Search results

1. M

The Two Biggest Falsehoods About Zu Audio Omen Dirty Weekend Speakers

Those look great. I received a brand new pair last week in the basic satin black. I really wanted the hickory or cosmic carbon, but i had to keep the cost down considered the shipping charge to Alaska. But I’m happy the finish is flawless and the color absorbs light in a very cool way. I think...
  2. M

The Two Biggest Falsehoods About Zu Audio Omen Dirty Weekend Speakers

I'm a fairly new owner of some DW6's, they sound great - love em. They replaced some Vandersteen Model 1's, which I like a lot. The Zu's are much more dynamic and the bass sounds so much cleaner and articulate (in my room). The new DW6's have a rear facing port BTW, easier to set up and place...
  3. M

Today's INDIE Playlist

4. M

Today's INDIE Playlist

5. M

Today's INDIE Playlist

6. M

Amplifier recommendation

Yes this. Glad to hear its coming together!
  7. M

Amplifier recommendation

I'd encourage you to listen systematically, with as little in the way to the speakers at first. Hook up just the pre-amp to the amp and the Cerwins, listen for a bit. This will give you a sense of what the gear sounds like, then add in the additional electronics. You may find the old electronics...
  8. M

Amplifier recommendation

Typically I'd say make sure the volume knob was turned down before you switch it on... but I don't think that is relevant with your new preamp. Just double check all the wiring. make sure no speaker wires have little fly-away strands shorting out to the other side. Your set up is a little...
  9. M

Amplifier recommendation

So... what do you think?
  10. M

Amplifier recommendation

Does the ADC equalizer have a signal gain knob? Or slider? You may just use that to match the level to the Bose speakers.
  11. M

Today's INDIE Playlist

Been on a real Warpaint bender… a great band
  12. M

Amplifier recommendation

I can really relate to your hesitation, it’s a lot of cheese… and you already like the sound you’re getting. My experience with Emotiva products is limited, but good. I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase the gear recommended to you here, if I needed it or desired it. I wish I could say it’ll sound...
  13. M

Today's INDIE Playlist

Not “independent“ really, but a real Indy vibe… I mean, xylophone solo?
  14. M

Today's INDIE Playlist

15. M

Today's INDIE Playlist

16. M

Amplifier recommendation

I see. I think you could just turn off the relevant EQ. Turn off the ADC, just listen to the Bose speakers, and vice versa.
  17. M

Amplifier recommendation

I see what you mean here... I figured the Tape recorder connection where for a line-level input, no? will that loop just pass through an un-equalized signal? ... I suppose I don't exactly know the point of those connections?
  18. M

Amplifier recommendation

Yeah, that looks correct. It's best to think of the power amp as four separate amps, each channel will amplify whatever signal it gets, left, right, center... it doesn't care. The only part that really "knows" what is the left stereo channel or right stereo channel is the pre-amp. So its just...
  19. M

Amplifier recommendation

I think you’ve got the right idea… but your drawing looks like the Bose eq is sending signal to a 901, and a CV. You want the Bose EQ going to 901 speakers only. Then the signals going from the ADC to the CV’s only. does that make sense?
  20. M

Amplifier recommendation

Check this (crude) drawing out. This is, I think, what @peterp1 is proposing. Note that the "Y" you see between the pre-amp and the EQ's, it where you would need the RCA y splitters pictured above.
  21. M

Amplifier recommendation

Oh yeah, you'll need a couple of these to make your two channels doubled for the four channel amp. add a few bucks to the budget...
  22. M

Amplifier recommendation

Just want to throw another option in here.... Emotiva. Right now their BasX PT1 preamp (that has all the connectivity you desire) is on sale for $399. You can then grab a 4 channel BasX A4 (100wpc in 8 ohms) for $559. You can then plop your Bose EQ between the two (I think?), and have 100 watts...
  23. M

Today's INDIE Playlist

This album is superb
  24. M

Today's INDIE Playlist

This thread turned me onto BJM
  25. M

Today's INDIE Playlist

Back
Top Bottom