Search results

1. Professor Bizzt

My Yamaha PX-2 is finally up and running

Thank you everyone for your kind words, I appreciate it. Best wishes, Alan
  2. Professor Bizzt

Still no belts for Yamaha PX-3

Just another battle with a fight picker... Some people just revel in provoking others to action and laboriously uncovering the most infinitesimal flaw in their writings whether it be grammar, articulation, spelling, or otherwise. I never cease to be amazed at the time they have at their...
  3. Professor Bizzt

Still no belts for Yamaha PX-3

"Nonsense" from Professor Bizzt pfcs49.... Take more care that you do not misquote me. This is what I DO say regarding these arms: "It is not uncommon to find very poor quality advice on internet audio forums regarding "cures" for PX-2 and PX-3 tonearms. Some of the recommended "cures"...
  4. Professor Bizzt

Hello, I PM you a week or so ago about your Ashly FET-2000M power amp. Please let me know...

Hello, I PM you a week or so ago about your Ashly FET-2000M power amp. Please let me know whether or not you would like to part with this. Please let me know you received this email. Thanks, Alan alan1618@comcast.net
  5. Professor Bizzt

The best Japanese SLT turntables. A comparison.

Reliability concerns Hello Persil, I could not decide how to best shorten your text to use a quote, so I just did a simple post instead. I have already stated this before, but these tables are more complex and there is a slight risk to owning them, but this level of complexity is necessary to...
  6. Professor Bizzt

That was an interesting project of mine. Note the custom white inside. That was a total strip-down, major plinth repair, and rebuild. Best wishes, Professor Bizzt
  7. Professor Bizzt

Pioneer spring seats Hello Lawrence, I have been very busy and have not been able to post much here at AK lately. *****EDITED BY MODERATOR TO REMOVE SALES CONTENT***** Best wishes, Professor Bizzt
  8. Professor Bizzt

Akai GX-636 open reel will not go into play mode

Problem solved Hello everyone, The sole problem turned out to be IC5. It works fine now after replacing IC5. Best wishes, Professor Bizzt
  9. Professor Bizzt

Pioneer pl l1000 setting up to correct bias/azumuth

On the existence of "zenith"... Hi Ed, As everyone should know by now, I have a lot of respect for your experience and for you in general, but are you not using a tonearm geometry term that does not exist? Please educate me if I am wrong, but the term we are referring to here is...
  10. Professor Bizzt

Never touch your Pioneer "security" screws... Hello Pio, I am not sure what "security" screws you are referring to, but if you are referring to any of the 6 tonearm assembly mounting screws, I could not more strongly recommend that no one ever loosen these to "adjust" any form of arm...
  11. Professor Bizzt

Zenith? What is zenith??? Hello Lawrence, "Zenith"? Unless I am loosing what's left of my small mind, there is no such term used in turntable geometry. If I am correct, we need to permanently refrain from using this term less others become more confused, (some permanently). There is only...
  12. Professor Bizzt

SLT turntables don't skate, they sing.... There is no skating force inherent to these turntables, therefore there is no anti-skating or "bias" adjustment. Period. Ever.... I have a question Lawrence Sk8ter. You would not, by any chance, also be Lawrence beveridge2sw, would you? Best...
  13. Professor Bizzt

Strain Gauge catridges

Please do.... Again, I'm passing the ball to a better runner than me. I am taking a break for awhile. P.S. My time on Audio Karma has come to an end. It has been an enlightening experience for me, to say the least. Best wishes, Professor Bizzt
  14. Professor Bizzt

Strain Gauge catridges

Thanks Pio....... Best wishes, Professor Bizzt
  15. Professor Bizzt

Strain Gauge catridges

Review of the Panasonic EPC-450C & EPC-450C-II OK everyone, I have uploaded Audio Magazine's 1974 review of the Panasonic EPC-450C & EPC-450C-II strain gauge cartridges to the "Digital Docs" section of this website. For those (like me) who have a hard time trying to find this section, from...
  16. Professor Bizzt

Strain Gauge catridges

Hello everyone, Just when I thought I would enjoy a temporary retirement from AK...... I will try to get this article scanned and uploaded. Someone please tell me where to upload it or tell me how to attach it to a post here, or.... I would think the best place to upload it to would be the...
  17. Professor Bizzt

Strain Gauge catridges

Hello Flavio81, Well, first everyone should know that I'm not a real professor. This is just a nickname I was given due to some experiments I was doing at the time. I have collected quite a bit of information on turntables and some on strain gauge cartridges, but it is all on my other...
  18. Professor Bizzt

Strain Gauge catridges

Thank you Susurus. I picked it out myself. My friends say it fits me well. Best wishes...
  19. Professor Bizzt

On desirable colorations in audio equipment. We need to talk...

Attempt at clarity Hello everyone, My ability to articulate is inconsistent at best. I am never completely happy with my wording. Please allow me another opportunity to fine tune my original post to this thread. In order to help make sense of this discussion, I think it would be best to...
  20. Professor Bizzt

On desirable colorations in audio equipment. We need to talk...

Hello everyone, There is a very large and important subject that is now way overdue for some seriously intelligent debate. For many years now the music reproduction industry has been bending over backwards to appease and encourage those searching for their own personal version of audio...
  21. Professor Bizzt

Strain Gauge catridges

Who is Professor Bizzt? It is I.. Is there a question for me? Best wishes, Professor Bizzt
  22. Professor Bizzt

Hello beveridge2sw, This has absolutely nothing to do with my counterweight mod.... The only place I am going with this is doing my best to answer a question properly and thoroughly that was asked. Best wishes, Professor Bizzt
  23. Professor Bizzt

Tracking error accuracy limitations of SLT turntables Hello Sk8ter, Yes, that is normal for a PL-L1000 or any non air bearing SLT turntable, as there are limitations in the ability of the carriage to keep up with rapidly changing tracking errors. This characteristic is a non-issue, and does...
  24. Professor Bizzt

Spindle hole off-centering & wow Hello Lawrence, If we rotate an object at a fixed RPM, say 33 1/3 RPM, and measure the velocity at different points along a radii from the spindle, we will see that as we measure the velocity at points further along the radii away from the spindle, the...
  25. Professor Bizzt

Dealing with record eccentricity Hello beveridge2sw, The PL-L1000 and PL-L1000A (like most turntables) do not really "deal" with record eccentricity. The fact that they incorporate a SLT tonearm does not solve the problem of record spindle hole non-centering that induces wow into the signal...
Back
Top Bottom