Search results

1. S

ADS L880/2

2. S

Sansui AU 717

Hi all, I've been running a Sansui AU 717 with a Pioneer 514 turntable and ADS L880/2 speakers for many years now and have been pleased with it. My question to you all is would there be much to be gained by adding a power amp to this setup or should I just leave it be. Always wanting to...
  3. S

Pioneer PL 518

Trying to rescue this thing, it's in pretty rough shape but salvageable I think. Got to get it running before I start getting to carried away with restoration. When turning it on, the motor spins for a little bit, then stops and just keeps repeating that. I can manually spin the motor with...
  4. S

Speaker Identification Help

Friend of mine sent me these three speaker pics. He said the speakers sound great but is not sure what they are? He said someone told him they might be Utah's??? Can anyone here tell what they are from the pics?? Any help would be appreciated.
  5. S

ADS L710 or L880/2?

Which one would you buy and why?
  6. S

Klipsch Forte

Not real savvy when it comes to these things so would like some advice please. Found a pair for sale and I'm wanting to upgrade. I've only listened to one pair of Klipsch. They were KG4's and to my ears they sounded a little harsh especially on the top end. Is that because of the horns? Do...
  7. S

Polk Monitor 7B

Guy has a set for sale that look to be in very good condition. Wanting 350.00 for the pair. What do you think?
  8. S

Technics SA 818

I bought this amp for literally 5.00. It needed some work, so it's getting serviced/recapped and I will be getting it back soon. It's rated at 110 wpc and I was looking for some advice on speakers to pair it with. I don't normally listen to my music loud but will now have the ability too if I...
  9. S

Klipsch KG4

Would be a big step up from my KLH Model 32's??? Seem a little on the high side? https://wichita.craigslist.org/ele/d/kg-series-kg-4-floor-standing/6503584910.html
  10. S

Any Fisher gurus on here?

I've read through many lengthy threads on here about Fisher speakers but can't seem to find the Power Handling for the model XP1A. Anyone have any idea what that might be???
  11. S

KLH Speakers

I have a set of the Model 32's. In great shape, sound great but when I bought them one was missing a badge. I found a badge on ebay. My question is a simple/stupid one but are those just attached with glue and if so, any recommendation on what type?
  12. S

Which is better?

Looking at upgrading my receiver, want something with a few more watts. Right now I'm limited on space so I kind of have to keep an eye out for how big the unit is. I've narrowed it down to for now......Sony Str 6055 or a Pioneer SA 510 or 610. Advice/experience with these units would be much...
  13. S

Can you identify these?

I hate when Auction site put up pics but no description of items. Anyone have any idea what kind of speakers these are??
  14. S

technics sb cx 700

Can get these for a song. Nice looking speakers and heavy too. Problem is tweeters are bad and doesn't look original replacements are available. My question is, do I just need to find some 8 ohm tweeters to replace them?? I would just be using these for garage speakers and for some of my...
  15. S

KLH Model 5 or Polk Monitor 7's

Which one would you buy??
  16. S

Akai AM 2200 and AT 2200

Have a chance to buy these, get to test it out first but haven't make the trip yet. Guy is asking 75.00 for the pair. Yay or nay??
  17. S

Lafayette LR 810

Just acquired this thing for nothing. Man does it sound sweet!! Dial lamps, stereo indicator light and tuning meter all not working. I don't see where this thing has any dial lights. Can anyone confirm this?
  18. S

Pioneer PL A45D

Found this is in a storage shed, covered with dirt. Did some rough cleaning on it, basically just getting all the dirt off of it. Had an old belt laying around, popped it on, put a test record on it and worked fine. Well I thought what a deal so I really cleaned her up, cleaned up good, dust...
  19. S

Advent 4002

What would you pay for a pair of these that are in good shape? I haven't got to listen to them yet, so not sure how good they are working. Guy is asking 200.00 for the pair, I was thinking more like 100.00??
  20. S

See what I can stir up :-)

Alright, I'm going to humiliate myself and tell you what my current (humble) system consists of: Receiver - Pioneer SX 434 (Works well, I have a small listening space) Cassette Deck - AKAI GXC-725D CD Player - Phillips CD920 Turntable that I have hooked up to it right now is a Pioneer PL-400...
  21. S

Pioneer PL-514

Just got this thing and it works great other than the auto return is not a smooth return to it's cradle, got a couple of small pauses or jerks if you will on it's return. Is this normal behavior for a 514?
  22. S

Pioneer PL 115 D

Had this for awhile, hooked it up today and not getting much sound out of it. Tried two different headshells and cartridges with the same result. Took a paper clip and straightened it out and touched it to the 4 pins inside the tonearm. Looking face on at tone arm here are my results: Top...
  23. S

Panasonic Stuff

I am currently the high bidder for this stuff, can't find much info on it. Looks to be in good shape, receiver is a SS 7800. Hard to tell what the turntable is. Anyone care to chime in here? Here is the link https://www.equip-bid.com/auction/2217/item/125
  24. S

Dyanco A25

Would these be worth the $$$ http://kansascity.craigslist.org/ele/5415963894.html
  25. S

Pioneer PL 112d

Picked one of these up for 20.00. Had no sound, stylus was bad. Put another headshell on and it works like a champ. Was wondering if anyone could identify the cartridge that come with the table. No markings on it whatsoever. Wanted to see if I could get a new stylus for it, may just have to...
Back
Top Bottom