Search results

1. mgb1985

Tekton Owners Thread

Nice prep work! It looks like you glued the bigger cap to the inside of the cabinet wall for stability. Good idea! Keep us updated on your impressions over time. Thx!
  2. mgb1985

Tekton Owners Thread

Interesting, so it may be only a mod for one of the mid drivers in each speaker. That would definitely have a subtle effect. By the way, the steps by Zero Fidelity mention installing the resistors using a positive and negative orientation. However, resistors have no polarity so it doesn't matter...
  3. mgb1985

Tekton Owners Thread

Hi Mysticriver, My DIs are not in an optimum setting, but I clearly prefer the sound sitting down over standing up. Just my $.02...
  4. mgb1985

Tekton Owners Thread

Hi Butchgo, Are you out in the Spokane area? It is beautiful out there!
  5. mgb1985

Tekton Owners Thread

Hi Rocky500, I noticed the video doesn't specify how the two resistors are to be mounted. I'm guessing that you need two (150 ohm, 10W) per DI speaker, one for each mid driver and they are intended to be connected in parallel with each driver. That would shunt part of the signal sent to the mid...
  6. mgb1985

Tekton Owners Thread

I have a Schiit Bifrost DAC & Lyr2 tube headphone amp that sound great with my array of cans, so I'm familiar with their offerings. Enjoy the Freya!
  7. mgb1985

Tekton Owners Thread

Hi Calestus, That Schiitt preamp looks really nice, especially for only $700!
  8. mgb1985

Tekton Owners Thread

Hi Rickmusicman, If you really want to try tubes, the Vincent Audio line of preamps get a lot of positive press. The SA 31 hybrid stereo preamplifier, which combines tubes with solid state goes for about $700. Their more expensive SA 31MK model is well regarded by the Absolute Sound, but goes...
  9. mgb1985

Tekton Owners Thread

Hi Rickmusicman, It really comes down to personal taste, but I would probably go with the Parasound, since the Odyssey amps do not have true differential (balanced) inputs. I chose the Emotiva because I was pairing it with their monoblock amps that are fully balanced. I generally prefer a more...
  10. mgb1985

Tekton Owners Thread

I had read about this issue in the Tekton thread on avsforum. I was concerned at the time, but after reading all the way through that thread and the audiokarma thread, I felt it had to be an anomaly. However, just to be on the safe side, I was very happy to see the extra drivers in the DIs. I...
  11. mgb1985

Tekton Owners Thread

Hi Chuck Mac, Looks like we have similar musical preferences! The DIs work great for all types of music, but they can also kick butt with rock!!! As they say, "there's no replacement for displacement" and those dual 10" drivers were designed for live venues, so they can also play loud! Have...
  12. mgb1985

Tekton Owners Thread

Hi Rickmusicman, When I was looking for a SS preamp to drive a pair of Emotiva XPA-1L Gen2 monoblocks for my DIs, I wanted a very low noise floor preamp, as an alternate to my tube preamps that did not work well with the high efficiency of the DIs (probably due to defective tubes). I was...
  13. mgb1985

Tekton Owners Thread

Hey Calestus, that's great to hear! I know you've been wanting to get them for a few months now. You're in for a treat! :beerchug:
  14. mgb1985

Tekton Owners Thread

Hi Rob, That should be a killer home theater system!!! As far as Blue Jeans Cables, they are very well built cables that will last for many years. They use basic, quality, parts throughout. Ideal for home theater and simple audio systems and the cost is very reasonable. Another lower cost brand...
  15. mgb1985

Tekton Owners Thread

Patiently waiting for mine...:)
  16. mgb1985

Tekton Owners Thread

Thanks, Dylster! Below the Emotiva XSP-1 is an Onkyo C-S5VL SACD/CD player, Music Hall DAC 25.3, Squeezebox Touch & a pair of Emotiva XPA-1L G2 monoblocks. I tried a couple of tube preamps (ASL MG OTL 32 DT & Odyssey Audio Candela), but both had unacceptably high noise floors with these highly...
  17. mgb1985

Tekton Owners Thread

Actually, it's a cat on an ottoman. He's well behaved, but I still have the fireplace covers in front of the bottom half of the speakers, just in case! Also, that's why the fake plant is on top of the preamp, as he likes warm places...:D
  18. mgb1985

Tekton Owners Thread

Hey guys, I thought I'd share a pic of the Double Impacts in our library. There is a couple of feet of available space to the right of the right speaker. However, due to the room shape and furniture, I felt there would be too much reflection off the front wall and record cabinet, so I tried to...
  19. mgb1985

Tekton Owners Thread

Interesting, you're one of the only owners of the Brilliance, on this site, to give your personal point of view. Let us know what you think after a few weeks. Thx!
  20. mgb1985

Tekton Owners Thread

While waiting for the grills, I'm using a couple of fireplace screens that cover the front 3' from critters. Seems to work well, but may not be stable enough for a child.
  21. mgb1985

Tekton Owners Thread

Thanks for the link! :)
  22. mgb1985

Tekton Owners Thread

Congratulations on getting the Pendragons!!!
  23. mgb1985

Tekton Owners Thread

Hi MHZenith, you probably won't have any issues with the amp, as you would be presenting a higher (easier) load to the 4 ohm taps. It may effect the sound, a bit. Just make sure that only one set of speakers is running when the Double Impacts are powered.
  24. mgb1985

Tekton Owners Thread

Hi Seminole54, I remember reading that Sandy Gross was asked "What now?", after the success of the Triton One speakers. I think he wanted to explore building speakers without the price constraints of their current line. However, I'll bet they still have the GoldenEar "house" sound, just with a...
  25. mgb1985

Tekton Owners Thread

I've been so glad I was able to get a pair! Had to sell my Maggies to make it happen, but well worth it!;)
Back
Top Bottom