Search results

1. hello9821

2011 Secret Santa delivers -- The Official "What'd'ya get?" thread

Two-year subscription! Thanks, Santa!
  2. hello9821

What's your nicest unused gear?

Dahlquist DQ-10/matching woofer, Infinity rsIIIb and rsII, Pioneer xx-9500 stack, two Akai GXD-635Ds... the list goes on.
  3. hello9821

Fun audio nut game...

Carver.
  4. hello9821

Another Super High End Phono Stage! No expense spared...

I'd like to purchase a board, if possible.
  5. hello9821

Sony PS-2251 Tonearm Issues

Hey everybody. I finally got around to getting a new cartridge ( Grado Red 1) put on this table. The tonearm was secured in place with a twisty tie by the tech that installed/aligned the cartridge for the ride home. The table was fully functional before I got home and set it up... To find that...
  6. hello9821

Cartridge Advice, Please! (Black Pearl vs Pearl)

I was thinking of going with the Grado Blue for $110. Is this a decent option in that price range?
  7. hello9821

It's time for SECRET SANTA 2011! OFFICIAL SIGN-UP THREAD HERE

Is it too late to join in? If not, then I'm in!
  8. hello9821

can you name this JBL?

I dub thee... Frederick.
  9. hello9821

new from southern california

Greetings from another SoCal AK member. I know how you feel. I am 21, and listen to very little of the modern music that my peers enjoy, partly because most of it is mastered in a way that results in complete and utter shit for sound quality.
  10. hello9821

Cartridge Advice, Please! (Black Pearl vs Pearl)

Hi everyone. It's about time I replace my ailing Ortofon 15 Super in my Sony PS-2251, and I would like to pick up a cartridge around $100-$150. The Sumiko Black Pearl and Pearl went to the top of my list because there's a local store that carries Sumiko, and I would like instant gratification...
  11. hello9821

Every Day Carry

Marathon Navigator quartz watch Ray-Ban polarized aviators iPhone 4S in Hex wallet case with photo ID, Amex, and company credit card <$20 cash some sort of lip balm a set of car keys
  12. hello9821

Simplified System

It's a nifty turntable. One of my father's friends was nice enough to pass it my way when he heard I was getting into vintage audio equipment. I have the original Ortofon OM15E Super mounted, but it doesn't sound right, so I am planning on picking up a Sumiko Pearl or Black Pearl at a local...
  13. hello9821

Simplified System

Thanks, everyone! Yeah, I am really glad I got the stands with them... if I didn't I'd probably get some Herman Miller Eames side tables to use as stands.
  14. hello9821

Falcon Acoustics LS3/5A build

I think I am going to order a pair of these kits. One question: do you have to use veneer, or would it be possible to stain the cabinet as-is? I apologize if that's a dumb question; I have never build speaker enclosures before.
  15. hello9821

Simplified System

Thanks for the encouraging words, everyone! I've been a longtime lurker, but I think I shall start actually posting. This setup has become my refuge/ a little slice of solitude to help me keep my sanity lately. Yessir, I lucked into this pair in great shape from the original owner, with the...
  16. hello9821

Who Has Yamaha NS-10M's?

Just put mine back in my system with a cheapie Yamaha thrift store sub, actually. I like the way they sound with some newer music.
  17. hello9821

Simplified System

Hey everybody. I am a long-time lurker, but rare poster. I rearranged yesterday, and acquired the pictured desk. Just thought I'd pop in and share my system. It's composed of a Sony PS-2251, my laptop/a PS Audio Digital Link II, Yamaha A-S700 and the matching CD player, and ADS L810 or Yamaha...
  18. hello9821

My Gear

Nice. My first pair of "real" speakers was a set of 4612OKs that my father acquired from work.
  19. hello9821

Who's listening with headphones tonight? To what?

Trippy ambient music from Pandora through a Matrix M-Stage and the AKG K702.
  20. hello9821

If you were me, what would you do?

If you can find decent deals, I'd look for Adcom separates from the 80s-90s, and a better turntable. If you look around enough, you could probably find a preamp, GFA-series amp, and a decent used table for under a grand. All depends on luck really. I'm in about $600 for refoamed JBL L65s, Adcom...
  21. hello9821

Big vintage JBLs and speaker height/stands

I have my L65s on some factory stands made for ADS L810s. Don't know if they're optimal, but they look nice and get them off the floor. Seems to help with the bass issues i've had in the past with these speakers. They're very similar looking to the ones that borus linked.
  22. hello9821

Ahh the anticipation...

The wait is over! They arrived today, and I just unboxed them around fifteen minutes ago. I must say that I'm impressed with the packaging. I wasn't expecting them to come in this nice of a box. The only other high end headphones I have are the AKG K702, which came in a simple carboard box. I...
  23. hello9821

Ahh the anticipation...

Ahh, must be an impressive setup. I had the chance to listen to the HD800 a few months ago, through Naim components and a custom headphone amp, down at Stereo Design in San Diego. That's an interesting little unit. I dug out the one I'm building and am attempting to order the parts I still need...
  24. hello9821

Ahh the anticipation...

Ooo, that's a nice looking little unit. Is it affordable?
  25. hello9821

Ahh the anticipation...

Hey everyone. I've been a lurker here for a while, but I figure it's time to start "contributing". As the title says, I've been "patiently" waiting since December for a pair of Sennheiser HD650s. I ordered them direct from the manufacturer, but a few weeks ago I was told they should be in by...
Back
Top Bottom