Search results

1. muscmp

Dynaco PAS 2 selenium rectifier replacement

well this is a dynaco pas 2 preamp. odd that i can edit the tags but not the title. sorry about the confusion! i'm sure this has been covered before but the search is not presently working. i have a pas2 preamp with a selenium rectifier. i've not worked with this rectifier previously. how...
  2. muscmp

garrard tt in fisher console won't stop

but it does reject, just won't turn off. any recommendations? thanks,
  3. muscmp

motorboating in mono and stereo phono circuit

finally got the top piece of of my fisher console and have taken the preamp out, but having trouble isolating the motorboating. i get a bouncing around, oscillating, of voltages instead of stable voltages. i suspect the pc networks but am not positive. if it is, how can i find the cap and...
  4. muscmp

how to get this top piece out to service preamp?

1961 custom electra iv. preamp has most likely a cap that needs replacement. i've pulled the amp and i've pulled the knobs and have taken the screws out that holds the preamp in. i can see a metal brace that holds the preamp in and so it has to be pulled straight up and out. but, this top...
  5. muscmp

mcintosh mc250 hum with voltages

i thought i'd try this area. i'm enclosing some voltage readings as well as the pdf schematic. mc 250 voltages Line voltage 113 C3 and C4, 100uf/12v input section both 15.68v C11 and 12, 330uf/3v left and right output sections, .009v left and .058v right C27 and 28, 9300uf/45v power supply...
  6. muscmp

mc 250 with hum

i broke down one of my two mc250 amps due to a hum. i have not run any voltages yet. i'm enclosing some pics. though old, 1967, the can caps and axials all seem fine. i don't see any burn spots anywhere. any recommendations? thanks, mikeB
  7. muscmp

sony str-d665 or kenwood kr-a47 receiver? which to choose

bought both in a garage sale. both are in working order. which should i keep? thanks, mikeB
  8. muscmp

sony str-d665 or kenwood kr-a47 receivers?

i bought both in a garage sale. only need one and i'll give away the other to a buddy. both are in working order. which should i keep? thanks, mikeB
  9. muscmp

clock repair question

i set all of my clocks back including this one. gave it a new battery but won't restart. put the old battery in but still won't restart. this is a very sentimental clock as my sister gave it to me and she has MS and is not doing very well so i'd like to repair it but have no idea how. any...
  10. muscmp

servo static one tweeter same as 2000a tweeter?

i have the chance to get a "working" tweeter from a servo static one speaker. it looks the same as mine but i'm not sure if it would be compatible or not. it is only $20 so as a backup for mine, it is a no brainer--as long as it is compatible. note that mine are working fine but i've heard of...
  11. muscmp

scott 299a bias instructions

i've been unable to to track down the bias instructions. could someone provide a link? thanks, play music!
  12. muscmp

scott 299a bias caps replacement confusion

i have a hum that has developed in my scott. it used to be that i could flip the phase switch and it would go away but no longer. it has been indicated on this forum that it would probably not be the switch causing the hum. all electrolytics except for the bias caps have been replaced so i...
  13. muscmp

scott 299a hum from phase switch?

i need to order a slide switch but, could a bad phase switch cause a hum in one channel? when i flip the switch, i lose one channel. i swapped the speaker wires and the hum did change to the other speaker. the switch does seem a little sloppy. i recapped it a while back, except for the bias...
  14. muscmp

searching for user manual for hitachi 425 scope prior to purchase

i've found the hitachi scope on CL and it comes with a 10x probe but no manual. i've found the service manual but can't find the user manual. $45, 40mhz. thanks, mikeB
  15. muscmp

identification needed for fisher studio standard receiver

saw this on CL for $45 and i need a receiver for my garage. unable to identify with this picture. what is the feeling about the quality of these? my guess would be mid 70s. thanks, mikeB
  16. muscmp

jbl4301 and 4301e repair and restore

i've begun work on these two speakers. i'm enclosing pictures of each speaker. i've replaced the le25-2 tweeter(thanks (L200b) in the 01 and have just received the surrounds for both woofers. i'm posting some of my PM with mech986 so everyone can see what has recommended but i would like to...
  17. muscmp

scott 299a high voltages on the ecf80 6bl8 tubes.

i printed out the scott schematic from audiokarma so i could trace the pathway but it is small and smeared so i thought i'd post a basic voltage chart to see if i can get your idea on what i might look for. i'd like to find a clean version of the schematic, if available. i purposely changed the...
  18. muscmp

jbl 4301 tweeter removal

how do i safely remove a tweeter that isn't working. i've popped out the woofer so i can get inside the cab but i don't want to put too much pressure on the backside of the tweeter. could be gasket that has permanently adhered itself over the many years? thanks, mikeB
  19. muscmp

thanks to everyone sansui sax200 sounds great

i wanted to thank everyone for the valuable assistance in helping me to finish the sansui receiver. it sounds fantastic! thanks again, mikeB
  20. muscmp

sansui sax200 selenium rectifier replacement

i'd like to replace the selenium rectifier but, i cannot find it. i've changed the one in my st70 but i cannot find anything physically close to that one. i'm enclosing pics and schematic in the hope that someone can point it out to me. thanks in advance. mikeB
  21. muscmp

scott299a

i have been working on my guitar amps to bring them up to speed and am now switching gears toward my audio equipment. note that i have no technical education and am only a hobbyist. i do have a radio shack voltmeter and know how to safely check voltages. i have a scott299a that is in need of...
  22. muscmp

dynaco st 70 power trans

one of my two dynaco st70s power transformer started ringing and has some hum but still works fine otherwise. when i pulled it, i noticed that the cloth was crumbling right at the exit of the transformer itself. how can i delicately repair the cloth wiring? please see the enclosed picture. i...
  23. muscmp

SAE Mark IVC schematic

i'm trying to find an SAE Mark IVC schematic. i keep finding people referring to "SAE talk" but it doesn't come up in google. specifically, i'm trying to find the voltages of the pilot lamps that are burnt out. thanks, mikeB
  24. muscmp

busted binding post

i busted a positive binding post on a cts speaker when reinstalling the chassis back in the amp. i'm including pictures but would like some recommendations on how to repair this. i notice that the back end of the post is connected to the voice coil so i don't want to make things worse as i had...
  25. muscmp

what amp to use with my infinity 2000a

i recently replaced the woofers and caps in a set of infinity 2000a speakers. i've been running them with a scott299 but it sounds like the scott needs a service that it has never had. since the infinity speakers are 4 ohm, i've hooked them to the 4 ohm lugs. now, i'm thinking of running my...
Back
Top Bottom