Search results

1. Bill Ashton

R.I.P. Dickey Betts

Saw ABB on the Boston Common during "Summer Thing" in the early '70's, and just recently acquired what must be a bootleg of their performance. Good Memories, RIP Dickie :confused:
  2. Bill Ashton

What is your Holy Grail turn table?

I greatly desire a Realistic/ELAC Miracord 45, with single, LP and 45 working spindles, wood base and dust cover with handles..."Sigh" ;)
  3. Bill Ashton

April 13th 2024 FrankenFest in West Boylston, MA - & T-shirts

Brothers and Sisters, I ordered and received an XXL t-shirt, but it turns out to be too large for me. If anyone has a new XL that they would like to trade for my new, unused, unwashed XXL, you can PM me.
  4. Bill Ashton

The Good Morning (Your First Logon for the Day) Thread

'Afternoon all...just got call from PA at walk in clinic, nothing broken that radiologist can see, he ordered Voltaren ointment 4 times a day and see an ortho doc next week...yeah, like I'll get an appointment that soon! But the PA put me through a series of movements I didn't think I could do...
  5. Bill Ashton

Mornin', 48°F/~9°C, partly cloudy. Went to a great concert Saturday night in Peterborough NH, Jay Ungar and Molly Mason. Jay is a fiddler, wrote Ashokan Farewell for Ken Burns and a bunch of other stuff over a long career. Following a light meal before the concert, I stepped off a too high...
  6. Bill Ashton

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

In bathroom of pub in Peterborough, NH
  7. Bill Ashton

April 13th 2024 FrankenFest in West Boylston, MA - & T-shirts

Here are a few cell phone shots to give a "flavor" of the gathering. Once again a big thanks to Jim...and to Ed for "kitchen management," and to Billy for great American Chop Suey! :thumbsup:
  8. Bill Ashton

quality rca cables....is there a difference?

Man you are way behind the times...its PBI now, though you won't have the range of colors you did before :D:p
  9. Bill Ashton

Morning all, 59°F/15°C, raining hard as a cow peeing on a flat rock! Forecasters have been wrong about the start of this for two days, so no real telling when it will end. AK Frankenfest tomorrow, and seems like we always have rain for that! Keep safe everyone.
  10. Bill Ashton

What are you reading Thread??

Swan For The Money, by Donna Andrews. A cozy mystery/comedy set in modern Virginia. Does kind of draw you in, but not as good as M.C. Beatons works, which are more serious without a cast of almost slapstick characters...
  11. Bill Ashton

Which Used Subaru Forester Would You Buy?

Hey, more importantly, but off topic...how you feelin' man? Perhaps the fact you are looking for a new vehicle must mean "pretty good" to GREAT! Very happy for you :thumbsup:
  12. Bill Ashton

Morning all, 44°F/~7°C, overcast, foggy and supposedly showers off and on all day, but heavy rains like the South not until tonight. No plans. Keep yourselves safe! And dry!
  13. Bill Ashton

Gas Prices

Last time I topped off a few days ago, Mobil was $ 3.24/gallon for Regular (87 Octane).
  14. Bill Ashton

Mornin' all, 44°F and dark! Just up for glass of milk. Eclipse was unremarkable in Central Mass, just barely sort of "1/2 hr before sundown ambient." Never did look up at it. Be safe!
  15. Bill Ashton

When AK members - friends - silently disappear

Have we lost @Mr Pig , or did I miss something along the way? He always seemed to be getting some high end piece I had no knowledge of and enjoyed his threads and reviews...
  16. Bill Ashton

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I don't even know this album but I LOVE the cover...prolly due to the fact that I looked at this scene several times...well, more than several...in a "past life." Radio from Chief..."Are you gonna put some WATER ON THIS THING!" :):p:D Response..."uh Chief, did you manage to stop that train...
  17. Bill Ashton

labels for cables

At one time there was a thing called "Brady markers." I found that the zip ties with the label flag did not work well for me...so I am using the P-Touch system and that seems to work well. My first try was simply making a masking tape "flag," and it lasted...and lasted...but when you wanted to...
  18. Bill Ashton

Cat guard !

^^^ Agreed, vet bill for lacerated paw or worse. Only once, did I see Tux reach up to my Bose 901's...he ran away fast when I bellowed at him. Used trash bags over the speakers (for not a long while) when not in use and never had a problem again. Present Optimus1's and B&O's never had a...
  19. Bill Ashton

Best little table radio?

We've got a Tivoli I bought a few years ago as a present for my wife. Seems our problem is it is very susceptible to multipath distortion (I think) in low end of FM band (where the NPR stations are) almost anywhere in our house...did not work out as a replacement kitchen radio, sadly. I have...
  20. Bill Ashton

I'm late! I'm late! Good afternoon everyone... 45°F/ 7°C, overcast and still; had rain last night apparently, took care of some of last Thursday's snow...but mostly I think it just sucked up more water. This afternoon probably includes food shopping, guitar or mandolin practice, mystery novel...
  21. Bill Ashton

For the ones old enough: did in the '50's and early '60's where optimistic?

I guess I have a different prospective... Growing up in this time just was growing up. Lucky to be in middle class family, father had good work and mother worked part time. We (as children) were not insulated from the world, we watched the TV news every night. We were scared of Sputnik and...
  22. Bill Ashton

@mkane , have flocks of sparrows and black-eyed juncos foraging in the back yard through the snow cover...should I cast a net for you? Might get a downy woodpecker or two off the hanging suet...:p;)
  23. Bill Ashton

What is the best piece of gear you ever received for FREE?

...a pair of Nak cassette decks, DR2 and DR3 I think. Both sadly OOS at the moment :confused:, think the DR2 may need a belt. These babies show you can record a cassette that equals the original source in sound quality ;)
Back
Top Bottom