Search results

1. vk7hch

Finally got a semi decent system together.

Keeping the 80's theme going, added a musicolor to the room. Memories!
  2. vk7hch

Amp Standing On Side Or End?

Works the opposite way in the Southern Hemisphere tho.
  3. vk7hch

Optonica was the high end products from Sharp. This was their best turntable. There was a full lineup of 71xx series components, along with a slightly lower 51xx series and also a 31xx series. It has a novel second arm parallel with the tonearm that houses a sensor at the end to feed the...
  4. vk7hch

Have You Seen Or Owned a Spinning Record Rack Like This?

About the only place you can say " That is a nice rack" and get away with it.
  5. vk7hch

Score

Was over at my favourite tip shop yesterday, and whilst walking up the path, I was perusing the new arrivals. I saw a large pair of speakers sitting on a trolley and jokingly asked how much for them. I wandered off, the lady came and found me and said $30. I went to look at them and discovered...
  6. vk7hch

Amber was originally made in Charlottesville USA,then they moved to Melbourne AUS. My preamp is US, power amp made down under. They are still around, very out of my price range these days.
  7. vk7hch

Looks like my music room is stuck in the 80's at the moment, my vintage system components were all made between 81 and 85 I believe. Polk Audio SDA 1A with interconnect cable. Amber Series 70 Mark V amp Amber Model 17 Mark V Full Function preamp Denon DR -M22 tape deck Optonica RP-7100...
  8. vk7hch

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Love over gold, Dire Straits on my Polk Audio SDA 1A's. Smoooooth
  9. vk7hch

Rate YOUR Speakers You Own Right NOW.

Top of my tree is my Polk Audio SDA 1A's, they sound incredible. Next in front firing speakers is my Wharfdale diamond 3's Top multi-directional speakers are my Sonab OA 14's The SDA 1A's scare my with their voice coil excursion, any moment I am expecting them to pop completely out.
  10. vk7hch

What are you listening to right now on your cassette deck?

Don Henley, Building the Perfect Beast
  11. vk7hch

Optonica RP-7100

Had to travel to the other side of town today to pick the wife up, I left a little early so that I could go visit the tip shop over there. They have had some decent retro electronics there before and you never know. Got talking to the guy behind the counter and he took me out the back to see...
  12. vk7hch

What TT's do you folks have

Normally use a Yamaha YP-211 belt drive with my Shure V15 MkIII and Jico SAS However, today, I picked up a Sharp Optonica Rp-7100 for the princely sum of $25. It has the APLD system, Automatic Program Locate Device, a sensor to detect the shiny gap between the tracks and automatically move the...
  13. vk7hch

Welcome to the Solid State Forum!

Like most people here, I came across AK by googling a model number to see what info was about on it. It seems like almost any piece of HI-Fi gear you can name, someone has mentioned it here! Current VSS is in the listening room: Yamaha TT with Shure V15 MkIII, Amber Full Function Model 17 pre...
  14. vk7hch

POWER AMPS, the coolest, craziest power amps ever

I also gove a nod to the Phase Linear 700B series, my step father had a pair, and to my undyng joy, whenever he powered them up at night, the street light outside our house flickered briefly. Just the thing a 15 year old appreciates.
  15. vk7hch

Hello from Tasmania

Greetings all, new member from Tasmania, the southern most state of Australia. Background: As a teen growing up, mum remarried and my step-father introduced me to HI-FI (and the strap, cane etc...) He had a Technics SL1000 direct drive with Denon 303D into a Phase Linear 4000 into 2xPhase...
Back
Top Bottom