Search results

1. Freddie73

Fisher knobs

Well it happened again. I purchased a Fisher FM 100b that had no output. After recapping the mpx and replacing the death cap and replacing bad tubes it is playing. Can cap seems fine. I am waiting on my order from mouser to continue. Thanks Dave for the great thread on yours, I am following your...
  2. Freddie73

Fisher 800B Dial Glass

Well despite warnings from people with more experience I cleaned my dial glass more aggressively than I should have. It had tobacco stains and I was able to safely remove them with very little dawn dishwashing soap. All was good and I rinsed with cold water. I placed on a towel letter side down...
  3. Freddie73

New 800B

I decided to add to the collection and bought a good cosmetically 800b. Problems so far power switch/ volume control just spins ( I have not plugged it in ) multi turn without any clicking. Appears all can caps have been bypassed underneath. Original selenium rectifier still in place. The unit...
  4. Freddie73

Wharfedale W60e upgade

My Wharfedale W60E’s are bone stock except new (5 years ago) Mundorf “ELECTROLYTIC “ capacitors ,not film , 2x 3.9uf and 1 12uf. I refinished the cabinets. Any further upgrades or changes anyone have good results with. Would changing to metal film capacitors or tweeter change lead to...
  5. Freddie73

I don’t know what I did. Volume independent hum.

I just put in K40-Y9 coupling capacitors last week in my 800c. All playing great. The chassis had some corrosion on it so I used naval jelly to remove it. Took cover off the bottom to keep spray paint from going thru vent holes where corrosion was packed tissue paper. Taped off unit. Sprayed...
  6. Freddie73

K40-y9 directional installation?

Are k40-y9’s directional on installation. I know they have an arrow. My previous installation I just looked at photos of how others installed. Just trying to get it right.
  7. Freddie73

How to touch up small corrosion spots

I have three small (6mm) corrosion spots on the top of my Fisher 800c chassis. Any recommendations on cleaning and touching up. Maybe high heat aluminum/silver paint after cleaning corrosion?
  8. Freddie73

Wharfedale w60e tweeters

Excellent/Mint W60E’s, all original drivers. Recapped 3 years ago with new Mundorf E-caps. L-pads and everything works. My complaint is tweeters a little dull compared to Polk monitor 5jr’s and Rti a7. My brother says slightly rolled off compared to his Polk monitor 10’s. I do not want to cut...
  9. Freddie73

Harman Kardon PM660 trimmer potentiometers

I’ve decided to try to repair my HK PM660. Left channel has 2 dead output transistors, replacements bought. Before the channel went out I couldn’t adjust the DC output and it fried the tweeter in my speaker. I want to replace the factory trimmer pots and don’t know what to get . I know side...
  10. Freddie73

Hickok 800

All filament voltage’s correct when line test adjustment correct. Bias and English dials working. Tubes in the tester are good. But my plate voltage is only 129 instead of 150.
  11. Freddie73

Hickok 800 tube tester

Well, I finally bought a Hickok 800 Tube Tester. Replaced the 50uf and .5 uf capacitors. Meter works good . All resisters look good. No smoke , overheating etc. Only problem is everything tests low. Tubes that play well like 12ax7’s test about 400 umos low. I am able to match tubes and put my...
  12. Freddie73

EroFol II Capacitors

Well having OCD I couldn’t leave well enough alone. I restored my Fisher 400 receiver and x-100b amplifier pulling out original EroFol II capacitors all of which tested good and played great before removal and replacement in both units with K40-y9’s. Which sound great. But…….My Fisher 800c...
  13. Freddie73

Pigtails and splicing

I always try to get all the remnants of old capacitors when replacing. I’m able to 99% of the time taking my time and being careful. It just looks better. But, I’m replacing capacitors in my FM200B, there are a few that appear to be very difficult to reach and I don’t want to cause any damage...
  14. Freddie73

X-100-b dropping Right channel.

My new project x-100b playing well. But, whether it’s my tuner, streamer, or CD player connected to the tuner imput after playing, could be 3 minutes to 15 minutes the right channel just stops playing. I know I’m not supposed to do this but if I turn off them immediately turn the x-100b on it...
  15. Freddie73

Fisher x-100b cathode resistor

I have already installed the diode heater string with the 10 ohm 1 watt resistor. Can I still go back and install the 10 ohm 1/4 watt resistors from pin 3 to daisy chain wire for each power tube to get individual tube current draw? I understand I disconnect both wires attached to pin 3 ( one...
  16. Freddie73

X-100-b popping sound?

My new purchase x-100-b I have no clue how long it’s been sitting.I have just gotten started and replaced the death capacitor and 2 diodes. Replaced the 100uf 100volt capacitor with a new 100uf 150volt capacitor and installed the diode string with 10ohm resistor to ground in place of the big...
  17. Freddie73

K40y-9

Well I bought another x-100b and it didn’t come with ero-foils. I have a quad of K40y-9 0.047uf 630v. They fit in my 400 receiver and I love the sound. I have more clear shrink wrap for them, I just don’t know if they will fit. Does anyone have photos how you used them in the tight space of the...
  18. Freddie73

Original Fisher Cabinet Particle Board

I am refinishing an original Fisher cabinet, small one for integrated amplifier/tuner. It has the particle board bottom section. Any recommendations of sealer/ finish to stabilize/strengthen the particle board. Thanks. I’ll post photos after I’m finished. It has some broken off pieces I’ve glued...
  19. Freddie73

RCA plug ins too fat

I’m slowly feeding my Fisher addiction. I’ve got my FM-200B and X-100-B playing and I have a Problem adding equipment. My interconnect cables RCA plug ins are too large to connect Tuner-Auxiliary at the same time. I guess I need skinny RCA cables or I could grind on my monster cables with a...
  20. Freddie73

CL-70 Thermistor

I am restoring my x-100-b. Thought I had a CL-80 or 90 thermistor but it’s a CL-70. Is this OK?
  21. Freddie73

Correct diodes

What amp/voltage and part number silicon diodes do I need for my new (to me) x-100-b?
  22. Freddie73

New Production Tubes: For MPX-65

Does anyone have good experience and recommendations for new production 12ax7’s in the MPX section of Fisher 400/500c/800c? Or if you’ve tried new and just had better luck with vintage tubes I would love to hear experiences and recommendations.
  23. Freddie73

Fisher x-100b

Well I did it again. I just purchased (off that web site) a decent Fisher x-100b to go with my FM-200b. I’m listening to it now thru my blu tooth adapter. Great sound thru the tuner imput auxiliary imput and the tape play input. But when playing thru the tape head or phono inputs the static...
  24. Freddie73

Fisher FM-200B restoration Capacitor brand

My new to me FM-200B appears to be all original. I have read where many replace all the Mylar caps. My question is which recommended brands? Selenium rectifier I will replace with I think is 3A 400volt silicone. Can you go a little higher or is it overkill? All electrolytics will be replaced. It...
  25. Freddie73

Fisher FM-200B “Help!”

I just received today a Fisher FM-200B. Good restorable condition. Will clean up well. Supposed to be “Working as it Should.” I’ve got it connected to an integrated amp. All functions appear to work. The signal strength meter absolutely doesn’t move. I changed out 4 of the 6au6’s with no change...
Back
Top Bottom