Search results

1. bando281

Working on a SA-9100, I'm impressed

I can’t wait to hear what you think of it once you’re completed with the resto Zeb. I’m pretty much set for gear with the exception of a SA-9100 (one day), but if it’s anything like the 1010, I bet it would be a winner for sure.
  2. bando281

SX-737 Function Switch

Unfortunately no, it wouldn’t work. The function selector shaft is quite a bit longer than the record selector shaft. I had a broken selector switch shaft in my SX-737 and ended up getting a replacement on eBay. If you’re careful, you can actually leave the switch in place and just replace the...
  3. bando281

Pioneer SX1980 - you wont believe this.

This is such an excellent adventure; excited to see you bring your 1980 back from the brink!!!
  4. bando281

My Dad passed away early this morning

My condolences Bob, I'm sorry for your loss.
  5. bando281

sx-1010 developed Crackling & Popping Sound overnight

I'm glad you got it running; the 1010 is a nice, nice, NICE sounding receiver. :beerchug:
  6. bando281

SX-1250 - ideal turntable and speakers?

I agree with grillebilly; your 1250 can make just about anything sound good. When I got mine, it replaced a mid '90's Sony stereo receiver that had 100W per channel driving a pair of JBL TLX 151's (nothing fancy, Google has some info on them) from the same era. They sounded pretty meh with the...
  7. bando281

SX-1010 ... Standing at the Crossroads

I agree with WE6C on you keeping it. My dad still has his SX-880 that he purchased from the local hardware store; we have a lot of memories of my sisters and I watching the power meters and of him recording us onto his old TEAC tape recorder. Things will work out and you'll have that 1010...
  8. bando281

PIONEER SX 780 PROTECTION RELAY

I have a 780 also that I am planning on re-capping in the future and I'm always wondering what would be the best replacement for the Darlingtons if or when they end up going kaput. Please let us know what you end up going with!!
  9. bando281

Pioneer SX-680 recap

Nice! I'm building up the nerve (well, skills mostly) to re-cap a 780 that's being used in the bedroom. If it's not too different from your 680, I think it should be a good project to start with. Overall, can you tell a difference in the sound quality?
  10. bando281

Fargo? Did somebody say Fargo? Hello from Fargo!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody! It's cool to see who all has a Fargo or ND connection on this site; it's easy to assume that we are all alone up here in regards to the audio stuff. Thanks again!!
  11. bando281

Fargo? Did somebody say Fargo? Hello from Fargo!!!

Yup, it's pretty obvious, you now have a new member from Fargo. Actually, I became a subscriber quite some time ago, but have been residing as a lurker until now. Even so, I have gotten more help and guidance from simply searching these forums than I ever thought possible...THANK YOU to...
  12. bando281

So I got that going for me...which is nice.

So I got that going for me...which is nice.
Back
Top Bottom