Search results

1. D

Could I have damged my stylus?

It's not a vacuum wand. It's mounted to the machine and you spin the platter. www.squeakycleanvinyl.com (I have the latest MK III model). The guy who made the machine gave me some tips when I got it to reduce static and limiting spins to one revolution was one of them. I was getting a ton of...
  2. D

I do one slow revolution because I started doing multiple revolutions each direction and was getting a ton of static. So one slow revolution helped reduce that. I'm also using an cork mat and use an anti-static brush prior to each play. I only do the RCM before the first play.
  3. D

I appreciate the input. I'm not familiar with the term azimuth so pardon my ignorance. The photo does seem different than it appears in person. I think it's the angle I took the photo. I can snap a picture of the cart on a record if that would be useful.
  4. D

It doesn't seem like anything is bent. Of course, I'm a novice at this sort of thing. As I was reading around online, I saw some things that said popping is common in Grado's because of the way they are designed? Couldn't find anyone offering specifics on that. Has anyone else heard this before?
  5. D

[/URL][/IMG]
  6. D

Yes, but I'll have to do it when I get home tonight.
  7. D

But should I be worried about my stylus? I suppose my real questions is if excessive popping is a symptom of a damaged stylus.
  8. D

Ok, I'll give less ISO a try. I usually clean new ones to clean off packing debris and dust.
  9. D

I don't know? Should it not be in the same room as my turntable? I usually just clean records the first time I put them on my TT. Here's my ritual. I use the Squeaky Clean RCM 1. Apply record solution from suqeeze bottle (condiment style). Solution is 25% ISO and 75% distilled water with a...
  10. D

The other day I was turning on my vacuum RCM and I pumped the tone arm on my U-turn Orbit and knocked it off onto my cork mat. Every since then, my records have seemed to have more pops than usual (They've all been newer records so I don't have a frame of reference of if they were noisy...
  11. D

Homemade record cleaning solution question

The only dish soap I have is Dawn and it lists sulfates. For one or two drop does it really make that much difference? Especially if it's going to be vacuumed off and rinsed with distilled water afterwards?
  12. D

It says Active Ingredients: Isopropyl Alcohol. Inactive Ingredients Purified Water. So I should just do 10% of the alcohol, 90% distilled water and a couple drops of dish soap?
  13. D

I'm taking my first try and making some homemade record cleaning solution for use with a Squeak Clean RCM that's on the way. The website suggests 1 part Isopropyl Alcohol 3 parts distilled water and a drop of dish soap. I see a lot of recipes for homemade cleaner call for Isopropyl Alcohol...
  14. D

The Official U-Turn Orbit Owners Thread

I'll be interested to hear some impressions of the built in pre-amp.
  15. D

Used a Spin Clean, record sound worse no matter what

I went through this exact same Spin Clean problem a couple months ago and here are some things that I did to eliminate the problem. 1. Make sure that you wash the brushes with a toothbrush soap and warm water after every use. The brushes apparently have some debris on them from packaging...
  16. D

Worst sounding album you own

I wish mine did. I love that album. The one I have now is just the least noisy copy I've found.
  17. D

Worst sounding album you own

Bon Iver - both S/T and For Emma Forever Ago. Both are very noisly. Lots of popping. I've tried a couple copies of each album with the same results.
  18. D

U-Turn Orbit or Pro-Ject Elemental

I thought there was some Reddit Q&A with some of the U-Turn people and they said that the units reviewed by Wirecutter were the early ones that had the speed problems that they corrected.
  19. D

U-Turn Orbit or Pro-Ject Elemental

Satisfied Orbit owner here. I say go for that. Pay no mind to the Wirecutter review. Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
  20. D

record bags/outer sleeves

Another vote for Sleeve City Ultimate 2.5.
  21. D

Amazon has the AT-LP120-USB on sale...

You may be talking about the infamous Wirecutter review. They had speed issues but U-Turn updated the bearings and belt. I haven't seen any issues since then.
  22. D

Did anyone else catch on their Twitter that it looks like they working on a built in pre-amp? https://twitter.com/uturnaudio
  23. D

I got a Spin-Clean

I've learned to dry the record immediately after I take it out of the Spin Clean. Letting any of it air dry caused a lot of surface noise for me. I take the record out, let it drip back into the tank and immediately dry it with the Spin Clean cloths. Then I let it sit in a drying rack for...
  24. D

Which cartridge did you choose?
  25. D

NEWSFLASH: U-Turn Audio 'Pluto' Preamp

I've seen them address the not being able to turn it off by saying it using very little power consumption. I'm just wondering if it would be better than the built in pre-amp on my cheap Onkyo TX-8020. Or if I wouldn't even notice a difference.
Back
Top Bottom