Search results

1. MBuras

Sansui 9090 (not DB) only some function lights working

Many thanks for the participation on this thread. It was exactly what I needed to move forward. Issue fixed. So there was some confusion on my part back a few posts because I said the power was coming in on pin 39 but @kwayde asked if I was sure and said it should be coming in on 41 (that's...
  2. MBuras

I tried putting a little extra bend in that contact you mentioned and got continuity through all the functions while the switch was on my desk. But reinstalled I still have the same old issue. I'm afraid to open it up for a 4th time but cleaning is almost all that makes sense at this point. It...
  3. MBuras

That was my assessment as well but nothing I clean with seems to be improving the situation. I did reflow all those pins just in case. The voltage isn't making it through the wafer for aux and phono. This is going to sound silly but it's almost like the contact on the front wafer is a little...
  4. MBuras

EDIT: FIXED Was wrapping up a quick tuneup which has now become a long drawn out headache. The function lights for only phono and aux do not illuminate. Replaced bulbs with no effect. Checked power, fuses, etc. The 6.5vac power is present at pin 39, and is transferred to the function bulbs for...
  5. MBuras

Marantz 2215 - Lost left channel in FM stereo after re-cap

Did you take note of this capacitor error on the board?
  6. MBuras

Pioneer SX-950

It should be just fine to bump that up slightly from 1/4 to 1/2 watt (service manual specs the original as 1/4 watt). Assuming you don't have the correct one available and really need to replace the old one.
  7. MBuras

Sony TA-1150 Build Thread

it’s been 5 years so my memory is a little fuzzy on this one. I think the outer cap on the tone control is just pressure fit. The inner section probably has a set screw (Allen head?).
  8. MBuras

Sony TA-1150 Build Thread

My notes show I used ksc2690ays and ksa1220ays for replacements (pinout is different!). I do know Sonys seem to be finicky about drivers and outputs. Although this one worked fine I’ve had problems subbing modern transistors with other Sonys since then. You might create a new post and see what...
  9. MBuras

Marantz 1120 thoughs

I actually like my 1120 more than my 1200. Very nice integrated.
  10. MBuras

Marantz 1060B Rebuild & Troubleshooting

Don’t have a list but most everything is kept at stock values. Usually source from Mouser or Digikey depending on who has stock of what I want.
  11. MBuras

Anyone put in a mouser order of late?

Thx. I was looking for 945CGTA, not the CYTA. Settled for the BU version. Only difference is the kinked legs which I prefer. Stupid little thing but whatever. I’ll take what I can get these days. Also stocked up on some 1815 :thumbsup:
  12. MBuras

Anyone put in a mouser order of late?

Ordered $125 (25 lines) from Mouser on Tuesday afternoon about 3pm. Got shipping notification at 6:30pm. Order arrived via FedEx 2 days later. Accurately picked. Only had to sub 2 items when placing my order but did notice stock levels are really low on some Nichicon UPW caps. Interesting to...
  13. MBuras

Really weird issue with Kenwood KR-4400

I’ll let the experts guide you with the troubleshooting, but if any photos/info are needed I just finished rebuilding one of these a few months ago and it’s still on hand. Assuming you have the power board from the manual (x00-1460-10), then dk5 (d5 on the board screenprint) is just under the...
  14. MBuras

marantz sr7000g question

I’ll give ya a bump. But this is not a very popular receiver so you might wait a while for a pic. Good luck
  15. MBuras

Technics SA-303 Receiver Dial Lamps

You’re asking for help on a Technics receiver in the Kenwood forum. You might try posting over in Solid State for better results.
  16. MBuras

Main caps for Kenwood 600

This one claims to be 51mm x 79mm. 75v 19000uf. https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Cornell-Dubilier-CDE/DCMC193U075BB2B?qs=8kBc1%252BPe71dngKYW5N0xFA%3D%3D I didn’t look at the datasheet so you might want to check that for anything that won’t work in your application.
  17. MBuras

Kenwood KR-4070 Recap list

I'm with @HPMguy that learning how to create your own list is the way to go. That said I need some audio karma and I already have the list so it'll save him some time going through the SM. This was generated on a KR-4070 I worked on 2 years ago and in no way guarantees the exact same parts are...
  18. MBuras

Kenwood KR-4400 Documented

While I was working on a basket case KR-4400 I noticed there didn't seem to be much info on the forum about this model. This thread is just meant to document the components I found inside my receiver. There weren't many variations from the service manual other than the main amp board...
  19. MBuras

It’s the very next line on that same post. Omron G2RG-2A4-DC24. Looks like it’s still available...

It’s the very next line on that same post. Omron G2RG-2A4-DC24. Looks like it’s still available from Mouser. Probably others as well.
  20. MBuras

Kenwood KS4000R

Appears to be a few discussions on AK over the years about this receiver. https://www.google.com/search?q=kenwood+ks4000r+site:audiokarma.org&rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS728US728&hl=en-US&prmd=smixvn&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiOgpOhl5HzAhULbs0KHQZtBbYQrQIoAnoECAoQAw&biw=1024&bih=653&dpr=2 Reading through them looks...
  21. MBuras

Sansui AU-101 oddity on D001 double diode

Well I guess part of the mystery is solved. I found the other half of the dual diode under the board. Opened the bottom panel to start some troubleshooting and found it. Might as well touch up that solder joint while I'm in there. Looks suspect. Maybe they ran out of 10DC-1's that week on...
  22. MBuras

That’s interesting. I’ll definitely be posting a thread on what I found in mine that differs from the rest. Lots of differences from your image including no emitter resistors on mine.
  23. MBuras

Took in a Sansui AU-101 on trade knowing it has the left channel out and would need restoration. No problem. Comes up on DBT just fine and sure enough left channel not working. I'll address that later. At the moment I'm documenting all the parts I'll need for the restoration (once I fix the...
  24. MBuras

Marantz 2325 PH01 Buffer Amp Diagnosis

I mentioned the markings issue in my original post. Here is a direct link with the 2325 info in the middle of the first post. https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/marantz-service-manual-error-thread.375907/ Make sure you verify how the original was oriented and to what traces it was...
  25. MBuras

Finally had some good deals come my way on equipment that needs a helping hand. Digging back...

Finally had some good deals come my way on equipment that needs a helping hand. Digging back into restoration for a bit.
Back
Top Bottom