Search results

1. mfm22

Dahlquist speakers and tubes

Should sound great. Had DQ10s powered by stereo 70 Currently have Rogue Cronos mag makes some beautiful music
  2. mfm22

Post your "Best Vintage Speaker Value" here!

Dahlquist 10's - I got a special pair - [free] & they will sound great once redone - these are a bargain at the regular pre owned rate at about $400-600 KLH 5's very nice piad too much but worth it $200 Dahlquist M 905's - not well known but well done $ 100- 150 - sweet
  3. mfm22

Realized I'm not an audiophile.

I hear you . It's about the music isn't it ? I'm in the process of "dumbing " down my system I just want to relax and listen to " the music" - I'm tired of listening to the equipment My findings of late - the music source is of the utmost importance ! If it's well recorded / mastered...
  4. mfm22

Most Attractive Turntable?

5. mfm22

Gravitating Towards Music That Is More Introspective

I'm not getting old , I am old !! Sounds interesting , I'd like to hear some of these - recommendations please CD or LP ?
  6. mfm22

What's the newest and oldest component in your system?

Old = Thorens TD160 New= Magnepan .7's
  7. mfm22

Need help setting up Ariston TT - damping etc

I keep putting this off :( I have the ARISTON RD 11 with SME series lll arm . I have a new belt & springs on hand - to install the tone arm has a damping well - i'm sure I'll need some fluid . I seem to remember something about paddles ?? Anyone have a good idea whats involved with...
  8. mfm22

Emojis gone?

:rflmao:
  9. mfm22

I can't stop listening to my system-in a bad way.

Sounds like you're on the right track Keep in mind the source is very important to the listening experience. If you have a well recorded / mastered LP Or CD all things (speakers ,amp, etc ) sound better Sometimes better than they should I'm finding that if my source isn't above average I...
  10. mfm22

I can't stop listening to my system-in a bad way.

I think it's part of the process , I reclaimed a finished basement for a dedicated listening room [My kids have grown and don't use area ] Got back into hifi after a 30 yr break , 1 year in I'm doing the same thing as you . I go down to relax and put on an LP or CD after 5-10 minutes I fiddle...
  11. mfm22

What's your grail record ?

I'd like to find a minty "Blacks and Blues" Bobbi Humphrey. Original pressing Blue Note Sealed would be even better but I'd open it and play it anyway . Been looking for it in local shops for a year .... I had it , bought it new back in the day Sold a few hundred LP's when bought home -...
  12. mfm22

Conrad Johnson MF80 amp info

Trying to research this and not much out there I know it's 80w into 8ohms , want to know what it is into 4 ohm Also the current rating. & any general feedback is welcome
  13. mfm22

Glad I was told about this site!

Welcome :beerchug: Lots of good stuff on AK . I recently discovered R2R - very nice !
  14. mfm22

Low ceiling general affects on which frequency- HELP.

I tried different speaker placement with some success. I have a sectional that wraps around a corner area . I was facing a wall with my back near the opposite wall squared off so to speak , tried sitting in the corner and moved speakers facing me - they are now more mid room away from walls...
  15. mfm22

Raising small floor standers - ?

I can screw spikes into the bottom to " ground " the base's - the speakers are on metal bolts directly into wood not on carpet . Honestly I don't think I heard any difference - so I opted for the convenience of mobility .
  16. mfm22

HELP!!! My cat thinks one of my speakers is a scratching post!

Cats are independent for sure ... I have a dog and somehow my son thought it a good idea to bring home a cat ? its been a few years & I've grown to like the cat ,but he's a pain in the neck . My Daughters boyfriends are both severely allergic to him , so he gets locked into" His" room when...
  17. mfm22

HELP!!! My cat thinks one of my speakers is a scratching post!

I had some slip / dust covers made for my Magnepans . My cat seems to like to scratch at the rugs in the house but the magnepans are too big a target . As a matter of fact I had covers made for my Turntables & amp . Being on the top of the tand he like to roam and sit on top of things Studio...
  18. mfm22

Spendor S5e vs A5's opinions ?

Not long enough Maybe 30 hours tops
  19. mfm22

Spendor S5e vs A5's opinions ?

I've acquired a pair of S5e's [ too good a deal to pass on] . In listening I'm pleasantly surprised at the sound quality . Having owned a set of A5's [sold them prematurely] , the S5e seems more opened - relaxed than the A5 they don't give anything up in accuracy as far as I can tell . I think...
  20. mfm22

Raising small floor standers - ?

Simple base made out of some repurposed plywood cut & stacked 4 layers of 3/4 birch ply Roughly 10" x 12" counter sunk some holes on top layer to accommodate spikes Found some plastic discs with adhesive made for carpet 1 1/4 diameter ,used 4 on each base Worked nicely , covered bases with...
  21. mfm22

heard a serious system today

You mean to tell me there is a system that sounds better than mine? Well I don't know what to say except Simple things for simple folk. That's my new motto Ignorance is bliss , just call me simple Simon . Learning to like what I've got & not lust after what I don't . Always gonna be...
  22. mfm22

Are many recordings balanced "to the right"?

Funny I find many of the recording I listen to a more left side . In my case I think it's due to the right side of room being open
Back
Top Bottom