago from Sunday I was driving, delivering doses to hospitals around Northern Cal (I work for a nuclear pharmacy). I was about a quarter mile from my 3rd stop when I observed a yard sale being set up and it’s about 0630. I see...
  4. Jet Noise

Now in the ADS 910 club

Ha! No, far from Dallas!
  5. Jet Noise

Now in the ADS 910 club

Hi all. I don’t post much on here but I do use this site for research for audio equipment I’m looking to buy or not to buy. Two weeks ago I had an opportunity to buy a pair of these ADS 910s. They have the stands, badges, grill cloth is in very good shape and amazing sound. When I have a little...
  6. Jet Noise

Mystery Speakers

Thanks woofercooker. Before I come to any final judgement with these I will definitely be delving into the guts of these beasts to see what is what. Hopefully this weekend will afford me some time to work on them. Doing some home improvements with the better half sooo....
  7. Jet Noise

Mystery Speakers

Thank you everyone for your input. After seeing a lot of images of MCS speakers I would agree that they are MCS though they may have been rebranded. They don't sound bad for what they are. Highs and lows aren't bad but mid-range is on the weak side. I haven't had the time to pull drivers to look...
  8. Jet Noise

Mystery Speakers

Recently I picked up a pair of 3-way speakers for $10. Short version, I usually check online to see any reviews before I buy but I could not find anything on these. I bought them anyway based on price, condition, and features. Yeah, that doesn't mean much but I think the deciding factor was they...
  9. Jet Noise

Let's hear from the new people

Less than two years on here but I am 61. I have always loved good sound but really never got into this hobby until a couple of years ago. Now my girlfriend thinks I'm crazy with all the stuff I have and its always changing. It's all low budget stuff really but I make it work, it makes me happy...
  10. Jet Noise

Marantz 2220B find

Long time since I posted, but here is the latest set up. The Marantz is going strong; it cleaned up well and haven't had a single problem with it. Hooked up to it is a Sony DVP-NC875V CD/DVD player, a Sony 5520 (needs a new cartridge and I have a Technics SL-5 turntable which powers on but has...
  11. Jet Noise

Marantz 2220B find

@@iwilson and PeerlessK... When the time is right I will recap but I am going to use Deoxit on it and install new lamps since all are burned out. I hooked it up to its intended speakers last night though and it was a beautiful thing! I love it. I had a 2220 that I had originally bought used...
  12. Jet Noise

Marantz 2220B find

Thanks Conrad. Before I start anything I research the hell out of it and do practice runs on items too far gone or junk. I've done this on other projects where I've had no previous knowledge of. And I will be contacting these gentlemen I can assure you! :)
  13. Jet Noise

Marantz 2220B find

@jberger and Mr. Soundman --- Thanks for that. I'd seen concerns and complaints about the LED bulbs being too bright but I wanted to use them instead of standard bulbs because of their longevity and this makes a lot of sense.
  14. Jet Noise

Marantz 2220B find

Thanks Mr. Soundman! It'll be a bit before I get to do this. I have other things to attend to before I have fun with this project but that's why I'm throwing this out here now so I have a basic understanding of what I'm supposed to do and people I can confer with to help me. Thanks again!
  15. Jet Noise

Marantz 2220B find

Thanks Bunty2! I've had more welding experience than soldering but I can do it; I will have to do my research with you folks about that when I'm ready but I'm game to do so. It definitely needs lamps, too. I played it for hours today and it did well! Very pleased. Tomorrow I'll connect it where...
  16. Jet Noise

Marantz 2220B find

Thanks rBuckner! I have those speakers set up on a Technics SA-GX550 the same way and I only run one pair at a time. I wanted to be sure that I could do the same on the Marantz. For the past few years I worked at Mather Airport (formerly Mather Air Force Base) we used to get a lot T-38s from...
  17. Jet Noise

Marantz 2220B find

A month ago my daughter was in a thrift store in town and sent me a text that there was a 2220B receiver there for $40. Left side was dead and needed dial lamps. I drove there to meet her and check it out. It was dirty but from what I could see there were no scratches or dents. I felt lucky and...
  18. Jet Noise

A Scott receiver question

To all, thank you and point taken on how I ask a question regarding items being sold on public sites. I think I need to observe more than jump for the first things to capture my eye. But that's learning for you!
  19. Jet Noise

Thank you both. There didn't seem to be much interest in it so I wondered. I will write the seller and also check out amps as well.
  20. Jet Noise

To start, I'm a newbie here and this is my first question for advice. I am looking at a Scott Stereomaster LA-88 on ebay for $149.00. However I can find little info on it. Not even sure if its tube or solid state. I'm guessing tube by the way the rear construction appears. If it is it will be...
  21. Jet Noise

Hi from Sacramento CA

Over the past year or two I have been working on upgrading my living room system and building others in different rooms. I don't really know diddly about what I am doing but do research the items before I buy and I have a good ear. I have used this forum as a source of information. I think its...
Back
Top Bottom