Search results

1. S

Strange sound - Sansui AU317

Thanks a lot. Are these transistors/diodes still possible to obtain? Regards /Stian
  2. S

Thanks guys, I'll try being quick next time it happens :) Could it be a problem in the phono-stage? I don't remember whether it only appears on phono or all. Will check it out tonight. Regards/ Stian
  3. S

Hello I have a recapped Sansui AU317, and it sounds really good. When not in use (but powered on), it suddenly "pops" and a high pitched sound appears decreasing down to a lower tone (I can hear the pulse (40-50hz maybe)), then disappearing. It takes 2-3 secinds. It works well before and after...
  4. S

Michell Gyrodec speed issue

Hello. I have a Michell Gyrodec with speed issues. It's a AC motor and Gyropower power unit setup. Bearing is fine with oil and the belts are brand new. It takes 3 to 5 minutes to reach speed, and even more to maintain constant speed. There are sudden dips in speed and it's really frustrating...
  5. S

Gyrodec help

Hello! I have a AC Papst/Gyropower controlled Michell Gyrodec. When turned on it uses up to 4-5 minutes to achieve the correct speed - then on steady. I have checked bearing, oiled motor/bearing, belts are ok etc. It really seems to be a power issue, but the AC output is steady from the moment I...
  6. S

Sansui AU 317/555 internal wiring

Thanks a lot! What kind of wire did you use? Is it necessary with silver wire? BTW: the plan is of course to do this reversible. Stian S
  7. S

Sansui AU 317/555 internal wiring

Hello I am about to replace speaker terminals on my AU317 with goldplated quality binding posts, and later on my 555. At the same time, I guess it's important to do something with the internal wiring as well. I will probably bypass the speaker selector switch to leave out one more bad link. I...
  8. S

Sansui AU317 phono overload?

Thanks alot! I guess I'll have to do some more testing I too think that it is a strange stepup-range in that unit. It has great reputation though! And Tim de Paravicini is no rookie in the field. As I stated, it may also be that my calculations aren't correct. Can someone tell me how to...
  9. S

Sansui AU317 phono overload?

Hello I am trying to figure out the best setup for my newly acuired Michell Gyrodec with a Benz Micro Reference (first edition - serviced/retipped) MC cartridge on a Linn Ittok arm. It is hooked up with a Tim de Paravicini "The Head" stepup transformer on a Sansui AU-317 MM phonoinput. Benz...
  10. S

Thanks, I have not tried vinyl engine yet. I trust the competence in here . I'll check it out anyways. Have sent an email to Michell, but have not yet heard from them. S
  11. S

Hi I have just purchased a Michell Gyrodec with QC Gyropower PSU (AC-system) and with a speed problem. I have checked and adjusted the output voltage to 19 an 21 Volts (33/45 rpm) according to instructions, but the motor still fluctuates a lot. BTW, it's not a platter/belt problem. The Papst...
  12. S

Sansui AU555 cutout

Hello again and thank you very much for all help. I started all over and all values are now good. The amp is up and running! Most earlier problems are gone, but it is still a hiss present. I guess it is a transistor problem and I will follow other leads here on that issue. My newly recapped...
  13. S

Sansui AU555 cutout

Thanks. I measured across the R837/838 resistors yesterday and i believe it read about 300 (not sure where to put the decimal though...i'll check over the 839/840 tonight). I guess I have a long checklist here and will post an update later. Thanks again!
  14. S

Sansui AU555 cutout

YES! That was exactly what I hoped for. Do I measure the voltage over the resistor or between one of its legs and to ground? Thanks a lot!
  15. S

Sansui AU555 cutout

16. S

Sansui AU555 cutout

Haha, yes I guess I am a little bit confused :) I have some basic electronic skills, but they may be a bit rusty, so concider me a novice - and thank you for your patience So... - The VR803/804 used for adjusting voltage is correct - check - The VR901 used for adjusting protection circuit...
  17. S

Sansui AU555 cutout

Thanks, but I have set the current all ready. I now need to know if there is any other way to set bias correctly (at least roughly) without a scope. S
  18. S

Sansui AU555 cutout

Seems to be the VR901 that was the root of my main problem. Adjusted a tiny bit clockwise and the amp stopped cutting! Thanks! Now...for the bias, I have no scope available and it is way too many years since I used one as well. I read another thread that bias was possible to set on a AU555a (my...
  19. S

Sansui AU555 cutout

BTW - Do you know the voltage setting on VR901?
  20. S

Sansui AU555 cutout

Great! Thanks alot, I'll look into it later today.
  21. S

Sansui AU555 cutout

Hello again. It may be, but I find it peculiar that this only happens on high volume. It seems to me that something is overloading and then shuts down. It's not coming back (some distant sound on max volume) until the amp is restarted AND is shut down long enough until all cpacitor voltage is...
  22. S

Sansui AU555 cutout

Hmm, doesn't seem to fix the problem. Is there a safety circuit on this one? S
  23. S

Sansui AU555 cutout

Bugger!! - I am afraid i was too quick on conclusions. The missing channel is back, but when turning up volume, both channels cuts after some minutes. Voltage readings over output transistors goes down to 0V on both outer and up from 52-ish to 56V on the two middle ones - and no sound. I don't...
  24. S

Sansui AU555 cutout

Thanks a lot for your quick answer. I traced voltages and found the simplest of sollutions right away. One of the fuse terminals was not thight enough (!). Voltages on output transistors read approx. 26V on the outter two and double on the middle two. Lets hope this was all :) Regards...
  25. S

Sansui AU555 cutout

Hello all, first question here... I have just recently done a recap on my Sansui AU555 (Elna Silmic II/Mundorf AG) due to problems occuring earlier with one or both channels suddenly cutting. I assumed it was leaking or malfunctioning caps and changed all electrolytics, but the problem is...
Back
Top Bottom