Search results

1. jami w.

Any chainsaw guys here? (Like myself)

I own a few jonsered saws (2) 621's (3) 90's (1) 110s A 670/cs2195 Husky saws- 281xp/266xp/ 50 signature series/ 450 x torque
  2. jami w.

2023 new England summer bash cook-out an get togther

When- 3rd Saturday in August Where- here in Southern New hampshire (Hudson nh) area Place- (I'm looking at 3 locations) One will be booked for event, w power also. Cook-out will start at 9am sharp an last till last person leaves, typical cookout food i.e. Grilling/ cold drinks/snacks/ some...
  3. jami w.

still wrenching on my beast!

Sadly I haven't been on AK for over a yr now, until last night that is. Busy w life/work/ starting my own tree company in the spring :) But still wrenching on my beast a 76 ford f250 4wd, powered by a 70 torino gt 351c-2v.
  4. jami w.

Well well well look who it is, finally logging after a long time!

Yup still alive/still kicking/ an still behind the wheel of A 26' box truck. Figured I'd chime in an say hello to the ol timers here :)
  5. jami w.

'77 blue oval owner here

paid off on a decent project driver, a 1977 ford f250 4wd/4spd. it needs to be put back togther (frnt clip) painted/brakes/tune up. but it starts up/runs/drives/4wd works, the narrow chassis f250 "highboy" powered by a '70 torino 351c-2v i ran the block/head numbers on it. as of right now...
  6. jami w.

sitting on a Gould os 3350/5

oscilocope just curious if anyone here would know what it's worth. all i know is it's for both stereo and tv repairing. but i can't find anything online.
  7. jami w.

hopefully picking up a ford highboy :)

75 ford f-250 4spd/4x4 reg cab / 8 foot bed. truck spent it's entire life in Georgia, 0 rot/0 rust i owner truck. the owner kept it stock, including rims/tires as well. always kept it maintained. now that my life has been back on track, it's time i get a vehicle :) hell i deserve it, after...
  8. jami w.

big shout out to you @hepcatwilly!

can't thank you enough!!! he brought me a reciever over tonight. haven't seen him in 10 yrs, to you @HepcatWilly a big thank you! an was great spending a few chatting with a long time friend!!
  9. jami w.

i've had it with this pioneer vsx 1017!

every few months i go to turn it on, it decides to not work. do a factory reset it works for months. an then stops working. im going back to vintage 2channel audio, an staying with 2 channel for good!! side note- above issue could be just me by hitting wrong button on dam remote.
  10. jami w.

wireless speaker connections

is there a way to send signal to speakers besides cable from the reciever? the way i have my system set up, i cant hide the cables. and i dont like speaker cables run along edge of ceiling/an floors, just tacky and down right ugly looking. (the same way a guitar can run wireless to the...
  11. jami w.

subwoofer shopping ideas

im searching the bay and local craigs for a decent powered sub, an need your guys input for a non ported 10 or 12" any certain ones i should be looking for? i got rid of all the cambridge soundworks, subs were ok for being 8" but they were ported, im not a fan. sadly im kinda stuck buying...
  12. jami w.

def not my sony,

i cant find the words to describe this "thing" from sony-
  13. jami w.

black walnuts- love em or hate them?

i miss eating these, would love if i had a black walnut tree with in walking distance of me. haven't eaten them in about 15 yrs! i used to collect them as a kid with my grandparents. for those who enjoy them, do you use them for cooking? or for snacking on? im just curious or how about the...
  14. jami w.

went through my old posts, an really forgot about my golden vintage fingers.

still can't get over all the gear i've picked up through out my time in ak land!! i still remember all the gear i had and lost from that fire!:thumbsdown: an the gear i picked up afterwards. i still miss an will never forget my sweet cat Dee!! he was my lil music buddy, would curl up in my lap...
  15. jami w.

im going hunting , tube amp hunting that is!

it's only duty will be playing vinyl in my spare room which is 12'x15' im not looking for 20 wpc, it can/could be only 5wpc an im fine with that. jazz, bluegrass, classical. i have 2 sheets of plywood, as i'm going open baffle 10" full range drivers. for tube amp my dream would be a small cary...
  16. jami w.

Samsung HL-S6187W dlp tv, an myself not being to bright

i went out earlier today an bought 3 hdmi cables, came back and pulled out the tv stand. hooked it all up tv to pioneer reciever, turn on tv the ps3 an stereo switched to tv settings button. no surround sound not even in 2 channel!! now remember im still a noob to surround sound, from ps3 to...
  17. jami w.

air cond question- and room size

is there an easy way to figure out whats the best size window ac for a living room thats 20'x15'? im looking to buy one but dont want one thats to small. i do have an ac in my bedroom though.
  18. jami w.

freebie speakers for me

just picked up some cambridge soundworks speakers for free :) now ive got 2 speakers for the back porch :) from a neighbor whose "upgrading". poor guy i feel bad for him :rflmao:i was just told "the wife liked how the blose looks" mc200 speakers x2/ new ensamble III speakers x2 and the center...
  19. jami w.

helping a close friend pack and move/and recieve free gift -me

a friend of mine and his wife are packing up and moving across the country (his job). but awhile back i mentioned this in a post of mine, he was going to give me a set of speakers/ 2 towers. instead of that we could'nt fit in the truck his tv, so later this week before they head out, their...
  20. jami w.

pioneer vsx-1017 & opening her up.

i've had this reciever just under 2 months, and never really opened her up in 2 channel mode. well lets just say i was blown the hell away!!! slowly volume up past a 1/4 sounded awesome, deep tight bass, mids sounded good, from the drumming to the voices. was clear and percise sounding. so me...
  21. jami w.

always wondered how many military service men and women here.

i myself a former land grunt- 12b combat engineer with earned sapper insigina from the 131st out of ft leonard wood, aka fort lost in the woods Mo. summer cycle "97"-"06" did my osut there and got stationed there o_O:beerchug: side note. ill never forget the first night of recption bn or that...
  22. jami w.

just did the biggest no-no ever! didn't drawer a/v on paper

i did the ultimate carnal sin the other day, i pulled the connections out from the lcd tv and my reciever. in order to mount tv higher on the wall, because of the tall rack i have. and in order to put audio gear inside the rack. i didn't draw out a wiring diagram to where each cable goes/or...
  23. jami w.

cell music to reciever-

i'm going wireless to listen to music from my cell phone through my stereo. as of right now im using a rca patch cord into a stereo jack into my phone. i have no issues with sound at all, the only issue i have? is with rca patch cords their 3' long, which means i can't sit/ lay back an relax...
  24. jami w.

temp sony tape deck

picked up a sony tc-we305- for 10 bucks at a thrift store. it'll be replaced with a pioneer in very near future though. who ever owned it gets a highfive from me. new belts, has been cleaned inside & outside, plays tapes and clean sounding. and that wooden urn on the bottom, will be holding...
  25. jami w.

not a good day, a trip to the vet for my dog

sadly i had to make that call yesterday :( my beloved german sheperd roxy, has to be put to sleep this morning. 9 yrs old and shes loaded with stomach cancer :( and mammory gland tumor (cancerous) this has been the hardest thing in my life ive ever had to do!! she can barely walk, struggles...
Back
Top Bottom