Search results

1. B

881: Low FM Output

Hello all, I have a Sansui 881 that I "refurbished" three or four years ago, replacing all electrolytic caps on the F-2436 Driver Circuit & F-2437 Power Circuit. The unit sat in a storage unit for a year and now has an issue with output level from the FM & AM channels. All other...
  2. B

Different speakers, different output levels from same receiver

Interesting! I have an un-used Bryston 4B amp around. It doesn't have the traditional volume/tone controls but it does have a little set screw on the back for the loudness of each channel. So I could run the Tape/Rec Output of the Sansui to the inputs of the Bryston and then set the levels on...
  3. B

Different speakers, different output levels from same receiver

Can somebody explain the simple electrical concepts at play behind this situation: I have a Sansui 881 connected to a pair of B&W DM602S2's and a pair of Pioneer CS-63DX. The specs that I could find are: The B&Ws have a sensitivity of 90dB spl(2.83V, 1m) and Power Hanlding 25W-120W into 8...
  4. B

Balancing speaker volumes with Sansui 881

Hello, I am trying to run a pair of 90's era Bose 301 speakers and 70's Pioneer CS-63DX speakers simultaneously on my Sansui 881 receiver. At any given volume setting the Bose speakers are dramatically quieter than the Pioneer speakers. Both speakers are 8 Ohms. Is there anything that I...
  5. B

881 - Left Phono Channel No Bass

When you say "Because of that missing track..." what are you referring to?? I didn't actually add a link, so somebody may have messed with the board in the past which is why I'm not certain that the jumper and ceramic capacitor are in the correct location on the Left channel. Really wish that I...
  6. B

Thanks! I'm still not (and don't know how I can be) certain of the placement of those ceramic caps on the bottom of the board, since there is no representation of them on the schematic.
  7. B

I will take a good quality and sharp photo of both sides of the board when I get home and let you know what the replacement caps are. If you don't mind detailing how you go about verify the tracks with an Ohm meter, I 'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
  8. B

That I can't say for sure. I bought the receiver on Ebay and after running it through basic testing I began the re-cap. Whether or not there was low frequency content missing from the left phono input channel I didn't notice at the time. There must be something causing this, right...
  9. B

One side of r17 does measure 0 ohms to ground Pin4 of ic01 measures 0 ohms to ground I did replace C03 and one side does measure 0 ohms to ground I re flowed some solder joints and now I get 0.427vdc on the pin 1 side of R07, but sometimes after powering up I get 30vdc at that point, seems...
  10. B

Between pin 1 and 5 on the ICs, I get 1.45vdc on the right and 8.76vdc on the left.
  11. B

Hey Vigman, on photo of my circuit board you have labeled IC01 pins with 1 at top and 7 at bottom. I've been studying the schematic and the board layout image and it looks to me that pin 1 is on bottom, bc it's trace runs through R07 whereas the top pin is a direct feed without a resistor. Am I...
  12. B

I certainly understand. Thanks for the help. So it doesn't seem to be an issue that those two ceramic caps in the solder-side of the board are in different locations per channel. im now noticing that I have 30vdc at pin 1 and R07. R07 is not testing at any resistance whereas in the right...
  13. B

No, I do not have a scope.
  14. B

Now I getno left phono channel audio at all. Could I use a signal tracer to find out where the audio escapes the circuit??? Some way that can check for lifted traces? I know that there's continuitybetween left phono input jack and pad 01 on board
  15. B

So the ceramic caps on the back of the board are supposed to be in different locations? My simple mind would assume the the left and right channels should be identical, so that the audio would pass symmetrically, at the electron level. The schematic appears to be identical between the two sides...
  16. B

I think that I made an amateur mistake in testing R07 and R17....I initially did so with power to circuit ON. With OFF they read as 330k and 820, respectively. In the parts list R15,16 are listed as 2.7k but mine test at 27k
  17. B

When touching two probes together w meter on the Ohm range (not kOhm or MOhm) it reads 000. I tested with a loose 3.3K resistor and a 4.7K resistor and the meter accurately displayed those values.
  18. B

My meter.... When placing probes at opposite end of a resistor, like R07, meter reads zero ohms. I've set the scale for KOhms as its a 330k resistor
  19. B

The "lifted trace" location is a solder pad with no connections, it's pad 05 and there is no wire connected to it.
  20. B

The dark green thing that you are noticing is a jumper. When I originally noticed that the ceramic capacitors were in different places in the two circuits, I had moved the ceramic capacitor on the Left channel to match the placement of the right channel (which meant removing that jumper and...
  21. B

The lower half of the EQ board is more or less symmetrical, like a mirror image except for the locations of that ceramic capacitor.
  22. B

Left channel pin 5 = 10vdc, right channel pin 5 is .637vdc. So left channel is definitely out of spec Regarding R601, on the pin 15 side its 45.6vdc but on the pin 16 side its 31.5vdv For R07 and R17, how can I verify? Can they be tested in circuit? I don't seem to get a reading when I test them.
  23. B

Seriously guys....I really appreciate your willingness to help. Without your guidance I'd be sitting here with a useless device. I'll make more investigations once home tonight.
  24. B

So I get 45.4vdc at pin 15 on the EQ board and at point 14 on the 2437 power board. Both should be 32.5vdc. So that means possibly a bad resistor on the 2437 power board? Doesnt the B1 that feeds the left phono channel at point 15 also feed the right phono channel at point 16.... is this B1...
Back
Top Bottom