Search results

1. bryans12v

Rehabbed AU-717 going into protection

Recently fixed up a nice but non functioning 717for a friend. It had been previously worked on and someone had fitted main filters that were too small for the clamps, used cardboard to take up the space (they were still unsecured) as well as some other questionable work. I replaced all the...
  2. bryans12v

The Bogantz Quad Preamp

Figured you guys would get a kick out of this. A buddy I met through lathetrolls showed me this really cool quad preamp he was given from another friend of his who was big into the record cutting industry, Greg Bogantz. Guess the guy was cutting CD4 disc's back in thier heyday and built some...
  3. bryans12v

Kitty Hawk Junior 220v

Any guitar amp experts out there know if the power transformer in these can be wired to 120V? Looking at the schematic doesn't show it possible. Someone converted the plug to a U.S. mains plug and I'm hesitant to plug it in. Clearly states 220v/230v input. If not, if imagine I would need one...
  4. bryans12v

Rek-o-kut trade for Fairchild?

So I inherited a really cool Rek-o-kut imperial in great shape. While I know they're somewhat desirable to folks who actually cut, I don't. I really have no intentions of cutting records. A somewhat local guy is looking to part with an ok looking Fairchild 530G table. It has no tonearm. I was...
  5. bryans12v

CR-420 Tuner issue. Need help

Working on a really clean CR-420. Everything seems to function fine with the exception of the FM signal strength and NO stereo. First thing I checked was the 12v supply to the FM board. Its only reading 7.28vdc. I assumed it was a supply issue but its not. I pulled the 12v feed pin out and...
  6. bryans12v

Need guidance on bozak speakers

These popped up locally. Seem to be bozak cm-109-18 speakers. Can't find any value in them. Anyone know what they would be worth? They're prob going to go quick.
  7. bryans12v

Super tall bozak line array?

Anyone know anything about these? They just popped up locally and will prob be gone quick. They are M109 drivers. Can't find a model #. Maybe homebrew?
  8. bryans12v

Rek-O-Kut Imperial Lathe

So a buddy of mine stopped by today and gave me a wonderful gift. This beautiful Rek-o-kut imperial. I can't find much info about it online. Id love a manual to figure out how this thing works. Supposedly, the guy whom this originally came from said its all here and it actually works, I just...
  9. bryans12v

Solid state 6AU6 replacements?

Have you guys come acrossed anything like these? I can't find much info on them. They say 6AU6 on them with same pin style as 6AU6.
  10. bryans12v

Altec 601A tweeter cuts out.

Hello everyone. Ive read multiple posts about the tweeter in these being not repairable once they fail. The one in mine works and sounds great but if I crank it up a bit, it will cut out and back in again. Sometimes it will stay out until I crank it up again and then will work again. I...
  11. bryans12v

Kyocera R-661 Distortion R Channel

I'm trying to help out a close friend get his favorite receiver sorted. Its a really nice Kyocera R661. Its got some distortion in the right channel only and will make the peak indicator light come on at about 40% volume. I looked through it and see no obvious signs of burnt up parts. Did find...
  12. bryans12v

Looks like Mcintosh is letting go of Audio Research

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.whathifi.com/amp/news/audio-research-sold-by-mcintosh-group-to-former-sales-director
  13. bryans12v

Amp cage clip supplier?

Anyone know of a source for these in bulk? I've ordered a few dozen off of ebay but get quite expensive. I'd be willing to buy in bulk but have not been able to find another source.
  14. bryans12v

Elekit TU-8600S has taken center stage.

It's been about two weeks with this thing so far and I am so head over heels for it I felt I had to share my impressions. This is the new release with the updated lundahl transformers that went on sale this July. I'm currently using Genalex PX300B tubes for the outputs and bugle boy 12ax7/12au7...
  15. bryans12v

Fisher X-202B from dormant to daily driver?

About two weeks ago, I saw one pop up locally. I had recently parted with a really nice x101b and missed it dearly so I jumped in the car and went and picked it up. It is not in the best condition but will clean up nicely. My goal is to eventually get this into a state where it can be used as a...
  16. bryans12v

Marantz 10B mods by Giacomo Pruzzo?

About to embark on am overhaul on my 10B tuner and have come across some extensive work done by Giacomo Pruzzo as seen here. http://zilla.li/Resources/PDF/Marantz_10B/Marantz_10B_Manual_Pruzzo.pdf Has anyone seen this before and have any comments in regards to the few modifications made? I...
  17. bryans12v

My DIY HK Citation II Cage

Posted some images in another thread in the tube forum but figured I'd start my own with some recent pics of a semi finished product. Still waiting on the post clips which should be here Monday. Story is.. I picked up a really nice II sometime last year. Since then I've been able to get all the...
  18. bryans12v

Active or Passive?

I'd love to hear what you prefer and why. I've been mentally drowning myself with this question lately. About 2 years ago I tried the active route with my 416-8B / 288-8K combo using a DBX PA2 in triamp config and was somewhat impressed. I even added a pair of cheap little PRV super tweeters...
  19. bryans12v

KA 7300 putting up a fight.

Trying to revive a KA7300 and need help. I'm considering tapping out on this one. I got with a right channel out and left channel cutting out if the power supply board was slightly flexed. Replaced relay got a clean left channel, still no right. Yesterday I go to fire it up to test and now...
  20. bryans12v

Is this a good trade? Altecs for Quads

I have a nice pair of Quad IIs that I just rebuilt. I don't have much intention on using them (as i have other nice tube amps) and was eventually going to sell them sometime down the road. A local guy to me has two pairs of new old stock Altec 1005B multi-cells, throats and sleds! He wants to...
  21. bryans12v

MicroCap 12 is now free!

Dont know if this has been shared here or not but figured I'd let you all know. The very wonderful software is now free to download as spectrumsoft tanked last year. This software used to cost thousands of dollars. http://www.spectrum-soft.com/download/download.shtm Enjoy!
  22. bryans12v

EL34 NOWKO? Tube I'd help

Can any ID these? Search results turn up nothing on NOWKO. I got these in a lot of really nice mullard xf2s. Really just trying to find out if these are rebranded and worth holding onto.
  23. bryans12v

New to me Model 8.

Hey guys, feel like I havent gotten to post much here. I have fallen further down the rabbit hole and find myself mostly in bartertown lately :dunno: I wanted to share my latest purchase. A super clean Model 8. Serial #2065. It is in such good shape, blows my mind how it stayed so clean all of...
  24. bryans12v

Step up transformer?

Today I picked up a really nice pair of Quad II amps in a lot of other goodies. They're very clean under the layer of dust. They are euro voltage models but luckily they came with all the cords for power and preamp connection. They also were in a bin with this transformer which I the folks...
  25. bryans12v

Custom 3way crossovers for Altec/Fostex?

I think its time for me to look into building or buying some passive crossovers. Im using 416-8B and 288-8K and am looking to add a pair of Fostex T90s to the mix. Can someone point me in the right direction here. When it comes to octaves, slopes, etc Im clueless!. I feel comfortable building...
Back
Top Bottom