Search results

1. TheRed1

Fisher A-192 specs?

Pg. 15 of the SM shows 8Ω main speakers: https://www.fisherconsoles.com/non%20console%20manuals/Fisher%2011-r%20sm.pdf
  2. TheRed1

schematics for this fisher ?

https://www.fisherconsoles.com/non%20console%20manuals/Fisher%2011-r%20sm.pdf
  3. TheRed1

It followed me home, can I keep it?

That is a thing of beauty. Congratulations! Attached is a comparison between the two model years as explained in the Fisher Sales Guides. (These handy booklets were required reading for Fisher's salesmen.) The only notable difference I noted was the number of diodes. Hopefully yours still...
  4. TheRed1

Fisher History Gurus Needed

I tried something similar about a decade ago: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/the-fisher-chassis-1945-1969.313720/ It can be quite a challenge coming up with definitive introduction dates for Fisher's vast panoply of separates. The copyright dates on the sales literature are...
  5. TheRed1

Fisher Model 3 Tube amp & preamp

You're missing a couple of digits on the tube layout diagram. Should be either a model 310, (1959,) or 320 (1960.) Both used the 310 chassis with a quad of ECL82 (6BM8) tubes as outputs/phase inverters/drivers. It belongs in a Promenade I or II, a diminutive MCM phonograph on tall, spindly legs.
  6. TheRed1

1941 Philharmonic Futura K-1!!!!!!!!!

Good eyes! Looks like a complete K-1 tuner and amp chassis.
  7. TheRed1

Fisher FM-90x. What Fisher amp would have been paired with this?

Don't forget the 90-A. There was a complete 90 series.
  8. TheRed1

Help identifying Fisher console.

Wow - what a bonanza of documentation! You have both the gold 1951 copyright and the red 1952 Coronet brochures. I believe those are for the 1952 and 1953 model years, respectively. Looks like the dealer threw in just about every piece of Fisher literature from that era except the Custom...
  9. TheRed1

The hole at the bottom is the speaker enclosure port - that was factory. The red stain is likely also original; done so as to not show through the grill cloth . . . which is missing. The insulation is probably also original although it looks to have been re-purposed as rodent bedding...
  10. TheRed1

Early to mid 1950s Coronet in the Allegro cabinet - a beautiful blond one, you lucky dog. The brass medallion beneath the tuning dial should be the crown (coronet) logo. Chassis is probably an R-3 and if that's a control missing a knob to the right of the tuning dial then it likely has either...
  11. TheRed1

Futura Info Needed

Page 4 of the operating instructions, (available on fisherconsoles.com,) has an illustration of the control panel showing the knobs as they are on Stormking's Futura III.
  12. TheRed1

Futura Info Needed

Futura III, 1962. https://www.fisherconsoles.com/futura%20III.html It is in remarkable condition. Reminds me of my first Fisher console - a 1960 F-220P Premiere: https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/fisher-consoles.112001/
  13. TheRed1

Fisher SA "series" amps.

While I feel certain Dave is correct for the models named, (I always think "stereo amplifier" for SA models; "tuner amplifier" for TA models and "control amplifier" for CA models, etc.,) there is the curious case of Fisher's first SA model: the 1948 SA-1. In that particular instance the SA...
  14. TheRed1

Philharmonic Radio Co. Model S-6 Console, 1942

Not so far as I am aware. Victor Brociner was the chief engineer and Avery Fisher's partner at Philharmonic. In a 1960 letter to the Smithsonian Mr. Brociner mentions his redesign of Philharmonic's second-generation wide-band AM receivers, the K-1 and the S-6. They switched from their late...
  15. TheRed1

Philharmonic Electra S-6 Specs
  16. TheRed1

I wonder if my Futura K-1 originally had the Thorens 201. It was a K1-FM demo model sold in late September 1942. The build tag just specifies "manual" for phono - no tone arm specified. I suppose the Brush was an optional upgrade from whatever was offered as standard. What do you make of the...
  17. TheRed1

Page 13A of Philharmonic's sales ledger showing early January 1942: Order No. 1485 for Marvin O. Adams; Set #12 from 1942; $391.45; S6-AM; Brush PL-25 manual turntable (I can't believe yours is still there!) Cromwell cabinet; Chassis No. 1401; Inventory No. 2906; Paid 1-27; Delivered 2-17.
  18. TheRed1

So glad you were able to pick this one up. Shoot me a DM with your email and I can send you the copies I made of the S-6 service notes and owner's manual which I found among Avery Fisher's Philharmonic Radio Co. papers. There is also a 5-page booklet listing its technical specs. The component...
  19. TheRed1

Identify this console ?

Looked up the E492 in my chassis database; it shows 21-R. It shows it as a '67 model, too - which it was. The model number, of course, ends in a "2" as do all the other '67s. However, it was also offered in '68 as a carry-over model. I just happened to find it in the '68 brochure first. I'm...
  20. TheRed1

The Fisher Console Identification

The TA-900 differs from the TA-500 in that it sports 3 extra RCA jacks on the top of the chassis to allow it to function in stereo with the 30-A and 30-C outboard channel. I believe Fisher also offered a conversion kit (TK5) to convert a TA-500. You will note in the third image posted above...
  21. TheRed1

Identify this console ?

1968 CE in the Contemporary cabinet. Receiver is the console equivalent of the 220-T, if memory serves. Chassis may have had a console-specific designation which Larry would probably remember.
  22. TheRed1

Fisher Philharmonic-- But What Do I Actually Have Here?!

Very interesting. That cabinet looks as if it may have been based on the '61 P-22 Philharmonic with the decorative molding removed from under the front of the lid and the facing board - referred to above - added. Yours is a much, much cleaner design than any of the other early Philharmonics -...
  23. TheRed1

1971 Fisher Zone 1 Price List

Thank you for posting. This is one I've been trying to find for ages.
  24. TheRed1

President IV Receiver

I suppose the rebuild question would mostly depend on how you feel about 4-channel receivers. It was one of Fisher's all-time most expensive receivers ($700!) from its late 1970 introduction until it was eclipsed by the 801 ($750!) mid-season 1972. From a 2-channel perspective its audio...
  25. TheRed1

fisher S9 worth fixing or junk

Super rare, super early The Fisher! Certainly worthy the attentions of somebody interested in the genesis of one of this country's legendary audio electronics brands. Incidentally, the S-9 precedes the 1947(ish) Model 24 Anniversary model. It may have been the first true The Fisher; though...
Back
Top Bottom