Search results

1. Dees06

Your Last Concert (or two)

I've seen the Turtles 6 times now. My wife and I never miss an opportunity when they are relatively close. Phenomenal live band. The show at Stubb's wouldn't rank in the top 3 shows I've seen from them (I'd say 4th). The sound was kinda funky like the soundboard guy was kinda new funky. All the...
  2. Dees06

Raspberry Pi 4 with Wifi??

Yes missed that part of the OP. Never messed around with Roon because I'm a cheapskate so I've honestly never bothered to look.
  3. Dees06

Raspberry Pi 4 with Wifi??

Agree with E-Stat. I'm using an RPi4 -->Allo Boss 1.2-->Edifier S2000mkiii in my office. Official RPi screen attached. All via wifi. Running PiCorePlayer. I have 3 "nodes" and 1 RPi as a LMS connected to a 4TB hard drive. 2 nodes and the server are connected via ethernet. The office node is the...
  4. Dees06

CDs... an embarrassment of riches!

Just bought 4 CDs for less than $17. In vinyl terms that would be $100 at least. I do love my vinyl, but prices are stupid. I live in a smaller city with a couple of good shops. A few more in reasonable driving distance. Used vinyl in good shape is still $15-20 each. I better really want it to...
  5. Dees06

Your Last Concert (or two)

Trampled by Turtles with Deer Tick - Austin 1/14/22 Opeth and Mastodon - Asheville 11/16/21 Gwar and Napalm Death - Pensacola 11/14/21
  6. Dees06

Fastest Bluegrass songs

A couple of my favorites.
  7. Dees06

Who here owns their ultimate/dream/"grail" turntable and what is it?

I'll probably be buried with my PS-X600 either because I'll never feel the desire to upgrade or my wife will whack me in the head with it and implant it in my skull. That said, if I happen to run across a PS-X800 or 75 in perfect condition within my budgetary constraints, I wouldn't hesitate to...
  8. Dees06

Tekton Owners Thread

I have a set of mLores which I like quite a bit. Lately, however, I've been thinking of an upgrade (an addition to the stable if you will). How much of an upgrade would the Lore Reference be over the mLores? Anything else I should be looking at that would be an upgrade but still have the same...
  9. Dees06

High Quality Recordings

Most of Devin Townsend's solo stuff is extremely well recorded. His production for other artists has been hit or miss. Porcupine Tree and Steven Wilson related is also very good (No Man, Storm Corrosion, Blackfield). His work with Opeth has been great as a producer, and his remixes of classic...
  10. Dees06

Raspberry Pi 3B+ and Topping D10 setup question

Thanks for your response. I had read about the usb power draw issue elsewhere, but your breakdown makes more sense to me. There just may be no real way around 1 extra wall wart either for the dac or hdd that would acheive what I want and produce good results.
  11. Dees06

Raspberry Pi 3B+ and Topping D10 setup question

I have a RPi3B+ running piCoreplayer/LMS that I want to interface with my Marantz 2245B via a Topping D10. My question is what is the best way to do this without underpowering the D10. Running it straight from the RPi is doable from what I've read, but not ideal. I would also like to run an...
  12. Dees06

Looking for a small CD Player

Parasound Zcd can be had in a rack mount (and regular if you prefer).
  13. Dees06

Record weight safe to use on my tables?

I actually dropped my record weight on to a brand new record the other night. Left a nice little dent. I think I'm done with record weights.
  14. Dees06

If you're hosting your own music library on "server" in your house, what are you using and why?

Fairly low budget setup: Raspberry Pi 2 running Openmediavault -> 4TB External HD -> Media Monkey -> CCA streaming to various spots around the house (or to my phone if I'm so inclined).
  15. Dees06

What TT's do you folks have

New to me Sony PS-X600. Just arrived yesterday, up and running today. Shure M91ED through my Marantz 2240B.
  16. Dees06

Integrated Amps You Will Never Sell

My Marantz 2240b. It sounds fantastic, it's beautiful, and it's wife approved. Can't see ever getting rid of it.
  17. Dees06

I would like pics and info. Thanks

I would like pics and info. Thanks
  18. Dees06

Teac TN-300 at Amazon for $149.95

Listening to my TN-300 right now. Nice table and that’s a great price. I bought mine used last year for $200.
  19. Dees06

Tekton Owners Thread

They are painted a nice maroon color. Thanks for the compliments. I really enjoy this setup and can’t recommend it enough.
  20. Dees06

Tekton Owners Thread

I admit that I don't have the widest range of experience with high quality speakers, but these Tektons are phenomenal. Absolutely love them.
  21. Dees06

Tekton Owners Thread

I don’t really need a receiver, but I do like the way they look. Stupid reason to choose one for sure. I had looked at the new Yamahas. Seem like a pretty good value. I don’t want to get anything that will need a major overhaul any time soon, so that might be the way to go. Thanks!
  22. Dees06

Tekton Owners Thread

I have recently acquired a set of m-lores. I have a few different receivers I could pair with them, but I’m looking for something different. My sources are a Teac TN 300 via a custom muffsy based phono stage and a CCA that I need to pair with a decent DAC (thinking Schiit here). I have around...
  23. Dees06

Realistic STA-78 black face purchase

I have one and it is one of the prettiest receivers I have. Sounds very nice as well.
  24. Dees06

New Klipsch vs old klipsch vs...

Yk Thom, I appreciate the rationale behind your recommendation. I am indeed trying to stay within budget and avoid biting off a project that could end up way over budget. With the Crites mod crossovers and new tweeters, the KG will end up around $525. With stands included, the RP160Ms would end...
  25. Dees06

New Klipsch vs old klipsch vs...

I'm open to any brand, just that's all I've seen available locally in quite a while. It's a bit of a Wasteland down here when it comes to hifi.
Back
Top Bottom