Search results

1. D

Hello world!

Welcome to AK. I credit Head-fi with getting me going with my current digital setup which of course feeds into my Sansui AU-777. The best of both worlds-vintage and digital audio. I was so impressed with the results I ditched my Pioneer Elite stuff. Cheers.
  2. D

Kenwood KA-9X info anyone?

Granted. SC makes some great equipment. It could have been the amp. Unfortunately I don't recall the model number. At any rate, the impression everyone left with was much different then before the shootout. The KA9X had the best control over the RSII and sound, particularly in the bass...
  3. D

Kenwood KA-9X info anyone?

It's been a while since I have been on AK. I am the one referenced in the KA9X/Infiniity quote. If you look at the back of the receiver you see extra +/- sensor terminals for each channel. This is for the Sigma Drive. Anyway, the cables that came with the KA-9X looked similar to bi-wire...
  4. D

Picked up a TU777 and AU777 Today

How about if I send each of you a 777? Perhaps when I have no use for them. Actually, since I have 3 pieces, aren't I now a museum? Attention everyone, expanding collection, vintage donations appreciated! I really appreciate everyone's comments. I am excited about completing the set, so to...
  5. D

Picked up a TU777 and AU777 Today

I won a TU-777 on eBay Tuesday. I picked it up today since the item was 90 minutes from my house. Otherwise, I would not have bid. We'll maybe. Bought it to match my lonely AU-777 my dad bought when he was in the Philippines in 68/68. The seller was original owner and bought his tuner and...
  6. D

AU-777 and Subwoofer

Thanks Inspiribomb, Your reply confirmed my thinking and gave me confidence to proceed. It worked out great and nice to have some bottom end to my small monitors. You and AK have done a lot for me and others. I hope I can provide some helpful information in the future. Regards, David
  7. D

How do I run my PC thru My Sansui

To get the best possible sound get a good sound card. I have my laptop and music on my 160g hardrive running through an Audigy 2 ZS notebook via optical cable to a DAC configured for "bit perfect" and Foobar into my AU-777's AUX 1 jack. Best sound I have ever heard using low dollar and...
  8. D

AU-777 and Subwoofer

I am considering connecting a subwoofer to my 777. I'd like to enlist your expertise so I don't fry my amp or my sub. (I searched the forum, and did not see anything relating to my situation.) My sub has line level inputs (L&R). I intend to use these over the speaker level inputs. The 777...
  9. D

Got Wood?

I have an Technics SA818 that has the same problem. I am going to trash the mdf and cut replacements with the same dimensions/profile with real walnut. I owned the 616 in 1982 and didn't really like the vinyl then. The previous owner of the 818 (I purchased in 2003/ebay) attempted (poorly) to...
  10. D

whats the best speaker youv ever owned

1) Infinity RSII purchased in Germany for $671 a pair at Mainz-Kastel Audio Center in 1983 - sold because they wouldn't fit in my college dorm room. 2) Dali Grands - some of the best vocals I have ever heard. Sold last November. "Too big" even though we have a 25x30 room. Now...
  11. D

PC as source component

I am using a Sharp Laptop with 80 hours of music ripped at high vbr. I use Foobar 2000 as my media player. Currently using the analog outputs from the headphone jack (then mini-rca adaptor) into a Margules ADE-24 Analog/Digital Enhancer. Works in the analog domain and really smooths the cd to...
  12. D

Awakened AU-777 after 37 years!

Thanks SansuiSamRI, I appreciate the information and read it with great interest. I have become attached to the 777 and want to take care of it--more so than any new component that I have purchased in the past. Mother's Day really took a large part of my weekend tinkering so the pic's are...
  13. D

Where were YOU during the great receiver wars of the 70's?

I was in high school in Germany. In 82-83, I worked for Kenwood after school and on weekends in the audio centers at the tail-end of the receiver wars. In the Mainz store, each company had its own showroom displaying nearly their entire lineup. I recall Pioneer, Technics, and Infinity having...
  14. D

Thanks and what do deteriorated caps sound like... Hey everyone, Thanks for the posts. Played tunes for about 8 hours today for background. I had a 95% digital session through AUX and all still sounds fabulous. The first 5%, I checked the TT connections again and confirmed that ground is...
  15. D

:thmbsp: :banana: AK Sansui Fans, I have a few questions below. A couple of weeks ago my dad dropped a bunch of used stereo equip to list on ebay. One of these was an AU-777 that he bought in 1968 (Philippines) and hasn't played since then (less than 100 hours). I remembered playing...
  16. D

The kabuki-est speaker I've EVER freakin' seen

Thanks. Thanks Foe, That didn't show up when I did a KL10000Z search on the forum. Dave
  17. D

The kabuki-est speaker I've EVER freakin' seen

KL10000z on Ebay Canada GordonW, I thought you might be interested in these since you posted them as the most kabukiest speaker ever. I used to sell these when I was the Kenwood Rep for the Hainerberg and Mainz-Kastel Audio Centers in Germany in the early 80's. These were highly...
  18. D

Comment by 'dmd845' in media 'Technics SA-818'

Nice receiver. I owned the SA616 in 1981 when I was in high school in Germany. Always wanted the 818. Finally got one last year off ebay. Rebuilding my "childhood". I used to be a Kenwood sales rep in Germany for the military market. The good old days.
Back
Top Bottom