Search results

1. marantzfan

Scott 340B Rebuild

I always wanted a 7591 based Scott and unlike the vast majority, really like the styling of this receiver. I saw one pop up on eBay a while back at a very affordable price and I bought it. Photos and description were a little (ok, a lot) misleading as to the condition, but it will clean up...
  2. marantzfan

New HQPlayer Machine Build

I have decided to up the ante from my beloved 2009 Mac Mini and give HQPlayer the horsepower it wants to do what it does so well. I just placed my order for a barebones kit from Tiger Direct that should get me cooking with gas here. This is what I am starting with...
  3. marantzfan

Altec Markwart Crossover Double Check

Being as I've only done this a handful of times, I'd like to see if I can get another set of eyes to lookover this layout to make sure it is correct. Here is the schematic, which, I am building for the 604-8G variant...
  4. marantzfan

Time to start poking the bear...

Ok, I've put this off long enough already. I have just moved my system into a different room in my house and this is where it needs to stay. Right off the bat, it sounds like shit compared to my living room where it used to be. The room is "technically" 20'x26'x10', but there is a 3/4 height...
  5. marantzfan

Bottlehead S.E.X 2.1 with C4S on the Way....

Since parting ways with my Little Dot Mk III I've been looking for a new headphone amplifier to go with my AKG K701. This ought to be just the ticket; plus I get to have fun putting it together. Should arrive in the next few weeks... The Bottlehead family is growing in my house. :D
  6. marantzfan

Thorens TD-124, the adventure begins...

Well, for the last few years I have been absolutely positive that a Linn LP12 would be my last turntable and I had no need to look elsewhere. Well, about a month ago I was at a local HiFi shop, Arizona Hi-Fi while chatting with the Bill and Glenn I noticed they had a Thorens TD-124 sitting on...
  7. marantzfan

Looking at multi-system Jriver...

I really want to get away from the Squeezebox Touch. Not that I dislike it, just that I use it so much I'm worried about what will happen when Logitech stops supporting it. So, looking at other options and their potential longevity, it looks like Jriver isn't going anywhere anytime soon and is...
  8. marantzfan

Infinity Renaissance 90 Weight?

Anyone know the weight of these things? Need to know for shipping purposes.
  9. marantzfan

Fat bottom girls....

...you make the rockin world go round...
  10. marantzfan

Using a JBL MA15 with Altec 605?

Anyone know if I can use one of the JBL MA15 mounting hardware kits to mount an Altec 605b driver? I don't have enough room to use T-Nuts directly behind the woofer frame.
  11. marantzfan

Scott 399 Tuning Dials

I recently picked up a nice Scott 399 but both of the tuning dials are broken where the set screw joins them to the pot. So, aside from just the cosmetic issue, I also can't tune in stations with it. Any recommendations on where I can either buy replacements or does anyone know of a company...
  12. marantzfan

How to clean an HH Scott Faceplate?

I just acquired a really nice looking HH Scott Stereomaster 399 and aside from a busted (but repairable) cabinet and a slightly bent faceplate, she's a beauty! Now, I have already started putting the cabinet back together and have the faceplate and knobs off for cleaning but I've read that...
  13. marantzfan

Altec 605b Duplex, now what?

Couldn't resist, picked up a pair on the local CL tonight that will most likely need reconing. Then?
  14. marantzfan

Going to spend 3 nights in L.A. in May

Looks like work will have me traveling to Los Angeles from May 13-16 for our annual convention at the Convention Center (imagine that.). I'm sure ill have sone free time in there somewhere... What to do? Any cool audio shops, music venues, micro breweries or AK members in the vicinity? :)
  15. marantzfan

DIY Deathmatch: SET vs SS Class A

Bottlehead Stereomour vs First Watt F5/B1 Well, I wasn't really sure where to put this, but being as the two designs are at the fringe of SS and Tube, I thought that the cutting edge was appropriate. That and I've been itching to play here. :D So, as some of you know, I recently took the...
  16. marantzfan

There's gold inside!

I have heard a lot of different reasons why classic Marantz gear is so desirable but yesterday I heard a new one. I was at a CL sellers house checking out a 4430 that was in beat shape when I got educated. According to the seller, "the reason these are worth so much is because they built them...
  17. marantzfan

Krisjay is an asset to AK.

I recently picked up an Akai Reel to Reel and when I picked it up I knew nothing about it. Krisjay offered to send me a care package to help me get up and running for a minimal amount. Well, I got two boxes full of tape and other goodies. I have to imagine that the shipping alone was close to...
  18. marantzfan

Psvane 2A3

Has anyone tried these yet? I'm curious to try them out as I've heard great reviews on the Shuagang (spelling?) tubes, these are supposed to be better but I can't find many reviews on them.
  19. marantzfan

7k!

Guess I should keep things to myself more often. :D
  20. marantzfan

Bottlehead Stereomour on the way...

I've been wanting to try SET 2A3 on my Altec Model 19's but hesitated on several opportunities to do so. Well, last month I finally stepped up and ordered a Bottlehead Stereomour. Just got the notice that it shipped out Yesterday and is expected to be delivered 11/27. :banana: Updates...
  21. marantzfan

PHX CL Monster Yamaha Turntable

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/ele/3412882673.html Not sure what these usually go for but it sure looks substantial. Not mine, etc.
  22. marantzfan

What have I got here? Akai GX-635D

I just picked one of these up at my local Goodwill store for $19.99. I know nothing about RTR machines but from what I can tell this one seems pretty desireable. I don't have any tapes and this one didn't come with any reels. I cleaned it up last night and it looks to be in pretty nice...
  23. marantzfan

Inductor values in crossovers.

I am considering a scratch build of JBL L100t3 crossovers but I cannot find a 3.2mh inductor. The closest I can find is 3.3mh. Will it work or does the value have to be exact?
  24. marantzfan

Upgrading JBL L100t Crossovers to L100T3

I have searched and searched and searched. Does anyone have a link to or know how to do this upgrade? I have a pair of L100t's that I would like to upgrade the crossovers on.
  25. marantzfan

PHX CL - Carver Amazings $400

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/ele/3258635997.html Not min. Run! :yes:
Back
Top Bottom