Search results

1. Eddy Current

Otari question...

Well, almost everything is "IN" the back, if it isn't outside of the front of the machine...
  2. Eddy Current

How many members use reel to reel decks here ?

I have an Otari MX5050bii2, a Teac A-6300, Teac A3300SX, and a Teac A-1230. They all get pretty regular use!
  3. Eddy Current

Otari question...

Speed switch isn't on the back. The switch for hi/low speed is on the front panel, and there is an internal switch to move the tape speeds to low = 3.75 and hi = 7.5. The switches on the back (at least on my MX5050 Bii2) are for output level (+4/-10), Eq (NAB/IEC), Flux level, and mic...
  4. Eddy Current

Great transaction with CT Jim!

I purchased a Teac A-1230 from @CT Jim last month. He was terrific. He communicated regularly and provided a wealth of history, detail and actual media along with the deck. It was obvious that he had cared for both the deck and the tapes very well. His packing job was amazing. Everything...
  5. Eddy Current

Sony DTC-700 DAT Decks struggles to load tapes

Update: Got the 3D printed encoder gear from "Dr.Gear", and it solved my problem. Deck is back in the rack and working great.
  6. Eddy Current

Otari question...

I recently bought an Otari MX5050Bii2. It's a fantastic machine.
  7. Eddy Current

What are you listening to on your reel to reel right now?

Led Zeppelin III.
  8. Eddy Current

I hope so! As long as the vendor has the encoder gear. He indicated he should have some later in the week. Thanks!
  9. Eddy Current

Yes, I am. I'm asking over there as well.
  10. Eddy Current

Yes, thank you.
  11. Eddy Current

BINGO! The encoder gear is cracked and wasn't turning. I haven't found a replacement online yet. I'll keep looking. If anyone knows a source, I'd love to find out. THanks, hdrobien!
  12. Eddy Current

I haven't removed the transport from the case yet to inspect it. Is the reel motor belt driven, or directly driven? I guess I am hoping for some "easy" rubber replacement solution, but I have a feeling it's going to be more than that.
  13. Eddy Current

Thanks very much, hdrobein. I'll have to look to see if that little gear is the issue. Aside from that, it seems like partially disassembling, cleaning and lubing the transport is what I'll do next.
  14. Eddy Current

I bought a Sony DTC-700 DAT deck in 1990 when they first came out. Over that decade I recorded about 150 tapes. Then I threw the deck into a box and moved my residence about 5 times. Now, I'm in a house, with a place to get my gear all out (yay!), and I want to resurrect the DAT machine. I...
  15. Eddy Current

Where to get new blank reel to reel tape?

Hi Outlaw, Thanks very much for your response and suggestions! I agree that it is worth buying new tape, for sure. Regarding new tape (Capture, ATR, RMG and/or any others) is there any consensus as to the best price/quality point? I don't mind paying a bit more for great tape. I don't...
  16. Eddy Current

Where to get new blank reel to reel tape?

I tried using the search tool, but I didn't find much. I know you can get brand new tape for about $ 80/reel (10.5" x 1/4") from RMG. I also have found lots of likely questionable used tape available through vendors on eBay. Is there a great source of very high quality tape that you all...
  17. Eddy Current

anyone in virginia?

Hey Wolverine! Thanks! I'm in the Ghent section of Norfolk, but my girlfriend lives out in Red Mill, so I'm in the Beach a fair bit.
  18. Eddy Current

anyone in virginia?

Nope! Not a sailor. The name in this case refers to the eddy currents in electrical components (like transformers). Cheers!
  19. Eddy Current

anyone in virginia?

Norfolk here.
Back
Top Bottom