Search results

1. 808_state

Table for one at The Dark Side of the Room

Not that I intended to buy it but pretty fun to see this in person today at a local AV Shop: Here are the specs from the Pro-Ject website: Speed: 33/45rpm (manual speed change) Drive principle: belt drive with electronic speed control Platter: tempered glass, 10mm thick (includes felt mat)...
  2. 808_state

Yamaha CD-S2100 Loading Loop Issue

Seriously bummed to be writing this but doing it anyway just in case someone has encountered a similar problem or does so in the future. Got my 2100 in April of last year (open box) and it worked flawlessly until yesterday. Up to this point it would play and read virtually any CD/SACD, even...
  3. 808_state

It's still good for something...

Had this little guy (Toshiba HD-A35) sitting on the shelf and randomly decided to hook him up for some fun. Honestly not a bad CDP at all...great low end. Wish it played SACD's!
  4. 808_state

A GT-2000x saga...

Yup, you read that correctly. It's a big day if not the biggest for my collection. The nicest 2000x I've seen to date is now within my cold icy grip ; ) This will require a trip to Japan, pack job and shipping it back. I don't care, this table is worth it. I almost got one from hifido last month...
  5. 808_state

And so it begins...

After what seemed like forever and a day my diffuser panels finally arrived from China last week. They all arrived in decent shape but one is cracked so I may try a go around with the vendor on that one but won't hold my breath. I'm thinking to stain them in a slightly golden color and then...
  6. 808_state

An NS-2000 saga...

So I knew I wanted a pair of NS-2000's but didn't realize how quickly a pair would turn up. Omg, they come with the original boxes! But the only caveat was that of course the surrounds were toast. But still that condition! So I went for them, and the seller even hand delivered...
  7. 808_state

Some of the coolest vinyl I've ever seen...

These literally look like glass! If people are going to insist on colored vinyl for reissues I'd love to see more like this.
  8. 808_state

Recommendations of Fill Material for Turntable and Audio Stands

I'm getting a new rack (MDF shelves with hollow steel tubes) in a couple of days and the support tubes are fillable. Any suggestions for fill material? Most folks seem to recommend sand but then others claim that it "eats" microdynamics (deadens too much?). I've also heard of kitty litter as an...
  9. 808_state

Yamaha preamp MC phono input gains and load impedance

Just wondering if any of the benchtop warriors here have actual measured numbers for the MC inputs on the various Yamaha preamps. It would be invaluable info for cart matching and future cart selection. The preamps in my possession are as follows: C-2 C-2x C-4 C-6 C-70 CX-1 Info for other...
  10. 808_state

So the wife baked me a birthday cake...

Modeled after the Yamaha GT-2000 with m&m accents and an experimental offset angle. 100% Japanese hand crafted.
  11. 808_state

Yamaha CDX-410U

So I pulled this guy out of the closet today and gave the laser lens a careful swab with alcohol and then hooked it to the tuner connects on my C-2x. Fired it up and despite not wanting to read from the first track, the old click forward and hit play still works. Listening to Ok Computer sounds...
  12. 808_state

JBL L 100 mystery cabinets

I was recently browsing Troels Graveson's upgrade page when I saw these mod cabinets for the JBL L100's. I thought they looked stunning and emailed Troels and he told me he no longer has the builder's email. The only info he has is "Brandon US"...might anybody here recognize these beauties or...
  13. 808_state

Yamaha GT-2000 YAL-1 tonearm autolifter not working

For GT owners: Has anyone here encountered issues with their YAL-1 autolifter? My beloved GT-2000 was purchased through hifido and my YAL-1 was purchased through yahoo jp auctions. When I first received the YAL-1 I installed it according to the user manual and followed the steps for...
Back
Top Bottom