Search results

1. Bluesbassplayer

Prayers for mom & dad

Best wishes and prayers. Glad it wasn't too bad, but make sure she gets physical therapy as soon as appropriate - she may lose a lot of strength, and you want to stay on top of that.
  2. Bluesbassplayer

What Were Some Of The Worst Speakers You Have Owned ?

It is in my Nokia cell phone. The one that acts as the speaker phone - horrible, shrill sound!
  3. Bluesbassplayer

Best sounding speakers..

Gallo Reference 3.1 Apogee Duetta IIs (older ribbons) Totem Forest in that order
  4. Bluesbassplayer

Songs that mention other artists...

Neil Young ... mentions Johnny Rotten ... in Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black)
  5. Bluesbassplayer

Stevie Wonder ... mentions "Basie, Miller, Sachimo And the king of all Sir Duke And with a voice like Ella's ringing out There's no way the band can lose!" ... in Sir Duke
  6. Bluesbassplayer

The Commodores ... mentions Marvin Gaye and Jackie Wilson ... in Night Shift
  7. Bluesbassplayer

Velodyne SMS-1 sub DSP controller for RS1B?

A little off topic, but I am using this Velodyne processor with some Gallo Reference 3.1's - on the "subwoofer" terminals of the woofer. I had a 50 to 90 hz bass suck out in the room. It has fixed it nicely. Not sure how this might apply to your situation, but that Velodyne unit is really...
  8. Bluesbassplayer

CDM-9 / PS Audio Lambda CD Transport broken tray gear - opening case???

All fixed! By the way - upon closer inspection, they weren't Torx screws, they were very small hex. Here are some pictures. The first one is the broken wheel. Very easy repair. Don't throw out your PS Audio Lambdas or other CDM-9 drives! [/ATTACH]
  9. Bluesbassplayer

Those were so small, i didn't realize that they were Torx. I will have to go pick up some that small... Satch - keep an eye out on ebay. Bet you can get a broken Lambda for under $200, fix it, and you are back to having a super transport (as you know). Thanks for putting me in the...
  10. Bluesbassplayer

I'm getting ready to replace the broken tray gear in my PS Audio Lambda CD Transport. How do you open the case? I haven't dealt with these fasteners yet... Thanks in advance! [/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
  11. Bluesbassplayer

Cheapest way to damp a 5x5m concrete room?

I had a drummer friend who collected a bunch of high density foam - 2" that were scraps from shipping, also foam that you would lay under rugs to keep them from moving. He glued that to the walls, ceiling, everywhere. That was his practice room - the neighbors could ALMOST not hear him (he...
  12. Bluesbassplayer

I need ROCK Anthems. Your nominations please

Rock N' roll all night - Kiss Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen London Calling - The Clash Bat Out of Hell - Meat Loaf Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black) - Neil Young Louie Louie - The Kingsmen
  13. Bluesbassplayer

Your probably going to think I am crazy...

If you like 'em - don't worry about it! Enjoy :) Kind of like the Bose or blows argument you can read on many threads - Bose aren't for me, but plenty like 'em a lot. I'm just glad a few more people are excited like I am to listen to some good music! I remember when I was a kid - I would...
  14. Bluesbassplayer

Andante Cartridge Question

I've got that exact one on a turntable I have - I replaced it with an ortofon --- I will be curious to see myself if anyone can ID it --- I never could.
  15. Bluesbassplayer

What bands don't you "get"?

Motley Crue: http://media.photobucket.com/image/motley%20crue/sergei_luvver/motley%20crue%20and%20stuff/motleycrue.jpg?o=10 What I don't get is that the ladies were attracted to these guys! Ok - you're still not convinced??? How about Poison...
  16. Bluesbassplayer

Rolling Stones - You Tube Must See

You are beyond help, but -- yeah -- it is pretty funny --- my favorite is Charlie Watts! Talk about far away eyes :)
  17. Bluesbassplayer

What a Shock: 23-year old Michael Phelps Likes to Party...

Maybe he's gotten asthma or some other lung ailment and that device he is holding is some kind medical device? :scratch2:
  18. Bluesbassplayer

I'm gonna be sick...

lapel pins - not a bad idea! When you mentioned the lapel pins, got me to thinking about something. I train a lot of business professionals on how to acquire more new business by referral and relationships. One myth in doing business by referral is that people who know like and trust you...
  19. Bluesbassplayer

RUSH "Snakes And Arrows"

I am using a Benchmark Dac1, I need to update my signature!
  20. Bluesbassplayer

The "Ugliest Speakers in the World" Contest

I see why it has a "brilliance" control, better turn that all the way to the right...
  21. Bluesbassplayer

RUSH "Snakes And Arrows"

I think Vapor Trails is for a die hard fan, to me like Power Windows, ok - but not their best work. For me Snake and Arrows is a notch higher, a good solid Rush CD. I have been listening to it analytically, while writing this. Seems they mixed Geddy's vocals pretty similar to other albums...
  22. Bluesbassplayer

Let's Mourn Together...

OMG! This one has no clue. Do you ever wonder if you have posted something like this, and thought you were on, when you were in reality doing something like this? The writer is always the last to know... Maybe someone should give him a link to this thread?
  23. Bluesbassplayer

Do speaker cables really make a difference?

Mad Dog, Boones Farm, etc Rick --- all I know is EVERY time I drank the wino specials, when I was under age - something bad always happened. Me and my pals soon figured out that we could buy 1 six pack of Bud (start out with the "good stuff") and then finish with some Milwaukee's Best and have...
  24. Bluesbassplayer

Do speaker cables really make a difference?

By the way, to continue on --- Buying and consuming a bottle of any flavor of Mad Dog 20/20, will have a much bigger impact on the sound of your cables, than any mega dollar cable swap ever could. GUARANTEED. All for $3. You can thank me later...
Back
Top Bottom