Search results

1. L

Bowers and Wilkins DM-602.5 S3 Speaker Pair

It doesnt appear that there are any "sold" listings on there for any price range. I've seen plenty of ads, but that doesn't mean that they are worth it. For example, there is a listing on eBay right now that the seller is asking over $2000 for the pair. They are from Japan so I am wondering if...
  2. L

Bowers and Wilkins DM-602.5 S3 Speaker Pair

Hey everyone, first post in a while but I have gotten a little pickier about what I buy since I have moved into an apartment. Today I came across a pair of B&W 602..5 S3 speakers that look like someone unpacked them and donated them to the local Habitat for Humanity for $100 after taxes. I have...
  3. L

Advice Wanted On 3.1 System; BA HD8 and Center Sat 6, M&K V90

So I have an opportunity to get two Boston Acoustics HD8 speakers, a Boston Acoustics Center Sat 6 center channel speaker, and a M&K V90 subwoofer and would like some thoughts on them. I would like to know how they fare for music of all types, for tv, movies, gaming, and what they are worth...
  4. L

Pretty Happy With My Recent Find - Sherwood S-7200

Came across this beauty at a Habitat for Humanity the other day for only $20. It was clean enough I could see it was in good shape and they said it worked and had a short warranty period. My buddy has one and has all the original documents with it that I can reference and let me know about the...
  5. L

Bowers & Wilkins Rock Solid Speakers

I would have never guessed they were from the 90's.. I thought at first they were going to be some cheap knockoff brand but once I picked them up I realized they were well built and a legit brand. I didn't put much thought into the weight, after all it wouldn't have been the first time I bought...
  6. L

There just doesn't seem to be many opinions on them from what I can find. All I can find are good things about them and I highly doubt that everyone likes everything about them.
  7. L

I got a pretty good deal on a pair of these speakers last night. I only paid $10 for a good set of speakers. They don't seem to be very popular overall and I am having trouble finding very many opinions about them. I know, I know.. I enjoy them so that should be all that matters but I would like...
  8. L

Vandersteen Model 2 Speakers

Well I plan on replacing the socks anyways so if the foam needs to be redone that wouldn't be too big of a deal. And please, I will pay you to ship them to me before you toss them on a bonfire haha.
  9. L

No stands for these. I have decided to get them if I can get a reply back from the person that has them
  10. L

Sorry, I didnt pay attention very well. They are Model 2C
  11. L

In the ad all it says is Model 2 so Im really not sure. I will try to find out
  12. L

Ive got a chance to pick up a pair of Vandersteen Model 2 speakers for $150. The sock needs to be replaced but from what i can tell they are in good shape otherwise. I did find a thread on here about how to replace the sock. My question is what are these things worth once theyre in good shape? I...
  13. L

JVC AL-A158 Turntable

I am really having a hard time finding anything on this turntable. I've had mine for a little over a year but I am about to move and since I am not attached to it would rather just sell it than have to try to move it and risk damage. It is in good shape, mine is missing the top plastic cover but...
  14. L

Allied Knight 83-YX-797 vs Y-786

So the KM-20 83YX930 is the same as which one?
  15. L

Allied Knight 83-YX-797 vs Y-786

I have an Allied Knight 83-YX-797 that I am currently working on restoring. I found an Allied knight Y-786 for sale earlier and was wondering if anyone knew what the differences between these were. The only differences I see are the faceplate and knobs are different styles. Otherwise it is the...
  16. L

System Subwoofer Importance

So I have been wondering how important a subwoofer is to a system. What changes besides power with the price? I have a Sony SA-WMSP69 active subwoofer with a 10" woofer, and 160 watts RMS. It has a port and I usually keep it turned to about half volume. I believe it sounds fine but what would I...
  17. L

Thoughts on my first tube amp

Well thanks for all the advice. I'm not sure if its just me being arrogant or not but I am confident in my ability to rebuild this safely. I am documenting everything carefully with tons of pictures, I have the parts list and wiring schematic listed near the beginning of this post and I now have...
  18. L

So where would I get a capacitor like this? I can't find anything like it.
  19. L

Okay so to test the capacitors I just hook up to the outside ground and then should be able to read the values by touching each of the terminals? Why would I not test them? If I can hook my meter up to them and see if they are working or not why not save the money? Supply caps seem to be very...
  20. L

Just An update on the tube amp. It came in yesterday and it was packed in a box that was not very well suited for shipping from California. I am honestly surprised that it even made it here. It was missing a tube for whatever reason (sender said it fell out) but we agreed on a price for a...
  21. L

Knight Tube amp

Yes, the case is missing. I believe that is covered now. Back to the original question now... What is it worth? I am not asking if I overpaid or not, I realize I did. But what do similar items like this go for?
  22. L

Unfortunately the oldest EE professor here is about 35. We are a fairly small program. With any luck, I will be able to gain access to the engineering lab on campus and use their tools. My next question was actually going to be how forgiving are tube amps compared to solid state. I have yet to...
  23. L

Knight Tube amp

It was cross country. almost as far as it could go, from California to eastern North Carolina. I have learned a little more about it now.. Its from 1958-1962, most likely was a kit to build. I was told that it was fully functional and as Stephen figured out, it is a mono integrated amp. I am...
  24. L

Right, had a little bit of a brain fart there.
  25. L

Well the more I am looking into it and thinking about it, I am glad that it is mono. There is much less that can be wrong with it. Also, like you said, it is a good learning exercise.
Back
Top Bottom