Search results

1. O

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

It's not just more, it's the control of the bass and mid, combined with an almost tube like sound. I actually have a Folsom modded 7297 that I y split the speaker out so one end goes to my main speakers and the other as input to my crown xls with bucket subs. That combination is something...
  2. O

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

I see - thanks for the info. I would have gotten rid of that one too. I must have been lucky since the two I have still works fine. I do however have some slight vibration and have to put some weight/tape down the top to reduce some slight vibration noise from the top part of the case...
  3. O

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

What kind of problems did you and Poultrygeist experience with the old used ones?
  4. O

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

Sorry for the late reply - been travelling. Here's the link to the AC thread. http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=138229.0 Since this is not TPA based perhaps we need a new thread. Will start one when I come home if no one beats me to it. Anyways, here are some of the comments: By...
  5. O

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

I got one of those and done some listening tests between the following unmodded boards: SURE TPA3110, audiobah (green) and dual chip all driven by a Astron psu. The unmodded drok ended up in the bottom with the SURE 3110. The bass showed a lot of promise but the overall sound was just OK and...
  6. O

Poultrygeist's systems continue to evolve

Nice update! With all those speakers it almost looks like you are setting up a home theater room. ;-)
  7. O

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

Got mine yesterday too!! Perfect for some weekend fun!
  8. O

Nobsound EL34 Single-ended Class A tube amplifier

Keep reading about your good impressions of the preamp, which made me curious as well. What kind of company is nobsound? Are they the manufacturer or just a retailer putting the brand on? I have seen some ads which combines rhe nobsound name with both the name Douk or Raphaelite? Are they all...
  9. O

Bucket Sub Revisited

Thanks for claryifying!!
  10. O

Bucket Sub Revisited

Has anyone compared the bucket subs to OB bass? If so, what's your impression? I currently have the buckets but have never had the opportunity to hear OB bass so I'm just curious.
  11. O

Nobsound Tube Pre-Amp+Crown XLS-1500 Digital Amp

Per the crown reps the xls models has a dsp in the signal path that can't be turned off so there is an A/D and D/A conversion. See for example here: http://www.crownaudio.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4433
  12. O

Nobsound Tube Pre-Amp+Crown XLS-1500 Digital Amp

Many good options suggested. You probably will be happy with most. Here's one more vote to try out the crown xls. Many music stores have excellent return policies or you can often find one used for cheap so I recommend everyone that is in the market to at least check one out (just for fun if...
  13. O

Foreign Film forum anybody?

Subscribed
  14. O

One more thing - one idea is to paint your amp enclose black and put a chrome ring on it as well, and you will have a nice matching system.
  15. O

Those buckets turned out great! Well done. Especially like the chrome ring. So do they sound as good in your system(s) as when you heard them at Ed's place . Now when you have them in house, how do they compare to the Daytons?
  16. O

FFRS Mark 4:20 i. Subwoofer

I got two and I really like them! They sound great, but you need plenty of power. Based on the OP's more recent posts on other sites, something like a Crown xls 1500 or 2000 are the recommended amp since they got the required power and a nice 4th order LR lowpass cross over. I really like the...
  17. O

Another Subwoofer recommendation thread

Glad to see you found something you like! Enjoy!
  18. O

Another Subwoofer recommendation thread

Don't discount the buckets just because of the looks - they are too good to be ignored! I have two in "ipod white" :). My bigger standard black box sub I have in another room looks quite ugly imo while the bucket subs are so small they easily hide behind the couch and my equipment rack. In...
Back
Top Bottom