Search results

1. K

Asking for suggestions which speakers with Yamaha CA-610 :-)

Thank you guys for your help and suggestions. I'll look into what I can get here. Those Polks got my attention as they are proven to work well with the CA 610...the rest sounds great as well. I guess I will have some homework to do now :-) Have fun and greetings from Brussels :-)
  2. K

Asking for suggestions which speakers with Yamaha CA-610 :-)

Hi everyone :-) I have a question (..don't want to start a flame, however...): Which speakers would you recommend that would go nicely with a vintage Yamaha CA-610 amplifier? Currently I have JBL LX 44 - but I must say that the titanium tweeters get too high-pitched for me recently. So I'm...
  3. K

Tone Controls?

They are there to be used.... The music should please you, that's the first rule I would say. What's the point if it's "purist" or whatever if you don't like it?!
  4. K

Just how into it are you?

Not that much. Have nice vintage gear that I like for the looks and sound but not obsessed about it. Prefer to listen to music and not obsessing about how clinically ckear it sounds.
  5. K

Sound of vintage vs modern speakers (is it "agitated" vs "natural"?)

Uhmmmm, West Coast.....of Europe :-) My JBL were made in Denmark (AFAIK), bought in Belgium..... :-)
  6. K

Sure I don't trust the guy...he would be happy if I buy 1 000 + EUR speakers, for sure :-) I may be buying spekers in the (near) future for my Yamaha CA-610, so this intrigued me a bit. Also I heard something like "...Yamaha and JBL LX44....well, no surprise it sounds sharp..." from some other...
  7. K

I didn't listen to any speakers there - buying them is not imminent - that was just a theorethical discussion with the guy...and this statement just caught my interest... :-)
  8. K

Hi all! I would like to know your opinion/experience/comments/whatever on the following issue concerning the sound of vintage vs modern speakers... When I was talking to a guy in the high-end Hi-Fi shop, he told me that the vintage speakers from the 70's have an "...agitaded, nervous sound...
  9. K

Cleaning solutions for silver plastic turnable

Thanks for all the tips. Finally - not having WD-40 at hand - I tried with car dashboard wet wipes. Did the trick, at least for the dirt. Satisfied now in any case, much better :-)
  10. K

Thanks for you tips, guys. Wouldn't think of using WD-40 for this purpose but apparently it works, checked online after you mentioned it. Will visit local DIY (they have it) and will see how it goes :-) Thanks again :-)
  11. K

Hi guys, I read it here quite often but post very rarely, though... That said, I would ask for help now. I have several Philips and JVC turntables from late 70' - early 80's. Silver plastic finish - but lost it brilliance. Any ideas with what to clean them so they are silver shiny again? As I...
  12. K

Who hurts you the most?

Bono Vox from U2. I found it really unlistenable. Plus the music is getting on my nerves.... And any guy singing in high-pitched voice. Mika comes to mind for example. Plus I don't find it manish :thumbsdown:
  13. K

One of The Ways We Gots It Better Than Those Folks in the 70/80's-Music Collection Size

Hm, yes and no. I remember having a few LP which I had recorded on cassettes, and other ca 100 cassettes. And the radio and TV of course at the time. I have the feeling that having less music helped being actually more focused/concentrated on the music, and enjoying it more as well. It was...
  14. K

Vinyl only spin list

M|A|R|R|S - Pump up the volume (1987) --- Finding it made my day :-) OMD - Architecture and morality (1981) Duran Duran - Seven and the ragged tiger (1983) Boston - Third stage (1986)
  15. K

KENWOOD KA-660D + SONY CDP-195 - Worth anything sonically?

Thanks, Mark, will try for sure :-) Have to find some speakers now. Just asked as I saw some (quite a few, really) quire discouraging reviews of these two.... We'll see :-)))
  16. K

KENWOOD KA-660D + SONY CDP-195 - Worth anything sonically?

Hi guys, hope this is the right place... Just got for free an amplifier KENWOOD KA-660D and an CD-player SONY CDP-195. The question is - is is worth something sonically or is it just a piece of junk? I have the idea of using it as a secondary audio system. Thanks in advance... Any opinions...
  17. K

Vinyl only spin list

Kenny Rogers - What about me? Meat Loaf - Bat out of hell Duran Duran - Rio Love Unlimited Orchestra - Best of Elvis Presley - Best of Johnny Cash and June Carter
Back
Top Bottom