Search results

1. D

Peach tree Nova 150 reviews?

Any interest in bringing this thread back to life. These peachtree amps seem like nobrainers. Lot of power for the money. My problem is I have vintage ar3a speakers. I’m not sure about mixing a modern class d amplifier with these vintage speakers. I think the amount of power in the nova125...
  2. D

Powering my AR3a’s

So any thoughts on the peachtree nova 150/300 ? Or any thoughts on mixing vintage speakers with modern amplifier. I love that the peachtree can handle sound down to 2.5 ohm.
  3. D

Powering my AR3a’s

Lots of great advice thanks for your opinions. I’m curious if anyone has ever thought about using a peachtree nova to power the ar3a it’s a type D amplifier. So I’m not really sure how they would work together but the 150 is $1,500 with gobbs of power seems like a no brainer or for 500 more the...
  4. D

Powering my AR3a’s

I guess with 120 watts per channel into 8omh I can probably feel pretty safe. Maybe I take silentnet’s advice and put the money into restoring the pioneer. And put the rest into some good msfl’s
  5. D

Powering my AR3a’s

I’m pretty happy with the sound my only concern is that the pioneer may be under powering them and I would like to crank them a little more with out fear of blowing them out
  6. D

Powering my AR3a’s

Great full potential? I think you’re speaking my language LOL
  7. D

Powering my AR3a’s

I like that idea thanks
  8. D

Powering my AR3a’s

Seems like the popular opinion is a vintage marantz. I worry a little bit about that because I’m not a fix it yourself kind of guy. Any thoughts on my current Pioneer Sx-3900 like putting some money in to it to restore it? Or maybe even buying a more powerful receiver. The pioneer sounds good...
  9. D

Powering my AR3a’s

Hello to all, I was hoping to get some advice. I have a pair of restored AR3a speakers. I’m currently driving them with a Pioneer Sx-3900. I’ve been thinking about getting an integrated amplifier and selling off the pioneer to help pay for the amp. I’ve been looking at the Marantz Pm8006...
  10. D

AR LST question

I guess the smart thing to do here is to really take stock of what I have and what I want to accomplish. I do think that the Rotel will be able to drive either the lst’s or the a3s.
  11. D

AR LST question

I also have a Rotel RB 985mkii amp which I think is up to the challenge. And I aslo own a pioneer sx-3900
  12. D

AR3a speaker question

Hopefully I didn’t violate and posting rules mentioning all those prices
  13. D

AR3a speaker question

Hi Glenn, lst’s are 2k out the door. The 3a’s that are 7 hours away are 700. And oh yeah there’s another pair of 3a’s supposed to be in great condition inside and out for 1500 out the door and much closer to home. Come to think of it I’m not sure if I have sufficient power for the lst’s. Oh boy...
  14. D

AR3a speaker question

Swechsler, Yes to your first point there’s no way I want to do that drive for the 3a’s. Besides I’m really thinking about taking another look at the lst’s and just bitting the bullett and getting those. I can make the room work. Thanks for all of your comments. And especially offers of...
  15. D

AR3a speaker question

Thanks for the info I have to think hard about it. The seller is more than 7 hours away from me. He said that he might be willing to drive 2 hours to to make it a little easier for me. But then I won’t have the option to listen to them drivers. Actually seems a little bit to motivated, makes...
  16. D

AR3a speaker question

hello to you all I have a question about a possible problem with a pair of speakers I am interested in buying. I’m not really versed in this stuff so I’m hoping someone out there can give me some insight. These are AR3a’s for a very reasonable price but here’s the problem and these are the...
  17. D

Turntable advise

Great stuff thanks to all for the advice and conversation. I think I am going to go with the Ortofon blue. Seems like a great cartridge and reasonable pricing. Thanks again!
  18. D

AR LST question

Hello all I am in the process of buying a pair of the afore mentioned speakers. I actually have a small deposit on them. I’m going to ask the seller what restoration he’s done but I’m a real novice at this point. Any suggestions on the type of questions I should be asking? I really want those...
  19. D

Turntable advise

I understand bro. The way I look at it is at this point in my life 57 yrs old if the improvement is significant I’m going for it. Thanks have a great day
  20. D

Turntable advise

It’s fine and a good fit for the table but there’s better.
  21. D

Turntable advise

Thanks for your advice. I will definitely consider those suggestions. Have a great day.
  22. D

Turntable advise

So it’s been a long time coming but I finally got my technics sl-1700. And I love it. Question is this it has a Shure M97xE cart. Is there another cartridge under say 400 dollars that would give me significantly better sound or should I just stick with the Shure. Thanks ahead of time for your...
  23. D

Bose acoustimass series iii

Thanks ahead of time for your useful productive comments. ok I know everyone hates Bose. That being said I have the acoustimass 10 series 3 system professionally installed in a house I bought 5 years ago. So it’s probably 10-15 years old so I can’t take it back. So please don’t tell me too. My...
  24. D

Need urgent help! Elac B6 vs KEF q100

Well I’m going to bring this thread back to life because I am deciding between the same 2 speakers right now the elac b6 or the kef q100 the kef being 50 bucks more. One thing that confuses me is warm vs. bright. I have heard the kef described as a more warm sound while the elac is more...
  25. D

Technics SL-1200GR & SL-1210GR

Ah I see thanks for the information.
Back
Top Bottom