Search results

1. Damage Case

Audio stand ideas

The backs are open and I don't run them too hard for too long. They seem to be alright so far
  2. Damage Case

Audio stand ideas

Finally found something I could work with. Here is an old dresser I reworked.
  3. Damage Case

Sherwood S7450 CP

Found this little guy at a thrift shop today. Not much info on the net. Anyone have any experience or opinions? Thanks.
  4. Damage Case

Audio stand ideas

Thanks. Those are the kind of ideas Im looking for and more. I guess it is just a matter of being patient and finding the right piece.
  5. Damage Case

Audio stand ideas

Im sure its been done, just can't seem to find any pics right now that are serving as inspiration. Has anyone here retrofitted an old piece of furniture to house their gear? Whether it be a dresser, sideboard, hutch, buffet, whatever...Just looking for ideas/inspiration. Itching for a bit of a...
  6. Damage Case

Amplifier Distortion, DC-Offset, and You!

Glad I found this thread and super stoked that I was able to adjust the dc offset on my Pioneer sx780 to both channels less than 3 mv from 138 left and 110 right. Not knowledgeable or comfortable with electricity but found a link on AK which made it easy for a newbie like me. I think the...
  7. Damage Case

Better than free

and the console unit it came with. 1959 Telefunken Musiktruhe Salzburg III. Nice piece but I just don't have the room for it
  8. Damage Case

Better than free

Newest addition to my collection. Telefunken tr-525. Better than free. Seller would not sell it separate from the console unit it was sitting in. So I bought the console also, flipped it and made a couple of bucks for my time...and my poor back
  9. Damage Case

Today's find

Driving home today through the neighborhood, I see a mountain of old TV's and assorted electronics someone is getting rid of. Mostly pc's and printers and peaking out near the bottom I see a silver faced receiver. What I ended up rescuing is this Pioneer SX-780. Pretty dirty on the outside...
  10. Damage Case

Pre-amp question

Thanks, nothing specific at the moment. Just wondering. Makes more sense now.
  11. Damage Case

Pre-amp question

Forgive the newbie question, but I've only ever had receivers. Question - is a pre-amp necessary or can equipment run directly off of an amp?
  12. Damage Case

Subwoofer hookup question

Thanks everyone for your responses.
  13. Damage Case

Thanks Rob41. I definitely would not have both running at the same time however I want to keep them both connected at the same time. Just wondering if there is the possibility of damaging one while using the other - or possibly damaging the sub? Thanks again.
  14. Damage Case

Hi, can anyone help answer this regarding the following scenario. Right now I have 2 separate systems in the same living space. One for home theater use and my vintage setup for music only. The home theater system has a sub hooked up from the dedicated sub out jack on the h/t receiver...
  15. Damage Case

It's not you...it's me.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
  16. Damage Case

It's not you...it's me.

Thanks, will remember to mention that.
  17. Damage Case

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Rolling Stones -Goats Head Soup
  18. Damage Case

It's not you...it's me.

I'm pretty new here so I don't know if this has come up before. Recently discovered that the left channel seemed a tiny bit lower than the right on my system, particularly with respect to vocals. Maybe the source, vocals mixed more towards the right? Tried various cd's and most were the...
  19. Damage Case

Latest toy

Latest toy. Technics SH-8020 EQ.
  20. Damage Case

My all analog setup

Beautiful.
  21. Damage Case

Hello from Ontario, Canada

Hello everyone. Been lurking for a while and finally decided to join. The past few (well maybe 10) years I've gotten a bit removed from my love of music as life seems to happen. Marriage, house, kid, and cartoons on for years on end. Recently however I'm glad to say I'm getting myself back into...
Back
Top Bottom