Search results

1. daturbosix

Wood case Part number?

i dont see a tag anywhere on this case. i got it with a partially disassembled 2215 in it, but wondering what else it fits, and what the part number would be. i think it would be a WC-22??
  2. daturbosix

JBL 4430 or 4435 clones

thank you, sir.
  3. daturbosix

JBL 4430 or 4435 clones

i thought i ran across a post a while back here about a guy building a set of clones. cant seem to find it now. the time has come that i upgrade my speakers to something that can reliably handle all the power i can produce. im seeking information on a technical level of box dimensions...
  4. daturbosix

Cerwin Vega 215R . . . what are these?

the feet are actually double caster wheels. someone installed those before i had gotten them. theyre just small like 2" diameter furniture casters.kinda of a nice addition if you ask me. recapping my xover should be on my "to-do" list.. although im not very electronically savvy when it comes to...
  5. daturbosix

i did not do either of those. never really thought about adding a fuse in-line of the tweeter. and probably should recap them, but again, have not.
  6. daturbosix

oh yeah! i still have them. still rocking out to them. i have, however, had to replace the rear horns a few times now as they keep popping every so often.
  7. daturbosix

bluetooth or other wireless speaker recommendations?

the fatherinlaw is getting rid of his bookshelf system in his living room and wants something modern that he can stream media to via bluetooth or other wireless means. i dont even know what to tell him to look into. anyone of you guys have experience with this sort of thing?
  8. daturbosix

inexpensive amp/preamp for shop

looking to put together a little BS system to rock the F out of my 3000 sq ft automotive shop and yard... right now i hve some white van 12" 3-ways & a kenwood vr-307 receiver. it has done its purpose over the last number of years. but now i have a line on a some good working cerwin vega...
  9. daturbosix

Preamp suggestions

Curious to know too
  10. daturbosix

cerwin vega 215-r rear horn issues(possible crossover issue?)

so i use a pair of early 70s cerwin vega 215-R's(similar to 211-r and 217-r, not a whole lot of info on them). Anyway.. one of my rear facing horns stopped working, i diagnosed it to be a open in the horn, so i bought the repair...
  11. daturbosix

Adcom GFA-555 repair question

Im running 4ohm speakers. Tested it in mono to 1 of them and was fantastic sounding. So i figured that times two would be even better. Maybe im wrong and should just rock this 1 gfa555 in stereo
  12. daturbosix

Why do you say that? They are a bridgable amp.....
  13. daturbosix

You mentioned speaker protection. Is there a way to add that to my system? I plan on running a pair gfa555's bridged to each speaker.
  14. daturbosix

I dont own it yet. Im tryi g to figure out what it would cost to be rebuilt + purchase price vs. What i can buy a good one for. I dont want to spend more on this broken unit and repairing it when i can get a good one for under 400
  15. daturbosix

im looking at purchasing a adcom gfa555 that has a right channel hum. anyone know what im gonna be in for getting it repaired? most places around me want $50 just to look at it, and that cost will be credited towards the repair if i decided to get forward with it. however i dont want to pay...
  16. daturbosix

lets talk carver amps

ok. ill be honest. ive always had it powered off my 4000t preamp seeing as the m1.5t does not have a power switch on it. im currently listening to a few albums with it directly plugged into the wall. i have noticed a difference yet. wired correctly? what do you mean? i have each speaker off...
  17. daturbosix

lets talk carver amps

i have a un-serviced m1.5t im running with my CV 215r's.. i also had them hooked up to a friends pair of JBL 4425's.. ive come to the conclusion if i want to run a better speaker ever, like a 4425 or similar, im gonna need more power. option 1: get my m1.5t serviced and/or modified for...
  18. daturbosix

i need some sort of stereo cabinet, help me find something!

Well i scored one off a facebook garage sale group cheap. Got it set up last night, couldnt be happier. Its great Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
  19. daturbosix

whats your thoughts on this unit? http://www.menards.com/main/storage-organization/storage-cubes-drawers/designers-image-trade-8-cube-organizer-espresso/p-2436878-c-12646.htm
  20. daturbosix

LOL. i was just going to post this one once i started looking on ikea! http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50278482/ great minds!:banana:
  21. daturbosix

to make things short. this all stems from WAF. i need something wide and low profile.. spots for my components, turn table, laptop, and record storage. ideas? was thinking something like this.. but cant find anything, maybe my search term is wrong? lol
  22. daturbosix

ill try that tomorrow! thanks.
  23. daturbosix

questions for you CV guys.. would bad caps in a crossover cause scratchy vocals to be heard through the woofer? i got these back together and this is what i experience on 1 of the speakers. as well as the pots only seems to work in 1 spot.. so i think im looking at a complete crossover rebuild.
  24. daturbosix

Replacement tweeter recomendations? Thiel CS3.5

sorry to hijack. but i have a pair of CS3's that need tweeters. i ran across these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAIR-OF-GRS-SOFT-DOME-TWEETERS-1-/291285691525?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d1faec85 opinions?
  25. daturbosix

Rolls Royce Silver Shadow/Chevy Truck Chassis

i like it! haha. might be the hillbilly in me, but hell, id drive that daily for sure.
Back
Top Bottom