Search results

1. PooreBoy

JVC QL-?? owners thread

For some reason I cannot get the motor to come out of the housing. I can pull it out a bit, but it has a lot of resistance when trying to completely remove…like something is holding it back. Any suggestions?
  2. PooreBoy

JVC QL-?? owners thread

Thanks, that’s exactly what I was wanting to know…if it was safe to take apart the housing. Sewing machine oil should be ok to use, right?
  3. PooreBoy

JVC QL-?? owners thread

Yeah, I removed everything including the motor housing. I could still feel the rub when turning the spindle.
  4. PooreBoy

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Santana- Santana…original Columbia 2 eye,
  5. PooreBoy

JVC QL-?? owners thread

Hi all. I started noticing a thumping sound coming from my QL-7. It’s coming from the motor and is being picked up by the cartridge. It’s the kind of sound you get from a badly warped record. When I turn the spindle I can feel a rough spot. Any ideas on what would cause this to happen…or the...
  6. PooreBoy

New To This Tube Sh**

For that price range this is probably your best bet: https://www.amazon.com/MUZISHARE-Push-Pull-Integrated-Amplifier-Upgrade/dp/B07MMMM6VX I just ordered one a couple of days ago. A lot of people love them. And this will be my first tube integrated amp as well. (I have owned a tube console...
  7. PooreBoy

What's your latest audio purchase?

Audio Technica AT33sa MC cart. This is the sweetest sounding carts I've ever owned. It checks all of the boxes for cartridge for me. ;)
  8. PooreBoy

Why is it - Mid/Late 70s Country Music LPs sound so Good?

One of the best sounding albums I own is a first pressing/German copy of Waylon Jennings’ ‘Ladies Love Outlaws’. The record is dead quiet and is just a beautifully recorded and equally beautiful sounding record.
  9. PooreBoy

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Analogue Production’s 45rpm Ted Nugent...self titled.
  10. PooreBoy

Can anyone identify this cartridge?

It looks like one of the Empire variants.
  11. PooreBoy

Pro-ject Debut Carbon upgraded to Ortofon Blue. Weird rumble sounds.

It might be that the stylus isn’t seated correctly. It looks like the back of the stylus isn’t sitting where it should. There appears to be a small gap between the stylus housing and the cart if you look closely. That would be what I would check first.
  12. PooreBoy

22° angled headshell - what table / arm?

Yep, you’re correct on all points about it not being a Sony! Most of the Denons are black...and I believe the Realistic Lab 440 used a similar type as well. But it was also black.
  13. PooreBoy

22° angled headshell - what table / arm?

I believe that fits a Sony PS X45...maybe a 55 as well.
  14. PooreBoy

How did you get into Audio?

I can’t remember a time when music wasn’t a part of my life. I probably first started singing along to the radio or tv. But our first stereo was an RCA black and white console around 1962. About 6 months to a year later my dad bought a new RCA color console...where the first records I remember...
  15. PooreBoy

need some advice on setting up my Denon DP-45F.

I second what Wolfie62 said concerning the Conrad-Hoffman protractor. I have used it on all of the turntables I’ve owned, which includes a DP-45f, and it’s the best I’ve found for setting up a cartridge. It’s actually a program that allows you to plug in the specs for your turntable, and it...
  16. PooreBoy

Realistic Lab 400 Speed Issue

Just thought I'd give you an update on this issue. It turns out that it was indeed the motor. I picked one up of off the bay, and dropped it in...problem solved. It now runs at both 33 and 45rpm as expected. There is a little speed drift but nothing a few more sprays of deoxit won't cure. ;)
  17. PooreBoy

I’ve actually been tempted to buy this pack o parts...but I also found a micro switch on the organ donor website for $15. The cosmetics of the table are excellent. There’s no chipping, peeling, or scratches on the plinth. Even the original mat is in excellent shape. The dustcover would have...
  18. PooreBoy

That’s what I was thinking as well. So if it’s not the micro switch, then I guess the motor will need to be replaced as that board doesn’t appear to be serviceable. Thanks for the replies.
  19. PooreBoy

No one?
  20. PooreBoy

Bump...looking for more suggestions.
  21. PooreBoy

Yes, all of the pots were cleaned with deoxit. When they're turned the speed isn't affected in the slightest. I wonder if there is a speed control board mounted to the motor that could be bad?
  22. PooreBoy

I recently purchased a Realistic Lab 400 that has a strange speed control issue. The platter only spins at one speed that is close to 78rpm. (definitely faster than 45rpm) The speed selector has no effect...neither do the speed adjustment pots. The micro switch that’s supposed to change the...
  23. PooreBoy

Pooreboy great vinyl seller

Thanks guys...I appreciate the feedback!
  24. PooreBoy

PooreBoy Delivers!

Thanks Gary! I'm glad you're satisfied with your records. David
  25. PooreBoy

Pooreboy A+++

Thank you Todd. It's been a great selling experience!
Back
Top Bottom