Search results

1. R

Sony TC-K700ES/TC-K333ESX listed for parts on LA craigslist ($95)

The transport mechanism on this deck has just been serviced and is fully functional (PLAY, FF, and REW), and a new capstan belt was also installed. Although the electronics were fully operational before the transport servicing, immediately afterwards the right channel audio stopped working...
  2. R

Sony 2.5mm steel balls gratis

if you misplace or otherwise lose one or more of the three 2.5mm steel balls that are used on the head-carriages of Sony decks, let me know by replying to this thread and I'll send replacements to you gratis. I wound up buying 250 of them for next to nothing, so glad to share.
  3. R

TC-K700ES Servicing Routine (1)

ADVICE TO NEWBIES LIKE ME 1. Set up a work a work surface with space for the tape deck, tools, a high-intensity light, and a towel or other soft cushion that will easily slide, for the deck to sit on and be turned when necessary. Have room for a note pad and pen to conveniently write notes as...
  4. R

iOS "test equipment" apps

I wonder if anyone is using iOS (iPad, iPhone, etc.) apps for signal generator and scope functions in aligning and troubleshooting their tape decks. Are they useful, a waste of time and money, something in between? After more than a 50-year hiatus from hands-on work with electronics, my...
  5. R

Sony TC-K700ES transport issue?

I'm looking at buying a Sony TC-K700ES and trying to figure out how much work it needs. It was used last time 3 years ago and was working properly then. When tried now, the transport doesn't move the tape and the deck automatically turns off the function (play, rewind or fast forward) with an...
  6. R

CD Recorder Enigma

I recently revived my JVC XL-R5020BK CD recorder-player that had been unused for many years. If you're unfamiliar with this machine, it has three trays to play CDs and an entirely separate tray that both records and plays CDs. When I started using the machine again about a month ago, I found...
Back
Top Bottom